Spouse/SO Frustration....

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
You lucky guy. Don't worry about the thermostat, your wife is and should be the boss for home management. Do enjoy every (good) moment with your girls. My twin daughters used to each run up and grab one of my legs when I came home so I'd be staggering around with a girl on each foot and laughing. I still remember the sound...and it is a treasure. Didn't last all that long either.

In 15 years you'll come home and wonder WHERE all the cars parked on your street came from...

Congratulations, and give your wife a lot of room in the little things, such as this.

matt_j

Enlightened
Well it is a serious problem... I divorced my wife of 5 years because she kept leaving light on in the fridge.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
No wife but had a girlfriend that was boiling water for tea. It had been boiling for a spell and I asked her what she was waiting for and she said she was boiling it longer because she wanted it really hot.

Deanster

Enlightened
Congrats on the fearsome 4-some... My kids are 6 and 3, and I'm just beginning to see the light of day again. They're wonderful, just... need lots of attention.

On the thermostat issue, or any similar, you're peeing into the wind, my friend. You can explain, you can lecture, you can bring in teams of NASA Thermodynamics experts to explain that the AC is either pumping out cold air or not, without reference to the set temp beyond the on-off point.

She won't care, won't listen, and you'll be spending your sorely needed marital capital in vain. It doen't matter if it IS true, only if it FEELS true...

eebowler

Flashlight Enthusiast
geepondy said:
No wife but had a girlfriend that was boiling water for tea. It had been boiling for a spell and I asked her what she was waiting for and she said she was boiling it longer because she wanted it really hot.
What drives me nuts is when someone boils a whole pot (kettle) of water for one cup of tea.

By the way Aj, congratulations :)