Push pull lights are simply the best for home beside use imo

Vol

Newly Enlightened
A simple push pull 10 dollar light throws the most perfect spotlight for home use.
Plus it throws a concentrated beam like hell outside.
Perfect light for home use imo.

oKtosiTe

Enlightened
OK, I'll bite. I did a Google image search for "push pull light" in trying to find out what exactly you're talking about, but it's coming back with wildly useless results.
Would you care to elaborate?

iacchus

Enlightened
You mean one of those zoomy lights?

Like this one?

d5a9e9a9d75c601235cf0ae520ecd5fd.jpg

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not familiar with a push pull light... Is it something like this?

giphy_zpsrhuj4zwv.gif

Skaaphaas

Enlightened
Yeah like LED Lenser P7 type stuff.

If the horrible beam profile and tint doesn't bother you, and direct drive off of AAAs with a body far too big for cells of that little capacity, then by all means :)

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL nice video clip! Push pull variable focus correct OP? If that is the case then I agree my house light is a Coast HP7 Pro love the spot to flood and it throws 25k CD...

Illum

Flashaholic
When I hear Push-Pull I think of Royer oscillators, but since we are not dealing with AC I'm going to assume he is talking about switch configuration and not about the driver

Gryffin

Enlightened
If the horrible beam profile and tint doesn't bother you, and direct drive off of AAAs with a body far too big for cells of that little capacity, then by all means :)

Stupid thing is, there's no reason someone couldn't apply the same idea to a *decent* light. I actually have one, a 1xAAA Spotlight Shifter; does the "zoom" focus thing, but no weird artifacts. Hang a similar optic and sliding bezel in front of an XM-L2 and boost driver with a decent mode selection, put 18650 (or heck, even 2xAA so you can use NiMH) and forward clicky in the back, and you could have a pretty versatile light.

But I guess when Amazon/fleaBay/AliDirect/etc. are swamped with $5–$10 lights that, to most people "do the same thing," it's hard to justify selling for what it'd cost to build, unfortunately.

Last edited:

nbp

Flashaholic
I told you that one would die and drift to oblivion. Haha

Now where's my popcorn? :popcorn: I have to decide how many dogs warrant a thread closure while I snack. Pass me a beer, I'm thinking. :buddies:

Latest posts