Just recieved Surefire E1B backup, mixed thoughts on Quality Control

Status
Not open for further replies.

Energie

Enlightened
My backup has some small spots too.
Guess, which light do I like/use more? :)
Backup-1.jpg

ebow86

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now the big decision is if I get another. I may just get a refund. Don't get me wrong, I really like the light but I am confused as to what surefire might do, either 1. go ahead and give me another factory sealed light as a replacement, or 2. go ahead and slap another head on it that probably is laying around in stock somewhere, 2. being what I wouldn't want to happen. Surefire is first and foremost a military suplier and the military doesen't care about scratched and dirty, fingerprint smeared lens, or missing anodization, but I think surefire needs to wake up and realise that there is a huge market of buyers out there just like us who don't find these things accceptable. That's why I'm not letting surefire slide on this one.

ebow86

Flashlight Enthusiast
Backup-1.jpg

Yeah your backup may have some spots of anodizing missing but I bet it didn't come from the factory that way. If it did you sure would be singing a different tune:)

Kestrel

Flashaholic

Cool comparision pic, a very understated way to make an excellent point.
Looks like you have a good user there. :thumbsup:

Yeah your backup may have some spots of anodizing missing but I bet it didn't come from the factory that way. If it did you sure would be singing a different tune:)
I think Energie's point here is that it doesn't matter, as his E1B actually gets used. :duh2:

If I was him I would probably be a little offended by your last comment - he may regard his lights differently than you do, and judging by his pic, I imagine that he does.

Last edited:

ebow86

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cool comparision pic, a very understated way to make an excellent point.
Looks like you have a good user there. :thumbsup:

I think Energie's point here is that it doesn't matter, as his E1B actually gets used. :duh2:

If I was him I would probably be a little offended by your last comment - he may regard his lights differently than you do, and judging by his pic, I imagine that he does.

Yeah I got what he was trying to say, but my point was a light of this price shouldn't come from the factory with anadozing defects. And I can't quite possibly comprehend how my comment might have offend him, as I was just kidding around, but if it did you have my apology, nothing was meant by it.

jp2515

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah I got what he was trying to say, but my point was a light of this price shouldn't come from the factory with anadozing defects. And I can't quite possibly comprehend how my comment might have offend him, as I was just kidding around, but if it did you have my apology, nothing was meant by it.

Annodizing defect, tell me something new. I recall many people complained about the natural HA not matching on their lights. Then again I recall seeing many Centurions, Aviators and the like being bought my members here. If you don't like it, there are plenty of other brands to choose from.

I ain't certainly complaining, (since many lights were bought used) but then again I don't have a nice display case to show off my lights...

ebow86

Flashlight Enthusiast
Annodizing defect, tell me something new. I recall many people complained about the natural HA not matching on their lights. Then again I recall seeing many Centurions, Aviators and the like being bought my members here. If you don't like it, there are plenty of other brands to choose from.

I ain't certainly complaining, (since many lights were bought used) but then again I don't have a nice display case to show off my lights...

Do you think surefire will always have these slight problems with their anodizing, like mismatching colors and such? Or do you think that someday those types of things will be a thing of the past? I would like to believe that surefire has had plenty enough time and experience to master the art of anodizing better than anyone else, you say if I don't like it there are plenty of other brands out there to choose from, what brands are those? Brands that have anodizing equal to or better than surefire? I having a hard time thinking of any.

Dan FO

Enlightened
Do you think surefire will always have these slight problems with their anodizing, like mismatching colors and such? Or do you think that someday those types of things will be a thing of the past? I would like to believe that surefire has had plenty enough time and experience to master the art of anodizing better than anyone else, you say if I don't like it there are plenty of other brands out there to choose from, what brands are those? Brands that have anodizing equal to or better than surefire? I having a hard time thinking of any.

Clearly one of those other brands would be better for you. Go for it. Go into a store next time and ask them to show you the lights and inspect before you buy.

Reaper

Enlightened
I live 15 minutes away from Surefire in Fountain Valley and if I had an issue with one of their lights not working, I'll just drop on over but I haven't had that problem yet. Kind of nice to be able to pick and choose over their lights but I just go for the batteries and drool over new lights I can't afford. For me it's just the old stand-by 6P and anything that will drop in it.

ztm

Banned
Clearly one of those other brands would be better for you. Go for it. Go into a store next time and ask them to show you the lights and inspect before you buy.

Yeah what brands? You seem more interested in making a point than giving information.

Also...there are no stores around where I live that have multiple brands of lights...some brands are not to be found in any store locally.

ebow86

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah what brands? You seem more interested in making a point than giving information.

Also...there are no stores around where I live that have multiple brands of lights...some brands are not to be found in any store locally.

Yeah in the rural area I live in there isn't squat to choose from, just the brick and mortar type stores. The only surefire's avialable in my area were the 6P's and G2's my local Lowes was selling, and I haven't seen any of them there in ages.

jp2515

Flashlight Enthusiast

Guess they don't have gun shows or electronics swapmeets in your area either. Seen several dealers selling Fenix, Olight and Solarforce at my local shows.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
I am not seeing a lot of purpose to this thread. Don't like the appearance of your SF, send it back. Never bought a SF for its cosmetic appeal, and don't plan to in the future. Even Don does not sell his lights for their purely cosmetic appeal. It is time for this thread to end.

Bill

jp2515

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am not seeing a lot of purpose to this thread. Don't like the appearance of your SF, send it back. Never bought a SF for its cosmetic appeal, and don't plan to in the future. Even Don does not sell his lights for their purely cosmetic appeal. It is time for this thread to end.

Bill

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love my E1B and Surefire but I think because your sending it back anyway just get a refund and spend that money on a HDS Ra Clicky 140 or 170. I really do love Surefire but the HDS is such a better light in that size.

jp2515

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love my E1B and Surefire but I think because your sending it back anyway just get a refund and spend that money on a HDS Ra Clicky 140 or 170. I really do love Surefire but the HDS is such a better light in that size.

If he has any issues, he can speak directly to the boss man, Henry! He is very responsive and is great person to talk to. How's that for great customer service? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.