Taking a break from CPF.

fyrstormer

Banned
Something has been nagging at me lately whenever I sign into CPF. I finally figured out what it is. I haven't had anything useful to say here in months. So, I'm going to take my leave, for an undetermined length of time. People come and go every day and they don't bother to say so, but I've been a regular here for a few years and I felt like doing it, so there it is.

I have my TiTi Twister lube thread in the Marketplace that I'll keep an eye on, but that will be the extent of my involvement for the foreseeable future. I leave you with a picture of my EDC, for which I owe to CPF a debt of gratitude for making me aware of and helping me find.

CIMG5340b.png

Happy and brightly-lit trails to you all.

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sometimes a break is needed. See you in due course, refreshed and re-energised

ffemt6263

Enlightened
I agree with the above. In everything we have a passion for and a great involvement with a break is needed here and there. I disagree with you fyrstormer though that you feel you havent had anything to contribute. I keep my posts here to a minimum but i read daily and very often find help and great knowledge in your posts. Take your break and sit on the backburner but i hope you return. Like i said, you are one of the more informed and therefore informative members of this community. Thank you for the knowledge youve sent my way thus far and i hope to learn more from you in the future!
Mike

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
below polar circle.. in country which used to make
hope you keep the torch lit even on on your time off fyrstormer, short hiatus often does good.

i am basically in a break myself also.. i am pretty satisfied with the collection i have now. they do what i need them to do. and dont really need to upgrade anything at the moment. i have actually no idea what kind of new nice lights are sold now. the output of my current ones is still enough and the new stuff is not THAT much more to make a difference, i have different sizes and UI to use per task in hand..

i could take a year off easily and then return to see whats new and cool.. or until something i use breaks and need replacement. in reality, past few months i have only come in to check few random favorite threads. mostly here in cafe.

have to say, hope to see you here in cpf some day again fyrstormer, familiar nicknames make the place feel friendly and comfy.

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
Yes, life happens. I dont post nearly as much as I used to. Having two sub 4 year old children will tame the best of any flashaholic. :D

See you around. :)

flashy bazook

Flashlight Enthusiast
All the best to you and yours dear fyrstormer!

It's not really true that you haven't posted anything useful in months, you posted several useful things in just the Elzetta thread.

Maybe you got a bit tired because of the number of posts though. You joined the cpf club 2 1/2 years or so after I did, but posted more than 6 times as many posts (wow!).

Nothing wrong with taking a break, but when you come back, you will most certainly be welcome!

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast
Even though you might be taking a break from the flashlight forum, somehow I doubt you'll be swearing off flashlights altogether! It looks like you've got yourself some sweet ones that'll ensure you still enjoy them.

BTW, that main, larger light in his picture there, is that a Jetbeam Ti light with modifications, or is it a McGizmo?

Torchaddict

Newly Enlightened
frystormer, I'd just like to thank you for all your informative contributions to CPF. You definitely helped me (and a lot of others) out. Still carrying my modified Arc6 around. BTW, love your setup (the big light is a Jetbeam TCR2 with a custom bezel, there's also a Ti Aeon and McGizmo Sapphire there as well!).

druidmars

Enlightened
Yes, life happens. I dont post nearly as much as I used to. Having two sub 4 year old children will tame the best of any flashaholic. :D

See you around. :)

I took a leave for the same reason, although I only have one plus I had the PhD. Now that I came back I feel that the learning curve is even steeper heheh Anyways, it's good to be back and I hope you can return soon feeling the same way I do.

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I understand the OP to some point, I've lost a bit of interest as well, I am a serial mono-hobbyist, this has been one of the longest running hobby for me so far,
previous hobby were car modding, reef tanks, fishing, snow boarding, roller blading, montain biking,

I've always had only one hobby at a time, each one last a few years, and never gone back after I am done with a hobby. I haven't fond the next hobby so I am not at danger of quitting yet, but recently, it's been hard to motivate my self & go down to the basement for some reason...

nbp

Flashaholic
He never left :laughing:

Last Activity

Yesterday 12:32 PM

Note this is my time

Norm

That's because you have to pop in periodically after you leave to check out the nice things people say about you in the thread you started to talk about how you're leaving. I should start one of these too! ;)