NovaTac EDC T and E Models CRACKED! Back Door/Easter egg found!

jayb79

Newly Enlightened
Here is the original post that got the reprogramming bug started. Henry got it going himself with a challenge in post #8.

bansuri

Enlightened
Works like a charm, but I want to stress that you should read the "P" manual first and understand the time limit when you get in to the options mode or you'll be clicking 250 again.
Also, the difference between battery-detect-reset and factory-reset are very subtle, memorizing the differences ahead of time will save you the additional clicking.
And, to beat a dead horse, if you disable ramping/options you'll need to click250 again, however it's not a bad thing if you get your settings dialed in and want to keep them that way.
Nice little light.

Helmut.G

Enlightened
I just did this to my new 85T.
The lowest setting looks very nice :twothumbs
Thank you for this cool thread!

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Will this mod also work on the Novatac/SPA Defense SPL120 AWKL WeaponLight?

thanks!

Never heard of that model but I'd bet money it's just a special label someone put on the standard 120T. So YES I'd say there's an extremely good chance it will work as Novatac so far has only had models that are either a P or T or E and the E and T can both be turned into the P (programmable model) with this Crack.

troller_cpf

Enlightened
Thanks.
Another questio: :)

how can you perform the factory reset to go back to the standard settings?

thanks!

Daniel_sk

Flashlight Enthusiast
I tried this at least 4 times and still no success, my fingers hurt :(. My 120E will start flashing too soon, it seems I have to click 250 times without a 0.5 second delay... I will try it once more but I am afraid of breaking the tailcap.

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Daniel_SK, did you ever get this? If you've read this thread you'll probably have seen the best technique I found was setting it bezel down on a table and positioning yourself comfortably.

Bumping this thread to include the new Novatac Storm and probably all the other new models. I'll try to post others as they get reported.

Fichtenelch

Enlightened
I tried this at least 4 times and still no success, my fingers hurt :(. My 120E will start flashing too soon, it seems I have to click 250 times without a 0.5 second delay... I will try it once more but I am afraid of breaking the tailcap.

I'm also trying and trying and all the time again, before reaching 100 clicks my arm falls off^^

Does anyone know where to get a flush switch for my olive 120e with intl shipping? No 50$ shipping pls^^ ;-) Already found 1 site, but 16.95 for the switch and over 30 bucks for shipping isn't senseful in my eyes...

AILL

Newly Enlightened

rtryland

Newly Enlightened
I can confirm this still works on newer 120Ts... Mine is less than 3 months old and this crack although slightly irritating until you get the hang of it is effective.

The key in my experience was ONCE you've made the clicks and the light starts flashing and you press HOLD to get a slow beacon flash indicating the first option mode, you must click about once every 2-5 seconds to cycle through the modes.

I experienced if you click to slowly you get the 6 error flashes and have to start all over and the same was true if you clicked to fast. As mentioned in an earlier post, if at first you don't succeed... Take a break. Getting frustrated like I did for 3-4 hours doesn't help at all.

I put it down over night and picked it up this morning and presto second try.

Outstanding Discovery!!! Thanks again!

RTRYLAND

e-ville

Newly Enlightened
i searched and can not find a list of the options and what exactly every mode and option does or how to select and program them. but i was playing with my light anyways and screwed it all up lol. i only had a strobe and a low mod for a while, thank god for the reset its back to normal now but does anyone have a list or a link to a list of all these options and programming procedures?

EDIT: sorry, i finally found it

Last edited:

flashlight nut

Enlightened
Hello everyone. New to the forum but immediately found it useful since I have just purchased the Novatac 120T. After a couple of tries I was able to complete the crack. Awesome. I was just wondering if this will work on the 120M since this model comes preprogrammed with only 2 light settings plus the strobe. Thanks.

flashlight nut

Enlightened
Thanks Rich. Very nice thread w/ pics. The more I read about these Novatacs I know I've made the right decision. I've read alot about the Ra's but I really prefer bezel down carry and like the shorter length, even though it is only less than 1/2 inch. This forum is great. I have already spent hours just browsing and learning.

Paul

merlocka

Enlightened
Just picked up the 85T on sale at Lighthound for $59, worked like a charm.

Was originally going to drop a K2 right into this one, but I like it's tint better than my old one. So I guess my old one is getting the K2.

One thing I notice with the new 3xxxx series light (compared to my 1xxxx), click->hold to lock the light to the "Maximum" setting is a little flakey. Sometimes it locks, sometimes not. Might be that I'm just used to a "worn-in" button on my 1xxxx, but it happens alot. Just thought I'd mention.