Paypal locked my account - why? This is why

Lightmeup

Enlightened
nerdtoy said:
Read the agreement, paypal reserves the right to access YOUR BANK ACCOUNT FOR FIVE YEARS after you close your account. They have more power and fall under the same runes as the IRS, you cant fight them and everythign is on you. They are not required to prove or do anything.
Yes, this is why you should always set up your Paypal with access to a bank account that you have specifically opened only for Paypal use. That way you can transfer your Paypal balance into that bank account, then withdraw or transfer the funds from there to another bank account which is safe from a Paypal raid.

Alin10123

Flashlight Enthusiast
I feel for you. They once locked up my account too with over $3000 in there and when i called them they didn't give me a reason, nor did they allow me to speak with a supervisor. In the end i did get everything reopened again.

Then... about a year later i got a letter in the mail saying that paypal is being sued with a class action lawsuit for freezing up people's money and not even allowing people to speak with a supervisor.

nerdtoy

Newly Enlightened
Now they want my pay check stubs, I have NONE I am unemployed and work for my wife for free because WE NAVE NO MONEY and they want our social security cards - washed away in Katrina with the State Building as well.. So what now. I am about to show up on their door step!

nerdtoy

Newly Enlightened
You know the more I think about this the more angry and militant I get. They single handed destroyed my life and my family, closed my Wife's business literally, she is closing it down today. Somebody at paypal is going to pay my family what money we have earned honestly.

I have tried being NICE and POLITE - I have tried calling every day, all I get is more and more BS asking for more information whchi now cant be given because we just do not have it. What do I do now.

I have no life left, what is the reason to even keep going at this point!

Jumpmaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Please reread my post above. Did you go to the websites? Have you contacted the state attorney general?

That is what you need to do. PayPal will not help you recover your money from them (obviously). The attorney general of LA can.

JM-99

PEU

Flashlight Enthusiast
insist on speaking with a supervisor, if you have to ask 10 times in a row just do it, the operators will take you nowhere, be polite but firm. I solved my paypal freeze only when I spoke to one.

Pablo

nerdtoy

Newly Enlightened
I am speaking to a supervisor right now after faxing them 15 pages of personal information including my medical records and pictures with the president of the united states and other stuff..

I just sent the whole lot of everything so they cant ask for anything else and this way i have a case with the AG in Louisiana which I planing on calling right after I get off hold with paypal.

I am taking this further then the AG in Louisiana too, I am taking it all the way to the top.

Jumpmaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
nerdtoy said:
I just sent the whole lot of everything so they cant ask for anything else and this way i have a case with the AG in Louisiana which I planing on calling right after I get off hold with paypal.

I am taking this further then the AG in Louisiana too, I am taking it all the way to the top.

Yes, exactly. That is good. It is best to follow the "chain of command" this way...if the LA Attorney General will not proceed, take it further. But that's the place to start.

Good luck.

JM-99

nerdtoy

Newly Enlightened
Now they say they cant read the social security cards because they were FLOODED.. Give me a break! How many of you have had to jump through the hoops I am jumping through. This is an every day all day call fax, call fax, call fac ordeal. They have every piece of information about me and my wife including my Department of Homeland Security ID which I do not get PAID for but volunteer my time in the event of a disaster or emergency. I even sent them a photo of myself and my wife with the President of the United States. Now they are asking for me to fax them a tax return !!!:xyxgun:

PEU

Flashlight Enthusiast
after the photo I understand why they are suspecting of you :)

A joke from time to time helps :)

Jokes apart, send them what they want, sooner or later they will stop asking and remove the freeze, you can't order a new SSN card? (sorry my ignorance but I dont live in USA) here you can order and get issuef a new ID in the same day if needed.

Good luck!

Pablo

David_Campen

Enlightened
Jokes apart, send them what they want, sooner or later they will stop asking and remove the freeze,
According to the PayPalSucks web site; asking for more information ad infinitum is a standard tactic to make you go away and will not necessarily result in removing the freeze. Paypal has already used the technique of claiming some of the documents were unreadable; according to PayPalSucks a technique to be employed soon here will be to start losing documments or claiming that they were never received.

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast
PEU,

I was never able to get my account unfrozen, regardless of who I talked to, manager or not.

They did let me refund everyones money, at least, so there was no money in limbo.

To this day, now more than a year later, they refuse to allow me to open an account. I continue to receive, from time to time, PayPal resolution notifications saying to contact them about a problem with one of my customers. When I do, they tell me it was computer generated, and there is no complaint. When I ask how the computer generates an email with no complaint, they tell me there is a glitch in the system.

