Surefire Invictus & Optimus - expectations (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Optik49

Enlightened
I can't believe how difficult it is to get quality up to date information and photos from the show and from Surfire. If Surefire had a problem and things did not work out and this caused them not to release some of their lights fine. Better than having someone have their light die on them, during crucial time and having to send them back for repair. I think they learned a lesson from 2008.
I just hope they do a better job this year with their new products. I also hope they post their 2009 catalog soon. I started this thread awhile ago and I'm thinking it is nearing the end. Perhaps we can close it and pick up a new thread called Surefire's 2009 New Lights Discussion. (I just started it)

vb14

Newly Enlightened
3V is what PK has been working on for, well, ever.
Each of the 1V's can be achieved without too much effort.
2V's can be achieved and have been explored by various concepts and products.
3V is altogether more difficult. Especially if it is outcome focused (each V is defined by the ergonomics of the desired outcome).
The ergonomics and the outcome define the amount or type of choice of each V and how to select it, if indeed selection is appropriate or necessary.

Al

I read somewhere that it's variable output, variable beam pattern and variable color. If this was achieved in the UB3, that would be nice (here's hoping).

Size15's

Flashaholic
I read somewhere that it's variable output, variable beam pattern and variable color. If this was achieved in the UB3, that would be nice (here's hoping).
It's not just about shoehorning all three V's into one flashlight - it's about doing it in such a way as is useful and simple and fit for purpose. There are so many different ways to approach 2V and 3V; it's the journey of innovation, invention, exploration and design evolution that fascinates, challenges and provokes.
Al :popcorn:

Status
Not open for further replies.