Smallest BRIGHTEST lights for the money...

EsthetiX

Enlightened
Ordered Fenix E0.. was considering civictor... But I want somehting that has stable battery life as well. I hear conflicting reviews on Arc premium.. maybe I should go with fenix e1? I dunno. all these reviews are confusing me. What else is compact and bright out there? It would be cool to have something tiny that could cast a powerful light and illuminate a whole room.

Brightest SMALL lights! OPINIONS PLEASE.

greenLED

Flashaholic
Welcome to CPF, EsthetiX!

What exactly do you mean by "stable battery life"?
Could you clarify on the conflicting reviews on the ArcAAA?

Unfortunately, you won't be illuminating an entire room with a 5mm LED light. You'll need a Lux-based light for that, and once you start trying to use smaller batteries, they don't run for very long.

EsthetiX

Enlightened
YAh, I dont expect to light up an entire rooom off an AAA haha. It would be cool though, I'd like to know what the best single AAA/AA lights are.

What are the smallest best LUX ones? By stable battery life I mean something that stays at a relatively high output for quite some time and doesnt start dropping for a decent amount of time (compared to other lights with the same power).

Does anyone have anything bad to say about the Fenix P1? The batteries it uses.. are these expensive? Theyre not common...

Last edited:

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you want brightness than the ARC AAAP and the EO are NOT what you want. They use a 5mm LED and have good runtime (EO especially) but not alot of overall brightness.

Check out the Fenix P1. It is very small (shorter than AAAP or EO) and is VERY bright!

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast
EsthetiX said:
Does anyone have anything bad to say about the Fenix P1? The batteries it uses.. are these expensive? Theyre not common...

Hello EsthetiX and welcome to CPF:)

As result of a lot of threads here about the P1 (take a search, a lot to read) :

a good light with good output for a good price.

Best regards

____
Tom

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree, if you want to "light a room", make the Fenix P1 do a tailstand. If you want a more common battery or you are on a budget, get a Civictor V1 (1AA) and do the same thing.

Coop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tilburg, the Netherlands (perfectly reachable by U
Fenix L0P SE might be a good choice... use it on the normal level for normal use, use it on low to save the battery and use it on high to pretty much light up a room on 1 AAA (ok, not lighting up a room like we're used to here at CPF, but still enough light to navigate the room without bumping into stuff)

oh, and welcome to CPF

EsthetiX

Enlightened
EngrPaul said:
I agree, if you want to "light a room", make the Fenix P1 do a tailstand. If you want a more common battery or you are on a budget, get a Civictor V1 (1AA) and do the same thing.

Well I would like to keep it under $90.

I just ordered the E0 for my keychain.. But I'd like to get one more brighter light......... Im thinking the P1 but I just hate using exotic batteries! P1's physical appearance is freakin awesome. Im wondering if anyone else can give me a comparison between it and civictor performance-wise.

So people are reallllly recommending fenix. Guess I can't go wrong with them...?

carrot

Flashaholic
Orb Raw?

Yes, Fenix is really worth the money, especially when you get into their price range. There's very little competition for Fenix at that range ($20-25 for keychain, $40-50 for full-size).

You will be very surprised by the brightness of the P1 compared to the Civictor. Might want to order some batteries from Batterystation.com. I find that BS batteries work great for most applications, except for ultra-high output lamps like Surefire HOLAs. Also very cheap.

You might want to buy the ZTS Mismatch cells from http://batterystation.com/cpf.htm, towards the lower half of the page. You get a box of 50 for only $30 shipped. ZTS mismatch cells are for use in single-cell lights only. They may be dangerous when used in pairs and triples.

Last edited:

greenLED

Flashaholic
EsthetiX said:
What are the smallest best LUX ones? By stable battery life I mean something that stays at a relatively high output for quite some time and doesnt start dropping for a decent amount of time (compared to other lights with the same power).

We refer to that as "regulated" 'round'ere.

I've only seen good things said about the P1, but I don't have one myself. You'll notice that once you start getting into small, high-powered lights, they'll use 123 batteries. I used to think they were an oddity, but now they're "common staple" for me. Check out my CPF Specials thread for links to vendors selling them for $1 or so.

Before making wild recommendations, may I as what you want the light for? Walking outside, reading, navigating around the house at night, camping, long distance spotting...? With so many options out there, the extra info will help narrow the choices we present to you.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, if you want to stay around the $25 area the E1 offers a lot for the money...claimed 12 lumen, 3 hour run time on rechargables.

The E1-47 to my eyes is brighter yet...3 hour run time too...$60.

The L0 se Ti betters them with a claimed at 16 lumen with again a 3 hour run time on medium...$100. 3 levels, but pricey.

The L0P SE is dimmer on medium than any of the others...at the 3 hour run time point...$40. But might be the best buy as it has 3 levels...

These are all Fenix...you may want to consider other brands as well.

Ken

EsthetiX

Enlightened
Well mainly for outdoors use + just the power of having a small light that packs a big punch. And I hate the idea of lugging around something uncomfortably.

It would be cool to have differnt levels of power but I dont see it as hugely necessary for me. Thanks for making me feel a little more comfortable about the CPF's

Thanks everyone for youre welcoming hospitality! haha

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you want the most efficient 1AAA, get a E1-47. If you want the brightest 1AAA, get a L0P-SE and set it on high. If you want a healthy amount of light, you really should bump up to something that uses at least 1 AA or 123.

Do a search in the Reviews forum. You will find loads of info and beamshots and runtimes!!!!

EsthetiX

Enlightened
Hey what about Coast LL7730 someone just mentioned this in another thread... Any thoughts???

greenLED

Flashaholic
EngrPaul said:
IIf you want a healthy amount of light, you really should bump up to something that uses at least 1 AA or 123.
Yup, what Paul said.

I don't like Coast lights. I think there are far better quality lights out there, for less money. Plus, their designs... :green: YMMV, of course.

EsthetiX

Enlightened
greenLED said:
Yup, what Paul said.

I don't like Coast lights. I think there are far better quality lights out there, for less money. Plus, their designs... :green: YMMV, of course.

well you have 10,503 posts so ill trust you and stay away from coast hahaha

And hey.. I neevr said I wasn't open to AA! :)

greenLED

Flashaholic
:eek: Thank you, please but don't trust everything I say just because of my post count. There are a lot of older and wiser folks around here, with a fraction of that count. ...and don't expect me to know much about incandescents and hotwire mods either. :stupid: