Introducing the 007 Tri-V CPF

Status
Not open for further replies.

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
IMG_0879b.jpg

That is one heck of a light!!! uuhh:thinking: .... or three hecks of a light. Either way it looks brilliant.

fyrstormer

Banned
You liked my idea! [happy dance]

Even though I still probably can't remove the MC-E cover, at least the parts are designed to be reusable now. That's a plus for me on an ethical level if nothing else.

I reiterate that I think the Tri-V will set the bar for technical accomplishment in portable lighting for years to come. I must have one.

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dave, great accomplishment..always amazing when you are involved!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Karl

dizzy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nah, Dave let me set up a tent below the treehouse---I changed my address just last week. :nana:
Karl

So you are the one making all those strange noises, downstairs.... :p

I did NOT say you could not live in my tree house, I said your whole family could not live in my tree house! :poke:

Hey Dave, where are the pics by the pool with the wife in her bikini? :drool::drool::drool::drool:

The light looks awesome, by the way. You know that one in the pic has my name all over it. :eek:

Chief-Yeah

Newly Enlightened
being a former machinist myself I can only imagine the ingenuity that went into machining something like that . . .just awesome work.
On another note I really like your holding jig too . . .keep up the great work !!

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just now came apon this thread.
Very good timming I must say.

Is it ok if I drive over to your place now Dave?
I'll hold the Tri-V for you so you can take the pic's.
I'm only 20 min away,Your still up right?

Send me an email if you still want to stop in and see the prototype. I will be around this week.

Yea, I will post some beam-shots. Usually I do not post them because of how common my McGizmo reflectors are but this Tri-V is different isn't it.

I took the Tri-V to the DE shore with me this weekend. Went walking on the beach at night with it and gave it a good breaking in. It worked well searching for stuff in the surf, switching between flood and throw and back again. In the pitch black, as I was walking down the beach with my family I heard but could not see a person setting on the board walk, off in the distance he yelled out "nice flashlight man". :tinfoil:

Setting under the umbrella during the day and drinking a few cold ones, I started the interface design. Wrote it all down on my hotel paper and stuck it in my pocket. Five minutes later my kids are like, "lets hit the surf dad". . . it was still in my pocket, I remember what I wrote anyway. :nana:

Cheers
Dave

London Lad

Flashlight Enthusiast
There has to be some correlation between great flash-light design and beaches. Do you swim with fish as well ?

mikes1

Enlightened
Dave thanks for the ongoing updates I realy hope I can land one of theese amazing creations! Any chance of a picture of it in your hand
thanks

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.