Teslas quit charging in cold

Status
Not open for further replies.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Wish there was a moored law type calculation for the advancement of battery technology. I still say range will improve as well as temperature stability and charge speed

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Btw gasoline is scary dangerous if you ask me at least diesel seems more stable

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
NOT nearly as dangerous as batteries, gasoline fire goes out once you cut off oxygen supply, or put out the flames, batteries have oxidizer and fuel in them, like gunpowder, nothing can stop battery fire until it burn itself out.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Time is a funny thing im mid 50s and even my 30 seems like centuries ago. But it isn't long at all

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
An interesting question in this whole debacle is what would need to be done long-term to sustain EV-tech at least in urban areas where travel times might be around 20 minutes tops. It can't be expensive in terms of energy either or you'll completely kill off any gains from using EVs to begin with.
it takes me at least 20 min to find a parking spot in the city.....don't want to think of how much time I've wasted sitting in traffic.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
all this cold weather has me rooting for global warming!!!
I was so sure I had frost bite today omg worst motorcycle ride I have had in decades . Hands was the worst next year for sure I'm buying proper cold weather ridding gloves. . Or at least be smart enough not to ride on Uber cold days

raggie33

*the raggedier*
I suck at explaining my self or debate but a Tesla battery should last 200000 miles. I'd trust that battery more then I'd trust the amount of gas it will take to make a car trvel 200000 miles

LRJ88

Enlightened
NOT much really, just more chargers, even better multilevel parkings with charges for ev and plug in hybrids, this way no cold weather charging issues. dividers in case of fire, so it wont burn cars next to it, most of it already exist in urban environment, it should not be cost prohibitive to add cabling or even structures. it will even generate revenue,
Just more chargers isn't that easy to accomodate, you need more chargers, you need more power in, you'd need to redesign a lot of the city around the use of EVs just because of the issues inherent around having just a battery to propel you. Better multilevel parking houses is something one could wish for, but at the same time you'd need to reinvent the entire layout to not make them more risky, especially in case of fires where having one car catching fire can contaminate the floors above as well.

mrfixitman

Enlightened
Seriously, a million dollars?!?!?!? LOL
The total cost of starting a gas station can vary widely depending on factors such as equipment and real estate prices. The cost may range from $3.85 million to well over $10 million.
But gas stations sell something people want, while making little money and spewing filth. Hydrogen is just expensive and still made with natural gas. Electrical made "green" hydrogen is unaffordable. That is why people dump them after their "free" fuel card runs out.

mrfixitman

Enlightened
We did see a dashcam footage, it is a well documented issue... but of course anyone who believes it is guilty of FUD, LMAO.
I am not saying it didn't happen, I am saying it's as important as click bait. Good for Exon/Toyota who don't like EVs. This should be a headline "EVs five times less expensive than ICE cars" but that doesn't get clicks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts