Liteflux LF3 XT (Part II)

Watchguy

Newly Enlightened
Got mine ordered and can hardly wait till it gets here.:D

OOOh! and first to post in a new thread, always wanted to do that.:laughing:

Last edited:

h2oflyer

Enlightened
Wait till selfbuilt posts his review -- then you're going to see some real hot interest.

I like complicated lights -- longer play time untill the wanderlust begins.

Merry Christmas to All -- Walter

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I'm looking forward to selfbuilts' review, too. Not that I need his approval to feel good about my purchase after playing with it for a few weeks now. My good feelings haven't waned a bit. It's really tough to find something not to like. The LF3XT is as simple or as complicated as you want it to be.

Geoff

Watchguy

Newly Enlightened
Is there a way to know or find out what tint I have when I get my light, other than just looking at it. Although, I don't know if I could tell even then.:shrug::candle:

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
As far as I know there's really only one tint available, cool white, but not blue. I don't think Khoo or EliteLED is doing any sorting since what they are getting from the factory are all about the same. I believe Khoo said as much sometime back.

Geoff

B.T.W. Thanks for cleaning up these threads, DM51, and starting another. No thanks to me they'd gotten a bit ponderous. We appreciate it. Happy Holidays to you.

Last edited:

BabyDoc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm looking forward to selfbuilts' review, too. Not that I need his approval to feel good about my purchase after playing with it for a few weeks now. My good feelings haven't waned a bit. It's really tough to find something not to like. The LF3XT is as simple or as complicated as you want it to be.

Geoff

Well, I believe SelfBuilt bought the light himself. A few weeks ago I had asked him to consider reviewing it, and he said he might, out of personal interest only, since he hadn't been sent one for evaluation. If his review is favorable, and he spent his own money for the light, you can bet this will stimulate more interest in this light.

I am always a bit suspicious of a review of a light given to a reviewer for free. Can a reviewer look a gift horse in the mouth and write a negative review? I suppose, but a reviewer probably then criticises more gently where a reader may have to read between the lines to see what is really wrong with the product. Having said all this, I really believe SelfBuilt is above reproach, particularly since his reviews are so technical and backed up by good data, unlike my opinions.

BabyDoc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is there a way to know or find out what tint I have when I get my light, other than just looking at it. Although, I don't know if I could tell even then.:shrug::candle:

I don't know if I am seeing things, but since I have gotten my LF3XT, either I am just getting used to the tint, or the tint has become slightly warmer since I first got the light. Is there such a thing as an LED breaking in?

baterija

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine just arrived a little earlier. :twothumbs

Just a couple of minutes of playing with the CUI so far with programming later. Very impressive so far.

madi05

Enlightened
How long does the shipping take from Khoo?

darn im sry yours just arrived to me here in NC ,, i guess he mixed our addresses up, mwwwwaaaaaahhhhh:naughty:

i guess u will get mine that i orderred today, lmao

madi05

merry christmas to me , lol

merry christmas to u , im kidding

deranged_coder

Enlightened
Mine arrived yesterday. Overall, very nice quality light albeit some nitpicks about the somewhat sharp points on the tail and the noticeable delay when turning off the light. Also, that manual (at least, the English section) that came with the light really needs to be re-done so that the instructions are easier to comprehend. I know, I know, we can always ask around here at CPF but I wanted to mention it anyway as a definite area for improvement in the next version. None of those are deal breakers IMHO, though. I have no regrets whatsoever about getting it. :twothumbs :thumbsup: :grin2:

Just wanted to share a few size comparison shots to aid people who are considering getting the LF3 XT but are worried about how big / small it might be compared to other 1xCR123 powered lights.

LiteFlux LF3 XT and NiteCore EX10:
P1040430.jpg

P1040431.jpg

P1040432.jpg

LiteFlux LF3 XT and Fenix P2D:
P1040433.jpg

P1040434.jpg

P1040435.jpg

LiteFlux LF3 XT and Novatac 120P:
P1040436.jpg

P1040437.jpg

P1040438.jpg

LiteFlux LF3 XT and Surefire E1B Backup:
P1040439.jpg

P1040440.jpg

P1040441.jpg

BabyDoc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Deranged_coder, very nice and very useful comparison shots. I've had a few people PM me asking how the LF3XT compares in size to some of the lights you photographed. Your pictures are worth a 1000 of my words. Thanks!

Chewy

Newly Enlightened
I'm glad that Selfbuilt is going to be doing a review, and if I may, I'd love to see him add in the results to his CR123 roundup thread. It would just make it easier for me, rather than moving back and forth between two threads.

Hope you're listening, SB!

deranged_coder

Enlightened
Deranged_coder, very nice and very useful comparison shots. I've had a few people PM me asking how the LF3XT compares in size to some of the lights you photographed. Your pictures are worth a 1000 of my words. Thanks!

Glad to know I was able to provide some useful information to this thread. :thumbsup:

If someone wants comparison photos between the LF3 XT and any of my other lights (they're listed in my sig) let me know and I can post a few shots. :)

madi05

Enlightened
id like to see comparison shots for your brightest jetbeam against this one if u will, i own the military jetbeam and that would help me very much,, maybe a shot at throw and in a darkroom would be nice

thanks madi05

baterija

Flashlight Enthusiast
How long does the shipping take from Khoo?
It took a little less than 2 weeks when I got my 5XT from Khoo over the summer. My 3XT came from Eliteled though so I can't answer for it.

h2oflyer

Enlightened
divine

ordered mine Nov.30 -- shipped Dec. 1 -- got it Dec. 10

9 calendar days from Khoo. Got the tracking # same day.

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's Christmas !

I opened the LF3-XT, and was quite impressed. I can see what people were saying about the sharp edges on the tail. Reminds me of a JetBeam I had where the split-ring notch had a very sharp edge.

Well my LF3-XT does not have any sharp edges any more... took the Dremel to it, followed by the Sharpie. I guess I have to keep it now.

My one surprise is I liked the CUI a lot more than I thought I would. Truely this is what the D10/EX10 should have been. A logical, consistent interface that allows easy ramping. Hats off to LiteFlux for listening and implementing a nice flexible interface. Love that you can ramp from Min/Max without memory, or ramp from user-mode to mem... perfect solution because generally I hate auto-memory.

I found the switch response pretty good. I didn't think the control worked too well in CUI with momentary enabled, that's the nature of the beast but HDS/NT interface seems to handle it better.

Well that's all the playing I had time for. I like it! :thumbsup:

LiteFlux - 1. fix the sharp edges. 2. provide a removable clip. 3. AA version with CUI. 4. Release the 2AA tube for LF3. 5. Mucho dollars in your bank account.

:party::party::party:

kaichu dento

Flashaholic

LiteFlux - 1. fix the sharp edges. 2. provide a removable clip. 3. AA version with CUI. 4. Release the 2AA tube for LF3. 5. Mucho dollars in your bank account.
I agree on 1, 2, 3 and give it a Q3 5A.

One more time:
1) Smooth off sharp corners
2) AA version (not the more complex LF5XT shape)
3) Q3 5A emitter
4) Removable clip

You guys do this and you will displace the D10's incredible popularity in short order! :thumbsup: