Paypal locked my account - why? This is why

Lightmeup

Enlightened
Sounds like the way to get them off your back is to become a bigger PITA to them than they are to you.

David_Campen

Enlightened
If you are going to continue using PayPal you really should read the PayPalSucks web site that was mentioned earlier here. It had a lot of good info:

Now that you have been considered suspicious once it is likely to happen again. The Terms Of Service that you agreed to allow them a five year period where they can go into your bank account to get money they feel you might owe them; you need to move the bulk of any money you have to a bank account that PayPal has never known about. You can arrange to have your account "swept", moving money daily from PayPal to the bank account; you then need to quickly get the money from that bank account into one that PayPal has never known about.

chesterqw

Flashlight Enthusiast
are you the one beside the guy in suite or the guy standing beide him?

way-off topic: is that guy in suit some big guy?

amlim

Enlightened
Raven said:
Sounds like PayPal needs to be investigated by the feds.

i thought they had to settle something a while back and quite a lot of paypal account holders got some money? some class action suit?

cyberhobo

Enlightened
You think maybe the guys with the sleeve garters and green visors are giving the account a once over?:whistle:

nerdtoy

Newly Enlightened
:rant:I care so little about my life right now that if they do it again I will be on their front door step and they dont want me on their front door step feeling the way I do lately. :xyxgun:

They can kiss my white american a$$

come to realize my family and business fnances are so bad off that its not worth going on. I am selling out Helen's inventory and giving in on life.

Nobody really truely cares about whathappened and what is still happenign to people down here that someone needs to make a statement heard arcorss the world. thoudands are homeless - nobody cares.

I would be financially stable and ok if this damn storm never hit us not to mention the time paypal had us out of business.

nerdtoy

Newly Enlightened
:naughty: I can run any background on anyone I want from anything you can imagine. I still hold resources and friends. I can tell you where you last used your credit card if I wanted to go the length.

I am not in the mood to see a picture of a monkey though. :grin2:

imfrogman

Newly Enlightened
Hey nerd,
Did the thought of moving to another state ever cross your mind? No one is forcing you to live in New Orleans. And by the way your account of the situation in New Orleans is a (moderator edit). Both My Parents, my im-laws & my brother all live in New Orleans. My parents & in-laws both lost houses in Pass Christian. My in laws house in uptown had 4 ft of water through out & my parents house on the Lakefront lost its roof. Mt brother was very fortunate & only lost his fence to the storm. In all their situations, they were able to get the neccessary support from Fema & Salvation Army officials. My 94 year old grandmother lives with my parents & for the first 6 months after the storm, they delivered to the house every day a hot meal for her, even though she is in great health & has no special needs. Things are tough sure, ...(moderator edit).

Moderator note: Chill a little please? Lots of emotion and different situations for a lot of people in the storm affected areas for sure. Help us out here okay? Some folks "hold it in", some folks don't. Everyone has different tolerance levels for what happened to them.

My sources of information on that "picture" are of course the television, public safety personel, victims, and my son (CPF's very own JOshooter) who is presently down in the Baton Rouge/New OrleanS area helping to clean up, demo, & build houses for victims.

HOWEVER - I do hear what you're saying...there are good and bad stories associated with these storms. We even had a fellow up here in Anchorage that was filmed working at a fast food joint and then standing in line claiming to have lost everything in New Orleans - he's in jail right now with a roof over his head and three meals a day! (AND WE'RE STILL PAYING FOR IT, well...guess he got the assistance he deserved!)

Last edited by a moderator:

gorn

Enlightened
nerdtoy said:
Now they want my pay check stubs, I have NONE I am unemployed and work for my wife for free because WE NAVE NO MONEY and they want our social security cards - washed away in Katrina with the State Building as well.. So what now. I am about to show up on their door step!

In your first post you said you sent them your social security cards. Now you say they were lost in the flood. Which is it? I am confused.

nerdtoy

Newly Enlightened
chesterqw said:
are you the one beside the guy in suite or the guy standing beide him?

way-off topic: is that guy in suit some big guy?

I am standing beside him in the vest, my wife is to the left and he is Former President Bush is you are asking about the picture I think you are asking about :)

nerdtoy

Newly Enlightened
imfrogman said:
Hey nerd,
Did the thought of moving to another state ever cross your mind? No one is forcing you to live in New Orleans. And by the way your account of the situation in New Orleans is a (moderator edit). Both My Parents, my im-laws & my brother all live in New Orleans. My parents & in-laws both lost houses in Pass Christian. My in laws house in uptown had 4 ft of water through out & my parents house on the Lakefront lost its roof. Mt brother was very fortunate & only lost his fence to the storm. In all their situations, they were able to get the neccessary support from Fema & Salvation Army officials. My 94 year old grandmother lives with my parents & for the first 6 months after the storm, they delivered to the house every day a hot meal for her, even though she is in great health & has no special needs. Things are tough sure, ...(moderator edit).

