SINGLE CELL ROUNDUP:P2D,C2H,120P,C9,NEX,NDI,JET II,T10C,E1L,E1B,L1 **LIGHTS ADDED**

Ratton

Newly Enlightened
Re: SINGLE CELL ROUNDUP:p2D,C2H,120P,C9,NEX,NDI,JET II,T10C,E1L,E1B,L1 **OUTDR SHOTS

I really enjoyed reading and looking at this thread!!!! Thank you very much for all the time and effort you have put into this to share with us!!! :thanks: :goodjob:

The Sun

Enlightened
Re: SINGLE CELL ROUNDUP:p2D,C2H,120P,C9,NEX,NDI,JET II,T10C,E1L,E1B,L1 **OUTDR SHOTS

How embarrasing for Fenix. 4 different colors, totally ghetto.

No wonder they only make annodize black anymore. Easier than getting the finish right.

Hahaha! Sad thing that is. :crackup: Not even close...

+1

I really enjoyed reading and looking at this thread!!!! Thank you very much for all the time and effort you have put into this to share with us!!! :thanks: :goodjob:
thanks! :D

The Sun

Enlightened

the olive HAIII on my TK10 is perfect, but again on my T1 the head is darker than the rest. that, and fenix is notorious for mis-aligning thier emitters. but, even with the cosmetic issues, the lights are still awesome. i would trust them through endless torture!!!:devil: i let the kids play with the P2D in the bathtub, and not once has there been water on the interior...and thats saying something (turned on/off underwater, imaginarily bombed by G.I. Joe / Power Rangers / various superhero's, etc, etc., etc. :D)!!!!

they olive HAIII issues are really a shame too, i liked the color a lot! :shrug:

The Sun

Enlightened

i may be adding a few more lights in the very near future...after the holidays:D

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast

Nice pics and write up! As I've got most of these lights I have to agree with how nice all these are. Were the beam pics taken with a manual setting camera? I'm slightly suprised at the difference (or lack of difference in some cases) in brightness between lights I have. For example in the -1 exposures the NDI looks brighter than the Jetbeam Pro. I know that's not typically going to hold true. As you mentioned the Jetbeam is a very bright thrower. Thanks again for all the excellent pics.

gsegelk

Newly Enlightened

:thumbsup: Man...that's a great comparison/review with an excellent selection of lights!!! I just bought a C2H 5A and couldn't be happier with it. With that said, you have some flashlights that are on my list so this really helps!!

OCDGearhead

Newly Enlightened

Very nice, and great line up of pocket rockets you have.

You are going to give some of us light envy.

Thanks for effort. This is my favorite class of lights.

The Sun

Enlightened

Nice pics and write up! As I've got most of these lights I have to agree with how nice all these are. Were the beam pics taken with a manual setting camera? I'm slightly suprised at the difference (or lack of difference in some cases) in brightness between lights I have. For example in the -1 exposures the NDI looks brighter than the Jetbeam Pro. I know that's not typically going to hold true. As you mentioned the Jetbeam is a very bright thrower. Thanks again for all the excellent pics.

thanks!!! :D yes the pic's were taken in manual mode, all at the same settings. i found it pretty strange as well. i guess it just all depends on "how" each individual lights reflector, (shape, size, OP/SMO design) reflects the lights output. thats all i can theorize :D. i think all of the output in the Jet II is in the spot, while the output is more spread out in the NDI.

Awesome work, thanks!!

no problem!!! :grin2:

:thumbsup: Man...that's a great comparison/review with an excellent selection of lights!!! I just bought a C2H 5A and couldn't be happier with it. With that said, you have some flashlights that are on my list so this really helps!!

thank you!!!:thumbsup: i love the C2H it's a sexy little light, and bright to boot!!! i may be adding some Amilite's, Liteflux's, and some other Jetbeams after the holidays, so stay tuned in!!!:thumbsup:

Very nice, and great line up of pocket rockets you have.

You are going to give some of us light envy.

