Surefire e2dl ultra

biglights

Enlightened
I have the Viking X, first gen. Lack of spill in the E2DL U is not an issue. It lights up about 5 feet in front of me. It is nice and wide too. I just compared it to the Fury again and the E2DL actually covers about 5 to 10 feet wider in the spill. Its not as intense, but does cover a larger area all around. So I guess people will like that.

Mark Mc

Newly Enlightened
I just saw the update on this thread, the Ultra is finally here. I admit to being a Surefire fan for years, didn't know brighter lights were available. I've got one of the first E2D LEDs 120 lumens I think, I carried it on duty for years and found it to be a great light. Can't wait to get the new version to see if it can unseat my newest EDC the Fenix PD32 UE.

jonesy

Enlightened
So, how would the beam of the e2DL ultra compare to a Malkoff Hound Dog XM-L (750 lumens)? The small size is quite tempting, and if the throw is similar, it could be a great pocket rocket!

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Hound Dog has a very tight hot spot due to the deep reflector, and a fair amount of spill. Biglights' verbal description makes it sound like the E2D Ultra will have more spill than the Hound Dog. The reduced lumen count of the E2D Ultra makes me believe it will not be comparable to the Hound Dog in throw department. Having said that, if it throws even a little better than the standard E2D, but with fully usable spill, it'll be an awesome little pocket light.

I can take comparative lux measurements with both cool and neutral Hound Dogs at distance (I used 100 yards last time) once I've received the Ultra.

Grizz

Foskey

Newly Enlightened
Looks like you guys were a part of the very fortunate few to actually get one of these. I can't buy one anywhere!

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surefire posted on their Facebook page that the E2DLU is now shipping to dealers.

Tuna

Newly Enlightened
Will do. Currently out picking up dinner and it's not dark yet. However, I promise to take as many photos as my fellow cpfers need. Two words sum up my initial impressions - buy it.

djdawg

Enlightened
Nice thread ............now Iam wantin one of these :shakehead
I dont need it .......do I :confused:
I already got two E2DL

TMedina

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, I'm waiting for the current E2DLs to hit the clearance racks. Take a file to that bezel and I'm good! :D

Foskey

Newly Enlightened
Will do. Currently out picking up dinner and it's not dark yet. However, I promise to take as many photos as my fellow cpfers need. Two words sum up my initial impressions - buy it.

Thank you, Tuna! It is greatly appreciated!

Tuna

Newly Enlightened
Beamshots at 3 feet. Fury is the first shot (has round spill), Ultra is second photo. Ultra had wider spill and yet a tighter spot. Ultra beam has flower pattern beam due to the scalloped edges and a little ringy. Fury beam has smoother transition.

Last edited:

Latest posts