When I point out that there was NEVER a complaint, they basically sound like they are shrugging their shoulders and saying, "Oh Well!".

Bill

nerdtoy

Newly Enlightened
:goodjob: THEY LIFTED MY RESTRICTIONS!!!

AFTER I sent them a complete book, all in all about 40 pages of information including my tax returns and unemployment rejection forms. Yes I was rejected for unemployment being private contractor pre-katrina, no soup for me..

THANKS EVERYONE for your support, about 10,000 pounds of pressure is lifted from me , now if we can financially meet the next goal and get this new light order in we are doing good. I was able to transfer money to my bank so we can pay some bills thankfully.

I just might remain online after all. Thats what I was most afraid of next to losing my truck and not being able to support my family, going offline cuts me off from any work at all.

Paypal almost ended my life with that stupid move they pulled.

Coop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tilburg, the Netherlands (perfectly reachable by U
Congrats!!
woot.gif

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
nerdtoy said:
:goodjob: THEY LIFTED MY RESTRICTIONS!!!

AFTER I sent them a complete book, all in all about 40 pages of information including my tax returns and unemployment rejection forms. Yes I was rejected for unemployment being private contractor pre-katrina, no soup for me..

THANKS EVERYONE for your support, about 10,000 pounds of pressure is lifted from me , now if we can financially meet the next goal and get this new light order in we are doing good. I was able to transfer money to my bank so we can pay some bills thankfully.

I just might remain online after all. Thats what I was most afraid of next to losing my truck and not being able to support my family, going offline cuts me off from any work at all.

Paypal almost ended my life with that stupid move they pulled.

WAY TO GO!!!! :D :D !! :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

If you do continue to use them, I recommend having a backup plan (as many here have mentioned). Sometimes the good old fashioned bank account works great too.. or a couple of bank accounts where you can take the cash out and keep it.

nerdtoy

Newly Enlightened
:whistle:
I bugged the daylights out of them, kept sending fazes of information they asked for and even included stuff they didnt ask for, one fax was 15 pages long. Honestly with the way my luck has been going I figured it was a loss and about to give up but everyone kept pushing me to keep going so..:grin2:

Hey I know the picture was not a everybody popular thing but I wanted them to know I have friends and some of them are in good places. NEVER EVER burn a favor for something like paypal but you can use the assests you have rather burning favors. The one thing they kept taking seriously after a while was our situation with the flooded inentifying information and they said there wasa note in our file that we were Katrina victims, usually people run when you say that but they finally were able to get it through their thick skulls that they had everything they were going to get from me and they realized I would not stop calling them. I also obtained a list of all their internal phone numbers they have and names to go with them - I started leaving voice mails with them ALL and when someone would answer the phone and tell me thrir first name I would look down the list and tell them their last name. they tell me it is against POLICY to give out their last names to anyone, its a privacy thing!! (MUCH VULGAR LANGUAGE BEING SAID RIGHT NOW) They now know everything there is to know about me not that its bad but they have a "file" on everyone and their mission is to continue to BUILD the database without a doubt.

At a point I became very suicidal and I told them this and also told them I would leave the note mentioning their part in my brain matter being on a wall. I think what finally gave was this girl who gave me her direct fax and she would pump the information right into the people who made the decisions so I kept faxing her and talking to her.

Make NO MISTAKES - PAYPAL IS EVIL and they would be the first to cooperate with the feds in a information gathering / information collection scheme, I would not be one bit surprised if they already are in bed with the feds because the feds do not enforce anything or do anything when you complain.

I managed to move the funds into my bank account, went to the bank and they told me that we need to open a new account - at our expense of course. I personally cant take it anymore and I am not opening another account, I dont have the funding and what more is I realized I still dont have enough money to make the mext miniminum mandatory order of lights from my manufacturer so we are screwed still.

I am going to be selling offa lot of my goodies, high end electronics, test equipment, AV equipment, surveillance equipment and so on. It may be enough to put us back into a position to remain in business.
I reopened my original ebay account and renamed it hktacticalequipment because it has 128 positives and not a one neg on it. Working with the new one and 8 feedbacks is had to get people to trust buying from me. I am thankful ebay let me reactivate my old account, I let it collect dust for YEARS and frankly just about forgot about it till a friend mentioned why not use your original account! I had some fees still pending on it lol. Paid them immediately of course but dont know what they were for because ebay always took the fees directly from my bank accounts anyway.

That is the story.:dedhorse: My crappy luck and miserable life gets more and more complicated day by day. I don't drink but I started, every night I have a glass of Grand Marnier before I get ready for bed - I will say this much, its a mighty load mixed with my lead poisoning medications and knocks me flat out. My insomnia problem is gone I think :rock: