New Terralux triple XP-G Drop-in for Magcharger

budynabuick

Enlightened
I just got the new Terralux 1000 lumen triple XPG for my 4D Mag, and I am VERY pleased. I'm picky when it comes to this stuff too, quite a snob... I ran it next to my Malkoff Wildcat (also a triple XPG), and the beam was just as smooth, just as white. The difference was that the Malkoff has basically no hotspot, and the Terralux Mag has a relatively large, very smooth transitioned hotspot. So its got a little more reach than the Malkoff. It appears brighter too, but that may be a result of the hotspot.

Great. I have a couple old mags with a good bit of sentimental worth I plan on doing this with but I must wait for the dust to settle from this latest buying spree HEHE. It wont be long. wink-wink nudge-nudge

bruintennis

Newly Enlightened
I just got the new Terralux 1000 lumen triple XPG for my 4D Mag, and I am VERY pleased. I'm picky when it comes to this stuff too, quite a snob... I ran it next to my Malkoff Wildcat (also a triple XPG), and the beam was just as smooth, just as white. The difference was that the Malkoff has basically no hotspot, and the Terralux Mag has a relatively large, very smooth transitioned hotspot. So its got a little more reach than the Malkoff. It appears brighter too, but that may be a result of the hotspot.

Can you please post a beam shot of both?

Chrisdm

Enlightened
Can you please post a beam shot of both?

Sorry, I don't do beamshots, but I believe I described them pretty good. Nearly as smooth as a Wildcat but with a little tighter hotspot. Impressive for the Terralux to even be in the same discussion :)

bruintennis

Newly Enlightened
How would the Terralux TLE-310M EX compare to the Fenix TK-41? If I were to buy one of these two, which would be better (throw, runtime, overall)? Thanks.

Stephen Wallace

Enlightened
I don't know this for a fact, but I would suspect that the electronics of the two modules are the same (I believe that this was the case with earlier versions of this module) and that it is only the connection method that is different. As such, I wouldn't expect seven NiMH cells to be an issue.