Surefire Invictus & Optimus - expectations (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

iapyx

Enlightened
Re: Surefire Invictus & Optimus - expectations

If your going to Shot Show your going to be surprised with what Surefire is coming out with. Ok I said too much.

Shot Show 2009 is on and I have to admit that I am surprised. But in a rather negative way since the UA2 and UB2 seem to be left out...

AlecGold

Enlightened
Re: Surefire Invictus & Optimus - expectations

Shot Show 2009 is on and I have to admit that I am surprised. But in a rather negative way since the UA2 and UB2 seem to be left out...

No UA2. Have those guys any idea what they are doing to me?
Bloody brilliant!

Ratchet_Gear

Newly Enlightened
Looks like Optimus will not be released... :thinking:

Yea it seems like it. I just got off the phone with Surefire customer service and he told me that the UA2 Optimus and UB2 Invictus are not going to be produced. They are instead going to release the UB3 Invictus in their place. I really wish this was not true but from what I have read on this forum about them not being showed at Shot Show 2009 it might be.:mecry:

bluesaber

Newly Enlightened
I'm disappointed in the vaporware UA2 and UB2's but I'm still hopeful that Surefire will produce a new great light. They have the pedigree, the resources, and the talent.

I truly believe that Surefire will release a new light that will set the standards for all others to follow.

I'm savings my dollars - Surefire, I'm still with you! (Surefire, I've been a Leo Fender faithful since 1962 and you don't want to know how much I've spent on Fender Stratocasters over the years!. Quality is the most important feature of any manufacturer's product!)

wacbzz

Flashlight Enthusiast
To go just a tab bit OT here...

When the loyalty becomes "blind" and transforms into an agenda, it becomes troublesome.

bernie

I think that the term "blind" can and does include someone else other than the person you point out. I think that an equally troublesome, and if not the worse, person is the one that finds what they think they like and will only look at that brand, to the exclusion of all others. IMO, there is no worse person than the one that believes brand X is better than all even though they haven't really checked out any other brands.

A perfect example of this was when EagleTac lights came on to the scene. There were many on CPF that really denigrated the company and their lights without even owning one. Those people know who they are. And it wasn't until the lights were actually tested with an IS that those non believers that blindly put EagleTac down actually had no choice but to believe that EagleTac were putting out lights that performed the way in which they were claimed to do.

That person is the worst type of blind follower out there...

Kiessling

Flashaholic
I admit that I am rather shocked that both those lights are now toast. Sucks big time. A three cell Invicturs is better than no Invictus, but I am still very disappointed.
:(

Looking at the thread title ... no expectations left, hm? :green:

bernie

Federal LG

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes... totally NO expectations. That´s weird...

I guess they can close this thread, while those lights will not "exist".

Kiessling

Flashaholic
That's what I thought, too. But then again, in order to get over this we must do the mourning first.

SimpleIsGood229

Newly Enlightened
I have this strange suspicion that Surefire is gonna pull an ace from their collective sleeve. I just find it really odd that the UA2 and UB2 are suddenly gone.

Optik49

Enlightened
Last edited by a moderator:

Unknown

Newly Enlightened
Hello CPFers,

I've been lurking for a while and have been in great anticipation of the UA2 Optimus. Very sad to here about it not coming out. But before SHOT show, I emailed Surefire to ask them about the light. I received their response today (1/16/09). Maybe someone does not know their products or maybe the UA2 is not dead. I certanally hope the latter because it seems like the perfect light for me (except the SOS and Stobe placment). Time will tell.

- Unk

-------- Original Message -------- Subject: RE: New lights available?Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 10:29:21 -0800From: helpyou <[email protected]>To:

Dear Sir,
We are hoping to have the T1A and UA2 released sometime in mid-2009.
This date is subject to change.

Thank you

Greg Lin
Technical Support
SureFire LLC
800-828-8809
www.surefire.com

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Sunday, January 11, 2009 6:41 PM
To: helpyou
Subject: New lights available?

Hello Surefire,

Can you provide me with a ballpark estimate on when the Titan T1A and
UA2 Optimus will be available?

Thanks,

flash_bang

Enlightened
I have this strange suspicion that Surefire is gonna pull an ace from their collective sleeve. I just find it really odd that the UA2 and UB2 are suddenly gone.
they must have SOMETHING. I mean, they're not coming out with the P61L, the KL9, or the UA2 or UB2, and instead just putting out these A series lights and new L series?

seems like a bit of a light load to me, and I kinda doubt the "improved" ergonomics would take THAT much manpower.

Cheers,
Flash

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was all set to copy---Surefire Invictus and Optimus-expectations and then put 2010.....

Now I just feel really sad. I feel for those who who have been patiently waiting on the pre-orders...definitely if money was put down...or even if it was not.

Also I am sad for myself... because I wanted one of the lights too. Oh well.

I will never sign up for a SF preorder... but still have hopes that their new lights....when they come out... will be a great enough temptation for me to buy one.

But right now I think it is more for nostalgia sakes than anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.