Fenix Bikelight BC30 - Neutral White,1800lm

ven

Flashaholic
Advantage for being Dutch... We got bikes.. A lot of them :D

and clogs and windmills!!! yes when i went years back to do a triathlon i noticed how many :) certainly a land of bikes,the bc30 seems to be the perfect choice.

kj2

Flashaholic
Mine just arrived. Plug is indeed somewhat hard to installed. This is because you press the o-ring, which is on the plug, between de housing and the plug. Once properly inserted it needs some force to be removed.
3fefe91851b38edda50c95b6cb4ddc53.jpg

kj2

Flashaholic
Ok, couldn't get some good photos but man.. Wauw! I like it :D Beam/hotspot is spread-out evenly and gives a wide view in front. Lowest mode is enough in the city where streetlights are present. When you enter a darker spot you bump it up to 200 lumens. Have cycled for about 20 minutes and changed between 100 and 200 lumens. No car-drivers flashed at me, meaning that I'm blinding them. Of course you must aim the beam towards the ground and max 5-6mtrs in front of your bike. And when it really gets dark or to signal pedestrians, 1800 it just a press/click away :D The pedestrians I passed-by really looked at me with a face of "dude.. You have light and it's bright". (So many people here who don't have light on their bike)
Small downside: the velcro-strap for the remote pressure switch is to long. So long that I can't attach it on my handle-bar. It does fit onto the handles.

lucky1981

Newly Enlightened
KJ2, thanks for the information. I have one incoming (now is stopped in customs) and reassures me to know that the plug can't be easily removed from the base. Greetings :thanks:

Last edited:

kj75

Enlightened
Thanks for your information kj2! A real must-have! :cool:

Small downside: the velcro-strap for the remote pressure switch is to long. So long that I can't attach it on my handle-bar. It does fit onto the handles.

Maybe you can a picture of this....

kj2

Flashaholic
Thanks for your information kj2! A real must-have! :cool:
Maybe you can a picture of this....
The remote pressure switch-strap has a rubberized-part which is ticker, so it can't loop through.

okyhbc.jpg
2h88pxz.jpg

2wof8li.jpg
347bkh5.jpg

1ph5vr.jpg
2z8pzj9.jpg

b6zer4.jpg
2yysbvb.jpg

Pressure switch has a GITD feature.

kj75

Enlightened
Thanks for the pics kj2! Fenix should fix this in the future...
I like the glow in the dark button :thumbsup:

Jagged77

Newly Enlightened
This is the light I'm looking at for my night time winter MTB adventures. Subwoofer, I'm looking forward to the review, especially interested in build quality for off roading as well as run time tests in typical British cold, wet and windy weather (sorry!). Love the personalised edition!

Skyraider59

Newly Enlightened
This is the light I'm looking at for my night time winter MTB adventures. Subwoofer, I'm looking forward to the review, especially interested in build quality for off roading as well as run time tests in typical British cold, wet and windy weather (sorry!). Love the personalised edition!

Just done a full review of the Fenix BC30, have a look at:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?390108-New-Fenix-BC30-Bike-Light-Review-Dual-distance-beam-Twin-XM-L2-T6&p=4507122

Lots of photos

netIMG_0002.jpg

Last edited: