Liteflux LF3 XT (Part II)

deranged_coder

Enlightened
id like to see comparison shots for your brightest jetbeam against this one if u will, i own the military jetbeam and that would help me very much,, maybe a shot at throw and in a darkroom would be nice

thanks madi05

Best I can manage is an indoor beamshot of the LiteFlux LF3 XT (L) vs. JetBeam Jet-II I.B.S. (R):

LF3XTLvsJet-IIIBSR.jpg

Using just my eyes and a ceiling bounce test (I don't have any measuring equipment) The LF3 XT on high is about the same output as the Novatac 120P on high, the Nitecore EX10 on high and the Fenix P2D-CE on high. This would put it at around the 120 ~ 130 lumen range. the JetBeam Jet-II I.B.S. on high is noticeably brighter (JetBeam claims ~225 lumens on high) and I believe the larger reflector on the Jet-II would make it throw much further than the LF3 XT.

Sorry, I can't do much in terms of outdoor beamshots. For one, I have a very basic point and shoot digital camera where I cannot lock in aperture / shutter speed settings so I can only manage side-by-side beamshots. Also, the area I live in is a fairly well lit area at night which is great for the general public but sucks for the flashaholic who wants to do outdoor beamshots. :shrug:

madi05

Enlightened
wow , that was great and lets me know what to expect when mine arrives:D , looks like i will be happy , just want something to light up the room in candle mode basically ,, i knew the jetbeam would be brighter is why i asked , but its not by a whole whole lot from what i see, maybe if i was looking for something in the woods but not in the house, lol looks to be one of the brighter smaller edc , huh?

thanks
madi05

Best I can manage is an indoor beamshot of the LiteFlux LF3 XT (L) vs. JetBeam Jet-II I.B.S. (R):

LF3XTLvsJet-IIIBSR.jpg

Using just my eyes and a ceiling bounce test (I don't have any measuring equipment) The LF3 XT on high is about the same output as the Novatac 120P on high, the Nitecore EX10 on high and the Fenix P2D-CE on high. This would put it at around the 120 ~ 130 lumen range. the JetBeam Jet-II I.B.S. on high is noticeably brighter (JetBeam claims ~225 lumens on high) and I believe the larger reflector on the Jet-II would make it throw much further than the LF3 XT.

Sorry, I can't do much in terms of outdoor beamshots. For one, I have a very basic point and shoot digital camera where I cannot lock in aperture / shutter speed settings so I can only manage side-by-side beamshots. Also, the area I live in is a fairly well lit area at night which is great for the general public but sucks for the flashaholic who wants to do outdoor beamshots. :shrug:

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree on 1, 2, 3 and give it a Q3 5A.

One more time:
1) Smooth off sharp corners
2) AA version (not the more complex LF5XT shape)
3) Q3 5A emitter
4) Removable clip

You guys do this and you will displace the D10's incredible popularity in short order! :thumbsup:

Right! I forgot #3, they do need to have a Q3-5A option! I love 5A for many EDC tasks. I don't need the 2AA tube option personally, but I list it so they can have a more complete lineup and I think many would like the 2AA option which is good for an EDC that sees heavy use as part of a job.

Well right now this should put a dent in EX10 sales, but I'm not sure they have the marketing push to do serious damage. A Q3-5A option might help as well. Lets see if they come out with an AA version to go head to head with the D10 as well.

However, no more lights for me for a while. I have updated my collection and now it is time for a break. I just have the Zebra H60 in the mail and I may get some of the warm Malkoff dropins, but other than that it's really time for a break. Hopefully when I'm ready for more the Ra Clicky production will be running smooth. Maybe they'll be offering a nice warm-tint led option. Then maybe a nice MC-E or P7 light.

I have to find somethings to go on B/S/T and recharge the paypal account.

madi05

Enlightened
HI, if u get time can u do the same light comparison on your e1b ,, and a pic of them against eachother like u did the jetbeam?

thanks alot i cant wait to get mine , but i may pick me up a e1b if it is alot brighter than this one, lol

im addicted , oh nooooo

madi05

deranged_coder

Enlightened
Will try to do a side-by-side beamshot of the LF3 XT and E1B tomorrow night. I will say that using my imprecise ceiling bounce test and relying on my eyes, the E1B on high seems marginally, albeit perceptibly brighter.

Meanwhile, here are some more size comparison photos.