I can't move. It is extremely complicated, as much as I would LOVE to move I cant, I am cememted here and nothing I cna do about it.

Moderator note: Chill a little please? Lots of emotion and different situations for a lot of people in the storm affected areas for sure. Help us out here okay? Some folks "hold it in", some folks don't. Everyone has different tolerance levels for what happened to them.

:thumbsdow Chill, I cant chill. every time I turn around I am getting kicked in the rear.

My sources of information on that "picture" are of course the television, public safety personel, victims, and my son (CPF's very own JOshooter) who is presently down in the Baton Rouge/New OrleanS area helping to clean up, demo, & build houses for victims.

HOWEVER - I do hear what you're saying...there are good and bad stories associated with these storms. We even had a fellow up here in Anchorage that was filmed working at a fast food joint and then standing in line claiming to have lost everything in New Orleans - he's in jail right now with a roof over his head and three meals a day! (AND WE'RE STILL PAYING FOR IT, well...guess he got the assistance he deserved!)

I have done a lot for this City and I have dome a lot for my family, now I am helpless and for the first time in my life, I am just disgusted with life in general knowing I am completely screwed. I am not fortunate enough to be able to go out and gut houses and hang drywall any more, if so I would be out there making $$$.

You know this is similar to 911, it took me about 6 months to flip out. I would just start crying for no reason and every day through out the days. I finally went looking for help and found a shrink to talk to and since have been fine. There is nobody to talk to here right now, you have to stand in line for that even. I am a sensitive person and respond to things in a unique way, I tend to remin in shock for a while then it all come out at once. Everyone I know and I mean everyone I know down here lost everything. I didn't lose my house like most did but I lost my ability to get another job because there are none for someone like me right now. Rather people looking for workers, they are folding up their tents and leaving. I am considering going to work for Sams or Home Depot if they need a computer guy, at least applying but knowing and having to disclose my condition and having to be out of work one dy a week to get my IV< nobody wants to hire someone like that.

My old job I had it good, I could come and go as I pleased and I did a extremely good job too, I made a huge difference just to be kicked in the rear in the end. They understood my problem till the new Chief took over and he just made fun of it and told me to stop making up BS sickness to be out the office.

What really makes me sick is all these people who received no damage are getting tens of thousands, a lot of people who dont even live here are getting a ton of money and a lot of them are going unchecked and not being arrested like they should be. I have no idea why my luck went so bad but honestly it all started when i lost my job after the storm, everything went down hill from there and mentally as well. I am feeling a little better but I am useless to my family and that really bothers me. Disability wants to give me 120 bucks a month! I dont want to be labeled like that either. My Doctor insists on it but I just can't do it.

Right now I have a lot of STUFF and I am going to sell my stuff on ebay to support my family as best as I can. The only thing I am not selling is my guns, I have a huge collection that took me a long time to put together and some impressive weaponry that I could never replace not to mention they saved our lives during Katrina. I will just sell off everything bit by bit. :awman:

BB

Flashlight Enthusiast
They really don't have the forcasting thing down too well yet...

NOAA May Forecast for 2005:

[font=verdana,arial]NOAA's 2005 Atlantic hurricane season outlook indicates a 70% chance of an above-normal hurricane season, a 20% chance of a near-normal season, and only a 10% chance of a below-normal season. This outlook is produced by scientists at the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration's (NOAA) Climate Prediction Center (CPC), Hurricane Research Division (HRD), and National Hurricane Center (NHC). See NOAA's definitions of above-, near-, and below-normal seasons.[/font]

[font=verdana,arial]The outlook calls for 12-15 tropical storms, with 7-9 becoming hurricanes, and 3-5 of these becoming major hurricanes. The likely range of ACE index is 120%-190% of the median. This prediction reflects a very likely continuation of above-normal activity that began in 1995.[/font]

...From the bottom of the forecast...

[font=verdana,arial]1) It is important to recognize that it is currently not possible to confidently predict at these extended ranges the number or intensity of landfalling hurricanes, or whether a particular locality will be impacted by a hurricane this season. Therefore, residents and government agencies of coastal and near-coastal regions should always maintain hurricane preparedness efforts regardless of the overall seasonal outlook.[/font]

[font=verdana,arial]2) Far more damage can be done by one major hurricane hitting a heavily populated area than by several hurricanes hitting sparsely populated areas or, of course, not making landfall at all. Therefore, hurricane-spawned disasters can occur even in years with near-normal or below-normal levels of activity. Examples of years with near-normal activity that featured extensive hurricane damage and numerous fatalities include 1960 (Hurricane Donna), 1979 (Hurricanes David and Frederic), and 1985 (Hurricanes Elena, Gloria and Juan). Moreover, the nation's most damaging hurricane, Andrew in 1992, occurred during a season with otherwise below normal activity.[/font]

Basically they forecasted it would be above normal because the last 10 years have been above normal and the 25 years before that were below normal. And there may or may not be a lot of damage.

-Bill