Liteflux LF3 XT (Part II)

Budman231

Enlightened
That Novatac is a monster ! It a cool light but makes the LF3XT and EX10 look small and they really aren't. So glad I waited on getting a 120P even though its a great light and all. Just to big for the front pocket IMHO.

madi05

Enlightened
Hey Joe, buddy, I sure hope you are kidding. :grin2: As a friend, I've tried to tell you don't need half the lights you want. The trouble is the other half is just too big. Hence, your wallet is probably nearly running on empty. Still, I hope you enjoy the LiteFlux, empty wallet or not. If nothing else, the LF3XT will hold your attention for quite a while delaying your need for the next light "fix".

LOL< so what is next ? what have u bought lately that i just got a have, lol:poke:

madi05

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Hey madi05. After you master your LF3XT try a Photon ReX. Almost as high on the complicated gadget scale. And, only about $20.

Geoff

BabyDoc

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL< so what is next ? what have u bought lately that i just got a have, lol:poke:

madi05

Well, I did get an Olight Titanium Infinitum, but guess what. They are sold out; so you CAN'T have one!:poke:. Thank me for saving you some money on this one.

hogger1

Newly Enlightened
Help!!! I just got my lf3 xt managed to get it stuck in momentary on and cant get back to basic operations.:confused:

madi05

Enlightened
Well, I did get an Olight Titanium Infinitum, but guess what. They are sold out; so you CAN'T have one!:poke:. Thank me for saving you some money on this one.

u told me u bought that one for me ,, u indian giver, lol :whistle::broke:

madi05

but my lf3xt is prettier than yours , mine still didnt arriver yet, arrrrgghhh

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Maybe it's time to try a total reset to factory default. I've not done it before, but I suppose that should clear things up.

Good luck, hogger.

Geoff

hogger1

Newly Enlightened
ok the 4 c and remove batt and reinstall did the trick. now back to learning this ui.

Gatsby

Enlightened
Thanks for the comparison size pics! I'm slightly disappointed it isn't any smaller than the Novatac than it is ... about the same length although thinner which may make a difference in the pocket (as the only issue I have with the Novatac is the size - somewhat large for a CR123 based light).

The question is whether it brings enough new to the table to not be as concerned about the size.

Boy I wish they'd reintroduce the LF5 but with this LF3XT form factor...

hogger1

Newly Enlightened
it still does something strange, when i tap to power up it does a single flash goes off and then back on constant light.:thinking:

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
That's how it's supposed to work when you are in momentary. If you hold for more than a tap it stays on as long as you hold the button down. I think I know the problem. The light must be on before you do the 4xC to go out of (or into) momentary. You should see a double flash to tell you the change has been made.

Geoff

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine arrived yesterday. Overall, very nice quality light albeit some nitpicks about the somewhat sharp points on the tail and the noticeable delay when turning off the light. Also, that manual (at least, the English section) that came with the light really needs to be re-done so that the instructions are easier to comprehend. I know, I know, we can always ask around here at CPF but I wanted to mention it anyway as a definite area for improvement in the next version. None of those are deal breakers IMHO, though. I have no regrets whatsoever about getting it. :twothumbs :thumbsup: :grin2:

Well some CPF member - uhhh :thinking: I think it was matrixshaman did just that with the manual and took a little help from BabyDoc too for some nice tips added on to the manual to even further clarify some procedures :D Moified LF3XT manual here

BTW - I hope any newer members here know your beam shot comparisons are putting the LF3XT up against a couple of the strongest throwers in the single CR123 cell class. In fact selfbuilt's review of this class of light found the Jetbeam II IBS the single most powerful light made I believe -- in terms of Lux unless something new has come along but I think it's still the king of Lux output or throw for a single CR123/RCR123 light (it was the first Jetbeam I was really impressed with after owning 3 older models and swearing I was done with Jetbeams). It's comparable to some of the most popular pocket lights in terms of throw but has more bells and whistles (if you want them or not if you don't) than just about anything else around right now.

Last edited:

hogger1

Newly Enlightened
im stuck again..this is driving me crazy. now i am in a momentary strobe mode. i have tried all of the reset combos but no luck. man! i think i am in way over my head with this ui. i just want to get back to cui for now. any ideas?

baterija

Flashlight Enthusiast
im stuck again..this is driving me crazy. now i am in a momentary strobe mode. i have tried all of the reset combos but no luck. man! i think i am in way over my head with this ui. i just want to get back to cui for now. any ideas?

- Turn the light on with a quick single click, light will flash on the initial press but should come on and stay on after you release. If not repeat till it does.
- Once it's on give it 4 clicks. If you execute them correctly the light will blink twice.
- Turn off and check to see if you aren't in momentary.

It also sounds like you are in the FUI (since you are in strobe). Not sure if you meant to go there or not. Aside from turning momentary on and off, programming, or changing between FUI/CUI the most complicated click sequence you should be looking at is C-PH or 2C. If you find yourself clicking more than that and you don't have a plan on exactly where you are going...you are probably going to get lost.

deranged_coder

Enlightened
well since u are at it, how about some beam shots between the ex10 and lf3xt and also the d10 , they seem to be more compatable to the size , lol

madi05

LiteFlux LF3 XT (L) and NiteCore EX10 (R):
LiteFluxLF3XTLvsNiteCoreEX10R.jpg

madi05

Enlightened
wow thanks again, it appears to me and correct me if im wrong, they are about the same brightness but the lf is smoother and warmer just a hair,, ? i mean i see the rings in the ex10 correct?

madi05

deranged_coder

Enlightened
wow thanks again, it appears to me and correct me if im wrong, they are about the same brightness but the lf is smoother and warmer just a hair,, ? i mean i see the rings in the ex10 correct?

madi05

Correct, in my informal ceiling bounce test it seems to my eyes that my LiteFlux LF3 XT and my NiteCore EX10 put out about the same amount of light but when comparing them side-by-side on a white wall the beam of my LF3 XT has a slightly warmer tint and the transition from spot to spill seems smoother compared to my EX10. :)

Of course, please bear in mind that I only have one sample of each light so strictly speaking, it is not a very valid statistical comparison. :crackup: :grin2: :poke: ;)