Thanks for effort. This is my favorite class of lights.

thanks!!! i think it's my favorite as well. so small, so bright. how can you go wrong:D

glenda17

Enlightened

Good thread but you kinda glossed over the fact that the Fenix is not compatible with RCR123's, thats a disadvantage that newbies need to know.

streetmaster

Enlightened

Good thread but you kinda glossed over the fact that the Fenix is not compatible with RCR123's, thats a disadvantage that newbies need to know.

Actually, 3.6v RCR123's CAN be used but you lose the modes.

AND 3.0v RCR123's work 100% with all modes working. (I just tested it)

Last edited:

The Sun

Enlightened

Actually, 3.6v RCR123's CAN be used but you lose the modes.

AND 3.0v RCR123's work 100% with all modes working. (I just tested it)

+1:twothumbs

glenda17

Enlightened

Probably revelant to the thread, my P2D with a 3.0V RCR had a very short runtime. A 3V RCR is just a 3.7V that wastes the .7V's as heat. Its unfortunate but true that a Fenix really isn't compatable with RCR unless you are willing to sacrifice the modes or runtime.

Great review, thanks for the info.

1996alnl

Enlightened

Probably revelant to the thread, my P2D with a 3.0V RCR had a very short runtime. A 3V RCR is just a 3.7V that wastes the .7V's as heat. Its unfortunate but true that a Fenix really isn't compatable with RCR unless you are willing to sacrifice the modes or runtime.

Great review, thanks for the info.

That's odd.
I use 3V RCR batteries in my PD30 Q5 and i get all the low modes and although i haven't put a stop watch on the runtime it seems pretty decent.
I only expect to get 40%-50% (because of half the mA) runtimes on the RCR123's compared to the "throw away your money" CR123's.

The Sun

Enlightened

That's odd.
I use 3V RCR batteries in my PD30 Q5 and i get all the low modes and although i haven't put a stop watch on the runtime it seems pretty decent.
I only expect to get 40%-50% (because of half the mA) runtimes on the RCR123's compared to the "throw away your money" CR123's.

thats a good point. i run my P2D on 3.0V RCR as well, and don't see that big of a difference when running primares as far as runtime is concerned. but, of course that's why i didn't post any runtime data on the roundup, because i can't state this fact in a scientific manner. i don't have a lightbox, or lux meter, so i can't say in any specific terms that the runtime on either cell is better/worse.

thanks for the info. from everyone, and it is, in fact good information. it completely slipped my mind to mention that the P2D (along with many other Fenix models), are not truly compatible with 3.7V RCR's. this is good information for a first time, of slightly uninformed buyer to know!!!:thumbsup:

there are a few things i would have liked to see change in the updated version of the P2d (the PD20). a forward tactical clicky would have been "golden" IMO, also the ability to be completely compatible with 3.7V RCR cells. it would be great to have some standardization in my battery cells!!!:thumbsup: really that's it, other than those two personal issues, it's a great light. :thumbsup:

The Sun

Enlightened

**********i'll be adding an AmiLite T5, a LF3 XT, and a few others withing the next day or two!!!********** stay tuned!!:D:D

Twohey

Newly Enlightened

The Sun -- thank you for the great info and time you put in! This is helping me quite a bit in narrowing down my next choice (or two) for an EDC!

The Sun

Enlightened

The Sun -- thank you for the great info and time you put in! This is helping me quite a bit in narrowing down my next choice (or two) for an EDC!

not a problem, i'm glad i could help you out. i will update soon after christmas.

Merry Christmas Everyone!!! :party::party::party:

madi05

Enlightened

**********i'll be adding an AmiLite T5, a LF3 XT, and a few others withing the next day or two!!!********** stay tuned!!:D:D

cant wait to see a beamshot comparison on the lf3xt against the others,, this is the one im thinking of picking up, lol

madi05

The Sun

Enlightened

cant wait to see a beamshot comparison on the lf3xt against the others,, this is the one im thinking of picking up, lol

madi05

i'll get them up right after Christmas. it's a present from my wife so i haven't received it yet:D

Latest posts