KT1 w/ MN15 on a 9Z surefire

Novaflash

Newly Enlightened
I have used the search feature and could not find anyone saying that they have this set up or it will work. I really want a turbohead and I dont want to buy another flashlight to put it on. I know the beam will be squashed, but since the N2 is not available I will have to live with it.

Size15's

Flashaholic
Yep the KT1 & KT2 are designed for the standard body SureFires and the 9Z is one of those without a doubt!.

Make sure you order the black version of the TurboHead (-BK) (for example: KT1-BK)

sween1911

Flashlight Enthusiast
Having the KT1/2 head is a great option for 3-cell SF's.

Down the road, you could get an ARC Mania tower (lighthound has 'em) and rechargeables. You could get a single cell-extender (either a Surefire A19 or Lighthound detonator) and an M4 bulb and go to town with a 12ZM-ish light.

SunStar

Enlightened
I use that exact set-up and it is one of my favorite lights. I actually went with the 2-tone look mounting an HA KT1 coupled with an HA SW02 clickie with the stepped body of the black 9Z.

It's a very handy light without a lot of bulk. Also, if you prefer rechargeables, you can get 60 minutes of very flat output from the MN15 using 2 17500's. Add an A19 extender + 2 17670's and you get 90 minutes from the MN15 of almost regulated output.

It's a great set-up and I like the look too!

Novaflash

Newly Enlightened
I ordered a KT1 and and got an MN15 bulb for the 9Z, now I just have to wait. You guys have me wanting an A19 for that extra light and throw. I have to stop buying lights this makes four this month!!! Thanks for the replies.