It's Earth Day Thursday

Status
Not open for further replies.

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast
The fact is nobody has proven that global warming is happening. Another fact is that the Earth has gone through many temperature cycles over millions of years, much of it caused by variations in the Sun. Ever heard of the Ice Age? That was before factories. So what caused it? Hmmmm.........
I respect your option... but at the same time... we are observing More Cyclones/Typhoons/Thunder Storms, More Max Temperatures, More Wild Fires, More dried up lakes, Escaping Polar ice... Soaring Gas Prices... what more proofs do we need :)

I can clearly notice the difference in past 20 years... things really have changed in the wrong direction.... (atleast in this part of the world)

If you trust Google, may I suggest you to have a look at the historical pictures how resources are getting used up.

True, many of the things in the documentary may be just plane BS... and exaggerated..

But as a sensible citizen of planet earth, I think, we all should save energy, gas and conserve the environment for a less polluted future.

The truth is, we do have finite physical resources. With Population exploding there are more cars and more natural resources being used causing more pollution and rising food prices... i feel it's all linked together.

Unless we relocate ourselves to Moon or Mars in near future, the existing resources are not going to last for long....

Last edited:

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm buying a Hummer to celebrate Earth Day.

Please buy one for me too :D ...Here, gas prices are very cheap ... water/coke/gas... all cost same.. less than 1$ a gallon...so I can afford to drive an Humvee .... but cannot afford to buy one :nana:

...oh... I almost forgot... I will have to stop drinking water in order to drive an H2 :p

e2x2e

Enlightened
Just do what you know is right. Be reasonable and don't waste for no reason. "Earth Day" is a joke though. To do good for the environment you just have to be aware and responsible, that is what it is all about. The hype, the t-shirts, the club, the holidays, all that stuff is BS.

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: It\'s Earth Day Thursday

Are you doing anything special on this special day?

Yes. I'll be watching the tv to see if Al Gore sells one of his mansions that eat up the the resources of 10 normal homes, or stops flying around in private jets. Speaking of eating, Gore seems to be doing more than his fair share of that too. Maybe he should call it Girth Day.

After that, I'll drive my SUV around town at high speed with the windows down and air conditioner on, in order to help the beleaguered petroleum industry by doing my part to increase demand.

BVH

Flashaholic
Now Darell, I'm disappointed you were not the #2 poster in this thread......hmmmmm......actually, you should have started this thread! :nana:

I embarked our City on the path to building and operating a public access CNG station in town and converting a significant portion of our light and heavy duty vehicle City fleet to alternate fuels - mainly CNG and some Hydrogen. Same with building and operating a public access, 350 BAR Hydrogen station. We're now in talks to demo that station and build a new, public access 700/350 BAR Hydrogen station. But in a little over 2 months, I pull the plug on that career! Yippie!

But on the other hand, I drive a 3/4 ton Diesel truck - but at least it has a particulate trap on it and gets almost 22 MPG on the hiway.

Last edited:

Empath

Flashaholic
The Underground is the place for the forceful political opinion discussion.
Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.