LiteFlux LF3 XT(L) and JetBeam Jet-II I.B.S.(R):
P1040523.jpg

P1040524.jpg

P1040525.jpg

LiteFlux LF3 XT(L) and EagleTac T10C(R):
P1040526.jpg

P1040527.jpg

P1040528.jpg

OrlandoLights

Newly Enlightened
Finally got mine on Christmas eve. Is this the perfect UI? I have been reading this thread, but still wasn't prepared for how great this light is to actually use. It's well-made and has a beautiful beam. The threads seemed a little gritty, but after cleaning and lubing with Deoxit red and gold and using the included silicon on the o-ring, it now turns smoothly. And it fits nicely in the Concealco holster that had carried my L1D. Couldn't be happier with this light.

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wouldn't say perfect UI, but NovaTac finally has some competition, it's lower priced, and it's smaller. They just need a clip... and that seems to be a challenge. I'm guessing the tube is too thin to tap for screws. Although they may be able to tap the tail cross section. That would not help existing owners though.

hogger1

Newly Enlightened
Does the zebralight pocket clip hold the light securely? If so I was thinking about ordering one from zebra. Fairly reasonable @ 2.50 + 5.00 usd.

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast
They just need a clip... and that seems to be a challenge. I'm guessing the tube is too thin to tap for screws. Although they may be able to tap the tail cross section. That would not help existing owners though.

I'm guessing the clip will eventually be a thick wire that uses the circumferential indentation near the tail, and it will look kinda like the SF U2 clip.

divine

Flashlight Enthusiast
darn im sry yours just arrived to me here in NC ,, i guess he mixed our addresses up, mwwwwaaaaaahhhhh:naughty:

i guess u will get mine that i orderred today, lmao

madi05

merry christmas to me , lol

merry christmas to u , im kidding
:mecry:

:)
Ordered mine on the 16th, received it on the 22nd: 6 days from Malaysia to Sweden, not bad.:D
I saw your sent and received posts in the thread.

I had to go back another page to see someone in the United States, it looks like it takes about a week to go most places other than the United States... and about two weeks to get to the United States. :popcorn:

If someone missed it, the LF3XT's are now available with a Q5 in WH tint. :D

madi05

Enlightened
Hi, thanks alot for the beam shots, i hope i get the tint u get, it looks not cool and not too warm imo i think the e1b is good but a bit sharp for maybe spotlighting something , at a distance more so it appears that the lf3xt is more for the best of both worlds so to speak , some spot but blends into the spill , which his more usable and better on the eyes imo

i asked for them to check my tint and no blue purple when i ordered and they said they would , only time will tell, lol

madi05

deranged_coder

Enlightened
Hi, thanks alot for the beam shots, i hope i get the tint u get, it looks not cool and not too warm imo i think the e1b is good but a bit sharp for maybe spotlighting something , at a distance more so it appears that the lf3xt is more for the best of both worlds so to speak , some spot but blends into the spill , which his more usable and better on the eyes imo

Yup, I think the E1B has more of a hotspot than the LF3 XT does. IMHO If I need throw I think the E1B delivers better than the LF3 XT but if I want a more floody beam then the LF3 XT does the job better.

YMMV, though. You can always follow the CPF mantra and "buy 'em both". Either one could be easily re-sold on the CPF MarketPlace later. :)

madi05

Enlightened
well i have a couple of throwers for sure but in the house they dont light up a room as well to me , it lights up a corner or a hall ok , but that is why i chose the lf3xt , to light up a room in candle mode , do u think it is good for that purpose?

madi05

madi05

Enlightened
well since u are at it, how about some beam shots between the ex10 and lf3xt and also the d10 , they seem to be more compatable to the size , lol

madi05

BabyDoc

Flashlight Enthusiast
well i have a couple of throwers for sure but in the house they dont light up a room as well to me , it lights up a corner or a hall ok , but that is why i chose the lf3xt , to light up a room in candle mode , do u think it is good for that purpose?

madi05

I think most lights that tailstand will be suitable for illuminating a room. Even "throwers" like my Husky 2D, work well in candle mode, since you are bouncing the beam off a ceiling, and minimizing the differences between OP reflectors and smooth ones.

madi05

Enlightened
well babydoc u are a swell person, and u are the kind of friend no one needs, lmao u have opened my eyes and my wallet to flashlights , so i think liteflux should send u a fee , lol

madi05

BabyDoc

Flashlight Enthusiast
well babydoc u are a swell person, and u are the kind of friend no one needs, lmao u have opened my eyes and my wallet to flashlights , so i think liteflux should send u a fee , lol

madi05

Hey Joe, buddy, I sure hope you are kidding. :grin2: As a friend, I've tried to tell you don't need half the lights you want. The trouble is the other half is just too big. Hence, your wallet is probably nearly running on empty. Still, I hope you enjoy the LiteFlux, empty wallet or not. If nothing else, the LF3XT will hold your attention for quite a while delaying your need for the next light "fix".