End of the World this Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stress_Test

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is it just me or does it seem like this time the end-of-the-world prediction got a lot more hype than these things usually do??

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's perpetuated by news broadcasters who want to say "end of world at 9:00 tonight... details at 11:00".

Last edited:

jtr1962

Flashaholic
It's a shame people who make false end of the world predictions aren't held accountable somehow. Why anyone even believes this guy after his last prediction in 1994 turned out wrong is beyond me.

On another note, I can predict that the world will end sometime between 4.5 and 5 billion years from now with some degree of certainty. That's when the sun will run out of fuel, swell to a red giant, and swallow the inner four planets.

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
~

I bought expensive ... Sky box tickets ... to see the event .

I demand a REFUND ........................ who do I see ?

Monocrom .............. didn't YOU promote this event ?

~

StarHalo

Flashaholic
xlarge15363436331.jpg

xlargegfbuo.jpg

xlarge15372622538.jpg

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

When I first saw this picture, I nearly pissed myself..:p

What_A_Tool.jpg

Last edited:

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
My favorite is the one on the toilet! LOL

I live right next to Oakland, CA so I'm especially interested in what's going to happen in the next few hours. Will they just throw everything in the air, reject the "prophet" and egg him on, or commit mass...

...lawsuit?

StarHalo

Flashaholic
We should have the apocalypse more often if the weather is this good; it's been 90 and steady here for a few hours, with a mild breeze, I just finished building a flower box for the backyard garden, got a little tan..

jellydonut

Enlightened
So instead of an apocalypse, we get another Icelandic volcano eruption.

rN5pg.jpg

I'm just glad I'm not in Australia this time, waiting anxiously for ash clouds to disappear. :sigh:

The word is this volcano (the awesomely named Grimsvötn) is known to produce minor eruptions, not on the scale of the (more awesomely named) Eyjafjallajökul, so I suppose we shouldn't worry about ash clouds. Too much.

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just went for a walk in the woods with family and friend. Looked vigilantly for signs of The End in every hollow, between every branch, beside every twig, and beneath every stone. Found a dead snake at the beginning of the hike near a gas line. Looked like it had died months ago.

It did rain on us for awhile, and the sky looked considerably darker to the south, towards White Plains and New York.

jtr1962, you sure there was no apocalypse down by you? Maybe it hit down on Long Island.

Burgess

Flashaholic
The dreaded 1800 Hours has come and gone here.

No plague of Locusts -- at least so far . . . .

However, the Mosquitoes DO seem particularly Intense this evening.

Wonder if that's how it begins ? ? ?

On the bright side:

i now have an additional 18 Months to complete my Spaceship !

:tinfoil:
_

jtr1962

Flashaholic
jtr1962, you sure there was no apocalypse down by you? Maybe it hit down on Long Island.
Nothing unusual here besides some rain. I'll admit it was an ominous sign seeing the clouds gathering shortly before 6. "Hey, what if this guy's right?" actually entered my mind for a fraction of a second.

Status
Not open for further replies.