Is the US Immigration on some witchhunt recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TedTheLed

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jumpy, why yes, yes I did! thanks so much for quoting my entire post to call attention to one typo, though the missing "m" hardly changes the meaning of the sentence..and you have done it in a such an informative and amusing manner, too. thanks again. keep up the good work. :ohgeez:

Jumpmaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow...so you can poke fun, but can't take a little poking yourself? Ok...:)

IT WAS A JOKE!! Just like your post was! Geez...

JM-99

Last edited:

raggie33

*the raggedier*
quit fighting ya to or ill ban ya ok waa im not a mod but i have a dog who will bite ya if ya dont behave merry xmas

BB

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess that nobody has problems with non-US Immigration Control in other countries like... oh say UK?

Surrender Passports, or else:

2 June 2006
THREE hundred banned football hooligans failed to hand in their passports by Tuesday's deadline.

With just a week to go until the start of the World Cup it is feared some may make it to Germany.

Authorities say they will track down and arrest people in the next 24 hours.

The banning orders were introduced to stop hooligans getting to the World Cup.

Altogether, 3286 banning orders have been handed out and anyone arrested for failing to comply with an order faces six months in prison and a £5000 fine.
The availability of cheap beer in Germany and the country's many shared borders make it a high-risk event.

Forced to turn in your travel documents or jail? Granted, these are probably not nice guys--but take the documents away when they are convicted--or ban them at the border. Jail in your home country--I assume UK, because of an event two countries away????

-Bill

Last edited:

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
BB,

That's an interesting story. Thanks for the link. I don't recall ever hearing of a govt revoking a citizen's passport to prevent them from possibly leaving their own country on the grounds that they may commit some crime outside of their jurisdiction.

Many would rather have their govts strive to do something about crimes that have already been comitted at home instead of trying to devine just who may or may not break the laws of another country at some time in the future.

cobra-ak

Newly Enlightened
Get a visa to Mexico and deny on the application that you will visit Northern Mexico for the purpose of entering the USA illegally. Find a "coyote" who is familiar with the "soft" infiltration points, prices have risen since US troops are now patrolling. Backpack, food and water to cross the border. No immigration lines, no stupid questions, no background checks on applications and the best part no waiting. If the senate version passes and someone can vouch you have been here for 5 years you are on the past track to legal citizenship. Over 20 million have done it so far and you can too.

Ken_McE

Flashlight Enthusiast
THREE hundred banned football hooligans failed to hand in their passports by Tuesday's deadline. With just a week to go until the start of the World Cup it is feared some may make it to Germany. Authorities say they will track down and arrest people in the next 24 hours. The banning orders were introduced to stop hooligans getting to the World Cup.

Last time I went to Germany I just walked in. Couldn't find anybody at the border post to talk to. *shrugs*

Status
Not open for further replies.