End of the World this Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
I think they forgot to pass out the Kool-Aid.

We could have gotten some free Kool-Aid out of this? Damn, I missed that.

Wonder how the 60 year old NYC Staten Island guy feels after spending his $140K life savings on printed apocalypse warnings ? Hope his rent was paid.

The poor guy...here he is in Times Square, checking his watch:

"I don't understand why nothing has happened," a deflated Fitzpatrick said in Times Square a few minutes after 6 p.m. "I did what I had to do. I did what the Bible said."

"I obviously haven't understood it properly because we're still here," added Fitzpatrick, 60, surrounded by a phalanx of reporters and skeptical onlookers.

Last edited:

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well 6:00 PT rolled around here in Oakland and nothing happened! Hope they all get a full refund...

flashflood

Enlightened
On another note, I can predict that the world will end sometime between 4.5 and 5 billion years from now with some degree of certainty. That's when the sun will run out of fuel, swell to a red giant, and swallow the inner four planets.

If we haven't figured out interstellar travel by then, we deserve to die.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
~
Monocrom .............. didn't YOU promote this event ?

~

Hell no! All I did was make a topic regarding the B.S. predictions of one lying dumb-***. :thumbsup:

I guess now we all have to head in to work on Monday. While in Manhattan, I did see a surprising sign while walking up to 34th street. Did a double-take to make sure I saw it right. Cardboard sign on a shopping cart with a homeless dude next to it. Sign said, "Keep your money and food. Repent now."

Must admit, never seen that particular panhandling tactic before. As with all homeless trends that start in NYC, expect to see it in your home-town, soon.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
xlarge15372622538.jpg

Must admit, not how I'd want to meet my Maker.

Lends a new meaning to the term, "When ya gotta go, you got to go." :p

bstrickler

Enlightened
CPF down ... Now that would be the end of the world.

I'm surprised Greta didn't mess with us, and shut all of CPF down for an hour or two. That would've been funny, but mean! There's your idea for 12/21/12, Greta!!! Shut it down for the whole day! (y'all are gonna kill me if she does that!)

~Brian

Monocrom

Flashaholic
We are all thankful that Greta is not evil.

(Although that would have been a helluva prank.)

Empath

Flashaholic
Rather than close down a thread due to a few using it as an opportunity to inject political controversy, I've deleted the involved posts.

:tsk:

Paladin

Enlightened
If you are still here, perhaps you were "left behind". Very weird that attempts to call my Mom and Dad went to strange sounding voice mail...

Paladin

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Thank you, gentlemen for keeping this amusing thread free of such a dirty thing such as politics. Much appreciated. :thanks:

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
Out of curiosity, I tuned in to listen to Camping giving his explanation of the May 21 doomsday failure (started at 8:30pm EST)....lol.....he is now saying that the apocalyptic process indeed began on May 21, but because God is loving and compassionate and merciful, He/She would not put people through a period of suffering for 5 months...and this May 21st day served the purpose of proving that no man will know the time, and served God's purpose of making sure that everyone has now been fully warned to get "saved." Rather the new final "vaporization" violent, earthquake driven rapture will happen on October 21, 2011.

I'm still listening....he invited members of the press to question him after he shuts up. This is like listening to a schizophrenic ramble on.

9:00pm All the billlboards are coming down. No further warnings will be given. The world will all be totally destroyed suddenly (without a period of suffering) on October 21st. LOL! Oh now the May 21st 2011 is the Spiritual notification date, which he mistook as the physical destructive date...but he now realizes that October 21, 2011 is the physical rapture. So there you have it...a perfect explanation that he believes will satisfy everyone.

The press questions are brutal. He is going on and on about "the money" Family Radio has earned; has left, but basically he doesn't know anything about their money, and God is the CEO.

Last edited:

StarHalo

Flashaholic
He said that on 10/21 "the universe would melt." I don't recall running across that detail in the Bible, but I guess in the modern era of spectacle, you have to spice it up a bit..

Stress_Test

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hope the old guy can run fast, because any time now he's gonna have an angry mob coming after him with pitchforks and torches!

The end of HIS world may happen a little sooner than October 21st LOL

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ad hoc.

If a theory is to be viable, it must be capable of disproof. Constant "resetting" almost if not completely meets the definition of ad hoc.

Note: The wiki article very smartly makes mention of the fact that an ad hoc "adjustment" does not in and of itself mean something is false, and the article provides Einstein's "greatest blunder" as illustration of this fact. An after the fact "adjustment" does not necessitate the falsity of a claim, but, it should make one stop and scratch their heads...:thinking:.....<-(like this)

Last edited:

Burgess

Flashaholic
I'm still bettin' on the Mayans !

12/21/2012

Be there, or be square !

:popcorn:
_

Status
Not open for further replies.