Flashaholics: Tell me a little about yourself.

Fallingwater

Flashlight Enthusiast
Whats your age? And if you don't mind, are you man or woman? What do you do for a living?
26, male. I currently live off private income/inheritance. I'm waiting on two job proposals I've had, both of which would entail working on computers; however, neither employer can hire me right now. So I wait, and enjoy myself in the meantime. :D

I have no family and no plan of ever making one. I do have a girlfriend, who fortunately enough doesn't want children either, though for different reasons.

My flashlight bug comes and goes; right now I'm a lot less active than I used to be. My hobbies are, in no specific order: modifying everything electronic I can get my hands on, videogames, riding my motorbike, writing about technical stuff, listening to music. Right now I'm in the process of converting an old boombox from tape to mp3, in case you care. :p

Yorkshire Pudding

Newly Enlightened
I'm 65 and a retired telecoms engineer.

Oh dear, it looks as though I must be about the oldest here. If there are any other wrinkly old pensioners out there please post. Don't let me be here all on my own, PLEASE!

John L

paintballdad

Enlightened
berry580 resurrected a 2 yr old thread! :D It's a good one though.

I'm a 44 yr old biomedical electronics technician for a hemodialysis company. Been in the business for 24 yrs. Married with 2 great kids. My favorite hobby right now is......paintball. Mountain biking and photography has taken a back seat for now. High end flashlights are a new thing for me and has become an addiction like everything else i do. :crazy:

1wrx7

Enlightened
Whats your age? And if you don't mind, are you man or woman? What do you do for a living?

:wave:My name is Keith... and I'm a flashaholic:shakehead:tinfoil:

31yo, male, and I build adhesive meter, mix, dispense equipment. Mostly the work is boring... (I've been doing the same job for 13 years)... but every now and again I get to build a machine with a very worthy purpose. We've built some to do potting of lamps, which for obvious reasons made me smile.

My favorite project was one of our simplest machines. It was the model that really started the company 41 years ago, and I've built at least 40 of them over the years. This one was used to adhere Kevlar armor to the ASV (armored security vehicle) for the US military. I was told later that there was yet to be a fatality from IED's in the ASV. In my own small way I was able to help protect life with this project.

RdlyLite, I was going to pass on this thread and then I saw your sigline. Check my username... Subaru's rock:devil::party:

Rexlion

Enlightened
I'm 52, male, married 29 years, 2 grown kids I'm very proud of (son is engineer, daughter dog groomer), 2 sweet granddaughters.

I like to take stereoscopic photos (that's true 3D if you didn't know) of scenic locations. Enjoy traveling and camping.

I sell books in schools, but I'm back in college part time for a certificate in paralegal studies. Unfortunately, since the recession hit hardly anyone is hiring paralegals around here. So I blew 5 large in tuition for the fun of it.:party:

Polklifer

Newly Enlightened
I'm a 60 year old male from SoCal. My partners and I started a business out of college and owned it for 35 years before selling it in 2006. Good timing. I'm retired now although I do a little consulting from time to time.

Other interests include backpacking, road cycling, and keeping my wife happy. I also have an ongoing interest in the application of Goldratt's Theory of Constraints and Thinking Process to various problems.

mbiraman

Newly Enlightened
I'm a 58 yr old male. I'm a custom woodworker /cabinet maker. Hobbies are playing Zimbabwean traditional music, studying Japanese history and culture, riding my recumbent bicycle, meditation, ex rock climber and orchid grower and bought my 1rst high tech light last week, the Quark AA. LOve it.