• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired High current 3AA>1D - 18AA>6D battery adapters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdocod

Flashaholic
I make batches, I try to have them done before I run out, but am rarely successful, lol. I'm going to try to make at least 30-40 6AA adapters on this next batch so they last a while. Just check back in on the thread once and awhile, I should have a few ready to go before the end of this month.

Killswitch

Newly Enlightened
Hi mdcod,

Please send me the following adapter

9AA>3D: , $20 each
Shipping:, 3.00
Total $23.00

Paypal sent

Thanks

mdocod

Flashaholic
Killswitch
Order shipped!

Thank You!
Eric

-----------------------------

shuter
I should have your parallel adapters made and shipped in about a week or so. I'm waiting on materials to come in to finish up some adapters with.

Oh... did you get my PM? Wanted to make sure you had an opportunity to consider NIMH D size cells, which perform the same function, but often with less complication, and almost always have better capacity.

Thanks!
Eric

Photon

Newly Enlightened
Eric,

I returned the 6AA -> 2D serial adapter to exchange for a parallel adapter.

Yes, in your PM you mentioned the possibility of using D cells. But I would like the adapter so I can use Lithium AA cells. This is for a light that willl be stored in the car for who knows how long. The Lithium cells will provide long shelf life and minimize the risk of leakage due to temperature extremes.

Thanks,
KR

shuter

Enlightened
:duck:
Killswitch
Order shipped!

Thank You!
Eric

-----------------------------

shuter
I should have your parallel adapters made and shipped in about a week or so. I'm waiting on materials to come in to finish up some adapters with.

Oh... did you get my PM? Wanted to make sure you had an opportunity to consider NIMH D size cells, which perform the same function, but often with less complication, and almost always have better capacity.

Thanks!
Eric

Eric,

Thought I sent a reply but I see I did not. I appreciate the information you gave me, but I love the AA Sanyo Eneloops, use them in many applications besides lights and have lots of them. The super bright :duck:lights that I use them in (with your adapters) do not get long run time usage as a rule so that is not a problem. I prefer to be able to interchange the AA's versus dedicating expensive SLD D cells that I would have no other use for. I also have enough trusted Maha smart chargers (great products) to charge 20 AA's at a time if necessary.:thumbsup:

Thanks,
Gale
cpf/shuter

Last edited:

mdocod

Flashaholic
shuter
Photon
Firecop

Orders Shipped!

Thanks

-----------------------------------

heads up! some 6AA adapters will be ready really soon, (like, within 24 hours of this post)

mdocod

Flashaholic
good question Gunnerboy, I've got a few ideas I need to try out yet. Also working on 2x18650 adapters for the M6 which has put the 3AA adapters on the back burner for a little while. I could probably go ahead with the 3AA adapters if 75mm was an acceptable length for 1D cut down applications, but my gut says that I would be better off in the long run finalizing a better design that comes in a little shorter :)

------------------------------

[edit in 5/29@11:30PM] 6AA serial adapters back in stock!

Last edited:

Swagg

Enlightened
Re: Cheap, High current 3AA, 6AA, 9AA, 12AA, 15AA, 18AA to 1-6D battery adapters.

PayPal sent for
CPF member: SWAGG
3X 6AA to 2D adapters

mdocod

Flashaholic
Re: Cheap, High current 3AA, 6AA, 9AA, 12AA, 15AA, 18AA to 1-6D battery adapters.

borge85
Swagg

Orders Shipped!

Thanks,
Eric

shuter

Enlightened
Eric,

I will soon have quite a few adapters floating around and I am wondering how to tell which ones are parallel and which ones are serial? I did not see any markings on the first ones I got from you although I may have missed them.

Thanks

mdocod

Flashaholic
Hi shuter,

I've recently been transitioning into trying to mark all adapters with "+" and "-" symbols on the sides of the end-caps to make cell loading easier, I apologize if I missed your original adapters. In the "slot" that has "copper sheet over screws on both ends, the "+" sign should be at the bottom of the adapters, and the other 2 slots should be the reverse (the slots with hex nuts as contact) with the "+" sign at the top of the adapter.. A black permanent marker works great and is quick and simple. The parallel adapters I sent out recently should have all of the top marked with "+" signs, and all of the bottoms marked with "-" signs...

However, assuming no polarity "signs" on the adapters at all, a quick visual inspection will reveal the electrical path. Looking at the end caps, on serial adapters, the copper "link" is between 2 points on the end cap, and shares no electrical path to the "nut" that serves as the final contact through to the outside of the end-cap. On the parallel adapter, you'll notice that all of the points on the end cap are electrically connected.

I hadn't taken your situation into consideration, this brings to light some extra things I should be doing to improve the quality of the product. I need to make a point to maybe mark all parallel adapters with the letter "P" or something.

Hope that helps, and thank you for asking! If you have any other questions or concerns, let me know :)

Eric

OzzieDoc

Newly Enlightened
PayPay sent for 2 x 6AA > 2D $ 36.00
1 X 9AA > 3D $ 20.00
postage 6.00

Total $62.00

Thanks

Swagg

Enlightened
Just used my new adapters last night and they are great! Super easy to use, easy load and unload, great product. I bought three and they are perfect. Thanks mdocod.

mdocod

Flashaholic
Vextrek
OzzieDoc

Orders shipped!

Thanks,
Eric

------------------

Thanks all for the kind words of positive feedback, I appreciate it:)

Status
Not open for further replies.