New flashlight of LiteFlux -- LF2

Mike abcd

Enlightened
Lobo said:
Nope, it's a twistie, he's just using the thread play on the twistie on that clip.

It's pretty sad when thread play becomes a "feature"...

Mike

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
srvctec said:
My LF1 has been my EDC for several months now. ... I use it every single day, and the reason it's remained my EDC for so long is because of the normal clickie and high/low levels. I personally can't wait for the LF2 Cree!
I agree. I'm an incan man at heart; I bought the LF1 for my college daughter. But she doesn't use it, so I decided, what the heck, I'll keep it on my keychain. The momentary positive-clickie puts it in a class by itself; the 2-stage operation is icing on the cake. All I could ask for is a 1xAAA version. Soon I can get one...and a Cree, at that!

Oh--don't tell my buddies from the Incandescents forum that I was here...

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
gunga said:
I like AA, but AAA is the perfect EDC size if you're trying to be discrete. It seems, not EVERYBODY thinks it's cool to carry a flashlight around...
:poke:
My 2x168A Wolf Eyes Sniper with Surefire P91 lives in my back pocket. My 1xAA LF1 lives on my keychain but the LF1 is so big that it's not teasy to remove the keychain from my front trouser pocket.

MikieHead

Newly Enlightened
I received an email from Lin Sheng-Cheng saying that after Chinese New Year they were busy working on the Firmware (which is finished now), and that the details will be available on the website shortly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The estimated price should be $55, shipped!!!!!!

Now I can't wait for the details!!!!!!!

aceo07

Enlightened
$55 shipped. This is really hitting my limit. I was willing to reluctantly pay $10 more than the L0D-CE assuming the build, ui, tint, output, runtimes are all better.

gunga

Flashaholic
I agree. I didn't want to spend $40-44 for the LOD-CE, but it seems bright enough to make it worth it.

The LF2 is nice, but the UI could be abit of a pain, the diffuser, while very nice and cool, will not get much use on an EDC.

$55 seems to be too much at this point.

adnj

Enlightened
Hmm. With the Jet Beam CL-E (or whatever) going for $29 (although AA powered) I feel like I have to pass on this one.

aceo07

Enlightened
adnj said:
Hmm. With the Jet Beam CL-E (or whatever) going for $29 (although AA powered) I feel like I have to pass on this one.

I wish they came out with a AAA version. That is the only size I don't have.

With most of the companies now offering the new UI with all the different modes, it should no longer come at a premium. I certainly hope the prices come down by summer.

I am willing to pay premium for something that is truly top of the line and has unique features. For example, my HDS U60, it's thermal regulated, near perfect power regulated for 1 CR123 or 1 RCR123 or 2 CR123 and etc, lumen regulated, great UI, great output and excellent construction. It come at a high price and I thought it was worth it for all that I got. It is also easy to upgrade. I gave it some seoul and now it's blazing bright. :)

I can understand that they want to make some more profit to cover research and manufacturing changes. I really hope the prices will go down this year.

adnj

Enlightened
True democracy is voting with your dollar (or pound, yen, lira, whatever)!!

LG&M

Enlightened
I have been holding off on a new AAA light until more info about this light was released. $55 seams a little much when the next "Got to have "light is probably right around thr corner.
awman.gif

srvctec

Flashlight Enthusiast
Phaserburn said:
I have an LF1, too. Great light. I am contemplating modding it to a SSC.

Did mine last weekend- absolutely love the output of the SSC on Li-ion. It's the brightest, whitest LED single AA light I own now (I have a Flupic modded Fenix L1P w/3W Lux, stock L1P and the JetBeam 1st run).

I may have to pass on the LF2- price is a little high for a single AAA light- I was expecting around the $40 range.

Raptor#

Newly Enlightened
55 bucks... Hmmm. I don't know. I'm still very tempted. Will wait what first reviews have to say. :)
Lets not forget, this thing also might be a good modding candidate when better leds come available.

NetKidz

Enlightened
MikieHead said:
I received an email from Lin Sheng-Cheng saying that after Chinese New Year they were busy working on the Firmware (which is finished now)

They fixed the voltage compensation when using 10440 li-ion battery, and it's should be 2.5W with more stable output now. The also fixed some minor mechanical problems.

Mine was sent back for the new firmware. I'll re-do the runtime of 10440 after I get the updated version. :)

MikieHead

Newly Enlightened
NetKidz said:
They fixed the voltage compensation when using 10440 li-ion battery, and it's should be 2.5W with more stable output now. The also fixed some minor mechanical problems.

Mine was sent back for the new firmware. I'll re-do the runtime of 10440 after I get the updated version. :)

SO, the million (or in this case $55) dollar question, was it brighter than an LOD-CE ???????????????

At $55 vs. $42, and 7MM longer, it needs to be BETTER than the LOD-CE. So, what did you think???

NetKidz

Enlightened
MikieHead said:
SO, the million (or in this case $55) dollar question, was it brighter than an LOD-CE ???????????????

At $55 vs. $42, and 7MM longer, it needs to be BETTER than the LOD-CE. So, what did you think???
Sorry, I don't have L0D CE to compare with.......

I didn't use or test the L0D CE, couldn't make comments on it. I prefer LF2 for the user definable two level output and the bettery overdischarge protection. :)

HarveyRich

Enlightened
I have an LOD-CE and I really like it. The only, "limitation" if you ask me, is that it doesn't take Li-Ion 10440s. However, it generates a nice amount of light on high and the UI is reasonably simple, even if some prefer a clickie to a twistie.

I'm surprised that no one has commented on the complexity of the UI here. My only "problem" with what I've seen about this light is the UI complexity. One of the big issues in consumer electronics is making the UI of any piece of electronics user friendly. That's why some people never use the more advanced features of cell phones or can't program their DVD players.

This UI might be OK for the most hard-core users, but to the rest of the world it will be way too complicated. Can you imagine putting it down for a month and then having to read the manual just to get back into play with it? Many folks on this board have multiple flashlights--probably most. I can easily see not using this for a while and then trying figure out how to program it again. There just seem to be too many forward/back combinations. Now if there were a way to program it once or set it once for a simplfied set of operations, then it would be great since it could be complex or simple depending upon what you want it for.

Latest posts