Help me replace my surefire e2 with something better?

GarageBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't bother with this setup. Super problematic setup. Lumens Factory recommends the use of the now discontinued Lock-Out Tail Cap or LOTC for short. I have 2 LOTC which was damaged by the short circuit caused by the IMR bulb. The spring in both LOTC got burnt to the point of curling up like how a squid would behave in a pot of boiling oil. In both cases I had tried the light with the MN03 before changing it to the IMR bulb. And in both cases I had an instaflash of about a second or two before it goes out.

Checked the bulb after that, nothing seems to be wrong with the IMR bulb but what causes the short circuit to happen? Could it be due to a thicker filament which may have affected the draw?
Well, first, of course the MN03 is going to blow if you put 7.2 V through a bulb that is normally driven by 2xCR123s

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, first, of course the MN03 is going to blow if you put 7.2 V through a bulb that is normally driven by 2xCR123s
Before you reply, I would appreciate if you had read and understood what the content is before jumping to conclusion. Nowhere did I mention that I blew the MN03. I said that I had tried the MN03 to make sure that everything was working before changing the configuration to the IMR setup. That is when the light flashed before dying. And I mentioned too that the spring in the tail cap was damaged, not the bulb. Maybe it was my fault for not writing everything down in specific detail but hey, I am not a lawyer. I just can't help feeling why do we always have people who think they know the whole content of what is written by just skimming the surface of the passage and trying to chime in with answers that doesn't make any sense?

GarageBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oops, sorry, you made it seem like you were testing the IMR batteries with the MN03 as you said, that you put in the MN03 to test. I think you should complain to LF over the phone. But I digress.