Streamlight Microstream LED

foxtrot29

Enlightened
Got one clipped to my BP vest for notes at night -- great light, great beam. So much so that I bought another for around the house.

It's rare IMHO to see a beam that smooth (Even when white wall hunting) from a smooth reflector.

Sadsack

Newly Enlightened
:thumbsup:I really enjoy My microstream-LD01 combo. The microstream body has a nice pocket clip on it and I like having the clicky switch rather than a twisty. Will run on a 10440 batt but be careful or :poof:

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can you use a 2xAAA microstream with LD01 head without going :poof:? 2xNiMh would be 2.4V compared to 4.2v 1xli-ions.

Kestrel

Flashaholic
I like the L0D - Stylus pro (2xAAA) combo idea. That is a new option as well.

Has anyone tried the Microstream with a 10440 yet? I assume it will be too much for it, but haven't yet read any evidence of this on here.

jp2515

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've tried very hard to get one of mine open on various occasions. I've done the bag a boil 3 times, the last time for about 5 minutes, and it isn't budging. I've decided it wants to stay in 1 piece.

:hairpull: I tried to boil the thing, heat it with blow drier and twist with 2 wrenches and no luck so you aren't alone. I even tried to bang it with my pliers and nope.

Hitthespot

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have given a number of these lights to friends and I receive nothing but great compliments. It is a great little light. I can't wait until they place the next brighter LED in it.

Bill

Lite_me

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've tried very hard to get one of mine open on various occasions. I've done the bag a boil 3 times, the last time for about 5 minutes, and it isn't budging. I've decided it wants to stay in 1 piece.

:hairpull: I tried to boil the thing, heat it with blow drier and twist with 2 wrenches and no luck so you aren't alone. I even tried to bang it with my pliers and nope.

Have you guys seen/tried my method? I've separated 4 or 5 with ease doing it this way. Most of them unscrewed so easily after setting them up, I wondered if it was even necessary to go to all that trouble. :thinking: :) Only one of them, I think, came apart with a 'CRACK'. That one was glued pretty tight. If you don't have a vice, two pair of pliers should work ok. You may have to purchase some of those tiny hose clamps. Not everyone has those around I'm sure. :sigh:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/2259885&postcount=65

Last edited:

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been very tempted by the Microstream, I have the 2 AAA version which is the Stylus Pro and it is one of my favorite light, perhaps my favorite and I have to believe the Microstream would be just as good in a smaller package. I love the, runtime, beam and brightness in the small easy to pocket package. Really the only thing I would change, and did, was the clip which felt cheap to me. I replaced the clip with the one from a 2 AAA Minimag and it works like a dream.

jp2515

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have you guys seen/tried my method? I've separated 4 or 5 with ease doing it this way. Most of them unscrewed so easily after setting them up, I wondered if it was even necessary to go to all that trouble. :thinking: :) Only one of them, I think, came apart with a 'CRACK'. That one was glued pretty tight. If you don't have a vice, two pair of pliers should work ok. You may have to purchase some of those tiny hose clamps. Not everyone has those around I'm sure. :sigh:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/2259885&postcount=65

I wish I had a vise, it would make it much easier. Its much easier with the clamps but time is at a premium and sometimes I get impatient. But thanks for the tip. At this point I'm contemplating on posting a WTB thread in the Marketplace for a separated one. You wouldn't happen to have a extra one would ya...? :D

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are so many threads on the Streamlight Microstream, I was not sure which one to post to. So, I picked this one.

I would like to remove the pocket clip on mine, but I would like to do it without destroying the clip or marring the finish on the light body. Does anyone have any suggestions for a good way to do this without causing damage?

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are so many threads on the Streamlight Microstream, I was not sure which one to post to. So, I picked this one.

I would like to remove the pocket clip on mine, but I would like to do it without destroying the clip or marring the finish on the light body. Does anyone have any suggestions for a good way to do this without causing damage?

Yes, just remove it carefully. I yanked my out and caused some scratches. That's OK because mine is a working light.

IMG_2444.jpg

faco

Enlightened
I use the 1AAA Microstream clipped to my shirt pocket for work, has a great white tint, the right amount of light my my needs and you hardly realize its in your pocket.

Months ago someone at work asked for a flashlight so I handed mine over to him, he said if I had something bright for the place he wanted to use it, not something that small, I said go ahead and press the button............he freaked out :)

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just (finally) ordered myself a MS and should be getting it soon. I was trying to decide between this and it's big brother, the Stylus Pro. Doing a lot of bargain hunting, I've came across the SP in silver and in red, anyone seen these before?

adnj

Enlightened
Hmm. That sounds interesting. I have a few of the black Microstreams but never saw anything in any colors.