Streamlight Microstream LED

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd say no, but maybe someone else who actually carries it in their pocket could chime in? Mind you, it only takes a 180 degree turn to lock it out.
Well, I've only carried mine in my shirt pocket, so have no first hand knowledge. But I agree it is a very deep switch - sometimes I can get it with the pad of my finger, most of the time I have to use my fingertip.

And you know - I have had both the Microstream and the Stylus Pro for a year now, and never knew the tailcap locked out. I don't recall ever seeing it mentioned either.

Mr. Shawn

Enlightened
:hairpull: I tried to boil the thing, heat it with blow drier and twist with 2 wrenches and no luck so you aren't alone. I even tried to bang it with my pliers and nope.

Last night I removed the head from my Stylus Pro by simply heating the Loctite with a lighter and wearing latex-dipped gloves as I broke the seal. I love my new Fenixstream!

Lite_me

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last night I removed the head from my Stylus Pro by simply heating the Loctite with a lighter and wearing latex-dipped gloves as I broke the seal. I love my new Fenixstream!
:thumbsup: Me Too! I carry it in my shirt pocket. So handy and oh so bright!

streampromod.jpg

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
So does the L0D have the same output with the Stylus Pro body as it does running on 10440's or is it about the same with 1aaa?

Lite_me

Flashlight Enthusiast
So does the L0D have the same output with the Stylus Pro body as it does running on 10440's or is it about the same with 1aaa?
Nearly as bright as on a 10440. But much longer runtimes. And also safer. And, it's within specs. And, there's more body to help expel heat. And, I really like it. And you will too. :candle:

Pokerstud

Enlightened
Well, after reading this, I had to try the LOD-CE head switch. The MicroStream is a wonderful little $16 light all by itself.

I used 2 curved jawed channel locks and a lot of padding, and was able to easily break the epoxy seal. After a little thread clean up and relube with a new 'O' ring, the head of my LOD-CE screwed right on. I have full 5 function mode using the tailcap, very impressive.

I tried the head off of my LD01 SS, and it DOESN'T work :thinking: . It seemed to screw on ok, and I had no battle rattle so it had to be making contact, maybe something in the electronics?

Anyway, a good little light just got better :twothumbs

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got my MS today, strangely my clip does not have the cutouts in it for the keyring, which is fine with me as I'd rather not have the keyring on it and it also seems like the clip is glued on, again no big deal at all for me. The beam is pretty identical to my L2T on low, with a brighter hotspot and no Cree dark ring around the hotspot. Can't wait until it gets dark out to play around with it. Also the tailcap is sort of a PITA to put back on as the clip makes it a little hard to align the threads and damn there's a lot of thread!

Last edited:

robotoid

Newly Enlightened
The clicky tailcap is secure enough I didn't even realize it WAS a clicky until I re-read this old thread I started and tried it.

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does SL give OTF or emitter lumens? I got to play with mine some last night outside and doing more comparing to my L2T on low, it has a noticeable amount of light in both throw and spill that does not appear like it's just 5 lumens brighter. I found that if you clip the light to something, like the bottom of your shirt while changing the battery, it helps a bit with getting the cap back on as it lifts the clip just enough to not interfere and it also prevents the clip from scratching up the beautiful flat black body:thumbsup:

EDIT: SL's site now shows black, blue, silver and red for the Stylus Pro. Also is the safety lanyard supposed to snap apart at the barrel thingy or does it actually break?

Last edited:

kitelights

Flashlight Enthusiast
20 Lumens, but at the cost of runtime. I haven't done a test on mine, but the package says 'up to 1.5 hours.'

That's not a problem for me. It's not an EDC. I use my lights mostly for very short periods and the benefit of its small size, practical beam for both closeup work and near/moderate throw, pleasing tint and low cost for a quality, major name, lifetime guarantee light is a home run to me. With my aging eyes the twice as bright as most other lights in this size is a plus for me.

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got one of these little lights, and I'm very happy with it so far. Nice white beam, no artifacts, brighter than I thought it would be and should run 3 hours on an L92 or maybe 1 1/2 on an Eneloop. I can see clipping this in my suit jacket pocket, or my jeans pocket, anytime I go out, it's so small and light it goes almost unnoticed. It's also at only $15, one of those lights I could see buying a few of, putting one in the briefcase, one in the tackle box, one in the shooting bag, oh, and one in the house. It would also seem to make a good partner to pair with a single-level, higher output light, like a P1CE, a 6P, Inova T1, etc. These could really be useful little suckers, I think.

My only concern is tht it seems to have a plastic lens, and I wonder how durable/scratch resistent it will be.

Drjones

Enlightened
So yesterday I received several of the Streamlight Microstreams I ordered, and WOW are they great little lights!!

They are roughly the size of a Mag Solitaire, larger than an ARC-AAA. Frankly, I often thought my ARC was almost a little TOO small, at least to comfortably twist the switch on and off with one hand, so the Streamlight is almost the perfect size.

This thing is BRIGHT and has a surprising amount of throw for being powered by one AAA battery.

It completely lights up a room, has a nice hot spot and lots of flood.

I *very* highly recommend it!

I've been wanting something like this for a long time; the clicky is what sold me as twist switches on a light are a PITA, IMO.

Now I wish they'd make a LESS bright version with significantly longer runtime and I'd be set for life! :D

My initial impressions are very favorable and I'm glad I bought so many of them: two for me, one for my lady, mom, dad, sister.

One more thing is I noticed the threads were totally and completely devoid of any lube at all, so you'd want to be sure to put something on there to lube it and keep the o-ring from drying up.

I use XF7 and it seems to work fine.

That and the pocket clip is ingeniously designed so that it will scrape the HECK out of the body when you go to twist it off. :shakehead I put an index card between the clip and body to remove it and am going to wrap that thing in a layer of duct tape.

Anybody else have any other smart mods for the clip to keep it from scratching the body?

Drjones

Enlightened
I just got one of these little lights, and I'm very happy with it so far. Nice white beam, no artifacts, brighter than I thought it would be and should run 3 hours on an L92 or maybe 1 1/2 on an Eneloop. I can see clipping this in my suit jacket pocket, or my jeans pocket, anytime I go out, it's so small and light it goes almost unnoticed. It's also at only $15, one of those lights I could see buying a few of, putting one in the briefcase, one in the tackle box, one in the shooting bag, oh, and one in the house. It would also seem to make a good partner to pair with a single-level, higher output light, like a P1CE, a 6P, Inova T1, etc. These could really be useful little suckers, I think.

My only concern is tht it seems to have a plastic lens, and I wonder how durable/scratch resistent it will be.

I agree completely. It will be REALLY nice for when I wear a suit because it is so much smaller and lighter than my SF E1B.

Even as "melted" as the E1B is, it still has sharp edges that are wearing heavily on my clothing. Glad I rarely wear suits any more or I'd be buying new ones by now!!

This little Streamlight is great, and depending how it fares over the next few weeks/months I may pick up a third for myself and more for friends. :)