Streamlight Microstream LED

Lite_me

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anybody else have any other smart mods for the clip to keep it from scratching the body?
I've removed the heads on all mine. (they're glued) They stay on ok afterwards so I just remove the head now to change batteries.

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree completely. It will be REALLY nice for when I wear a suit because it is so much smaller and lighter than my SF E1B.

Even as "melted" as the E1B is, it still has sharp edges that are wearing heavily on my clothing. Glad I rarely wear suits any more or I'd be buying new ones by now!!

This little Streamlight is great, and depending how it fares over the next few weeks/months I may pick up a third for myself and more for friends. :)

Well, I don't know as it will make up for an E1B (although Streamlight does use the word "tactical" on the packaging (???? - it's 20 lumens, folks). I think with a light that substantial, a good belt holster is on order, or it goes in the overcoat pocket.

Put the fenix L0D or LD01 head on the MicroStream, and that might be different...

kitelights

Flashlight Enthusiast
So? Don't you carry a backup or three?? :D
You might find one or two others on me ......:sssh:

Well, I don't know as it will make up for an E1B (although Streamlight does use the word "tactical" on the packaging (???? - it's 20 lumens, folks). I think with a light that substantial, a good belt holster is on order, or it goes in the overcoat pocket.

Put the fenix L0D or LD01 head on the MicroStream, and that might be different...
Unless your SL MS package is different from mine, you may want to reread it. Mine says, 20 Lumens Typical.

Mundele

Newly Enlightened
Just got my MS today, strangely my clip does not have the cutouts in it for the keyring, which is fine with me as I'd rather not have the keyring on it and it also seems like the clip is glued on, again no big deal at all for me. The beam is pretty identical to my L2T on low, with a brighter hotspot and no Cree dark ring around the hotspot. Can't wait until it gets dark out to play around with it. Also the tailcap is sort of a PITA to put back on as the clip makes it a little hard to align the threads and damn there's a lot of thread!

A clip on mine broke and SL sent me replacement clips. the replacements don't have the cutouts. A good change IMO.

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
Doesn't break away or doesn't reattach?

I had to yank on mine pretty hard to get it to separate....

Ok, I had to yank on that thing really hard to seperate it. I've already been through quite a few batteries since I've gotten mine, I don't know if I play with it that much, or I got an over or underachiever.

Kestrel

Flashaholic
Regarding the difficulty of operating the stock SL clickie (the original ones were somewhat difficult to click to constant-on), my SL Stylus Pro would repeatedly fail the 'user' test: I would hand it to someone and they would only operate it as a momentary, without realizing that more directed force was necessary to 'click' it to constant-on, I called StreamLight (recommended by an earlier poster in this thread), and they were happy to exchange it for a later revision. I didn't bother exchanging my wife's SP (great tint and an overachiever compared to the one I have), but I figured that before doing the LD01 head modification: (https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/179101), I wanted to start with the newer version.

Anyway, the newer switches are nicer and now don't require an excessive press to actuate. They still require adequate force and I have no reservations whatsoever that it will 'momentary-on' in a pocket or anything. I have some digital load-cells at work and will be able to compare the force required for the new switch to the force for the older switch. (The spring itself isn't changed, but since the travel is somewhat less, the rubber switch cover doesn't have to become excessively pinched between the end of the light and the finger/thumb.)

The exchange is worthwhile if you're not a fan of the original switch (it was only ~$1.50 in postage to send mine back) and took about a week and a half to two weeks, round-trip.

6speed

Newly Enlightened
This light is a pretty sweet deal with the lanyard, clip, forward clikie and the bright smooth beam. I have the EO1 also but prefer the LIGHT of the MS.

Hint; To turn on hold the light in one hand and use a knuckle of the other hand to activate. Or just toughen up your hands you .................. rabbits.

Most times I use the momentary only so no big deal. Get this one.

DHart

Flashlight Enthusiast
LD01-Stream on 10440

Once the head from my black LD01 met the body from my Microstream they have been inseparable. Running on a 10440. PHENOMENAL output!

Since my original LD01 bowed out to create the LD01-Stream, I decided I needed another complete LD01, so I bought a Stainless Steel LD01... wonderful lights!

I only run 10440 in mine because I use them only for occasional and brief uses as a pocket EDC and wanted blazing output. I got it! ;) I also carry a larger light of one sort or another to have if needed for more lengthy runtimes. But the output of the LD01-Stream on 10440 is blistering!

Marlite

Enlightened
So yesterday I received several of the Streamlight Microstreams I ordered, and WOW are they great little lights!!

That and the pocket clip is ingeniously designed so that it will scrape the HECK out of the body when you go to twist it off. :shakehead I put an index card between the clip and body to remove it and am going to wrap that thing in a layer of duct tape.

Anybody else have any other smart mods for the clip to keep it from scratching the body?

I used a plumbing O-ring of the right size and height and it elevates the clip enough to remove the tailcap. You will find that the clip will grip against the O-ring tenaciously as the rubber will supply mega friction.

cheers marlite

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I recently bought one of the single AAA Microstream models.

Seperating the head from the body is indeed no easy task, as others have already mentioned. Then I noticed that the forward-clickie is way too sensative, and the boot itself is far too thin. I can literally squeeze the boot flat between my thumb and index finger, by gripping the boot from the sides. :sick2:

Yes, it returns back to its original shape. But overall, the light feels plain cheap and overpriced. (And I bought it for about $16). This isn't my first S.L. model that is Made in China. But it is the first one that feels as though it would fit right in with the lights sold by DX. :thumbsdow

I purchased it to use the body & tailcap with the head of my Fenix L0D. But after examining this S.L. offering, I'm going to keep my L0D stock.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recently bought one of the single AAA Microstream models.

Seperating the head from the body is indeed no easy task, as others have already mentioned. Then I noticed that the forward-clickie is way too sensative, and the boot itself is far too thin. I can literally squeeze the boot flat between my thumb and index finger, by gripping the boot from the sides. :sick2:

Yes, it returns back to its original shape. But overall, the light feels plain cheap and overpriced. (And I bought it for about $16). This isn't my first S.L. model that is Made in China. But it is the first one that feels as though it would fit right in with the lights sold by DX. :thumbsdow

I purchased it to use the body & tailcap with the head of my Fenix L0D. But after examining this S.L. offering, I'm going to keep my L0D stock.

I have been using mine everyday for the past 2 years,it has been dropped lost in engines,fallen off ramps,still working like a dream,looks a little scratched but hell it is a work light and one of the few that really becomes brighter on Lithium,I have the bigger brother Stylus Pro but prefer the MS.