The Malkoff Front Porch

whao

Newly Enlightened
There are several old ZFL heads available on Oveready site under RANDOM tab. I read the lens from Malkoff VME head lens and gaskets kit would work, but you will also need an o-ring between head and lens.

rgcurrey

Newly Enlightened
Hello all, I only have two Malkoff lights, one a drop LL I bought in 14' to go in an old G2 (that I still use today) and just a month or so ago I got a MDC HA TAC that is my current EDC light. I am really interested in the M61 HOT with a high/low head and a MD21700 body, just wondering what run times might look like compared to the run time with a single 18650.

Any help would be great, thanks.

F89

Flashlight Enthusiast
3500 vs 5000mAh, so about 43% more potentially.
Pulls around 2A or so on high at liion voltage.
On a guess considering losses, maybe around 1.5hrs vs 2 and bit hrs on high.

I'd like an M61HOT, my preference would be on an 18650 body.

I'll take another random guess and say around 150hrs on low (on an 18650)?

rgcurrey

Newly Enlightened
3500 vs 5000mAh, so about 43% more potentially.
Pulls around 2A or so on high at liion voltage.
On a guess considering losses, maybe around 1.5hrs vs 2 and bit hrs on high.

I'd like an M61HOT, my preference would be on an 18650 body.

I'll take another random guess and say around 150hrs on low (on an 18650)?
why the 18650 body? Just for feel in hand? I do like the looks of the tricap.

md17

Enlightened
why the 18650 body? Just for feel in hand? I do like the looks of the tricap.
The m61 hot with 18650 and thrym lpc disappears in the pocket and feels like it's not there, but the tricap won't work with the lpc

Last edited:

md17

Enlightened
The other setup I like even better, but it's bigger; is the md3 with a tricap and lumens factory pocket clip with the Md body extender grip ring. I had to play around with it a bunch to find the best configuration, but I took the o ring off the tail cap side, then put the pocket clip on, followed by the grip ring with the gap facing towards the tailcap. Then I had to use a plastic toothpick to get the o ring back on, followed by the tailcap. It will only be a pain to replace the o ring when the time comes, but nothing a needle or small tweezers can't fix.

IMG_5269.jpeg

IMG_5267.jpeg

Last edited:

ilikeguns40

Flashlight Enthusiast
That actually looks like a nice heavy duty gauge thickness of a clip compared to the Surefire clips I got awhile back from LF, they bent just by looking at them.

rgcurrey

Newly Enlightened
Well, I went and dropped an order for the Hot w/standard body and tail cap, two 18650 keepowers and a charger. Be fun to see the difference with my MDC HA TAC at night.

HermodsRide

Newly Enlightened
Looking at buying a maglite and drop-in adaptor for use on the nightstand. Having trouble deciding between a M91W and m61W.

The run-time on the m61 sounds nice, but the lumens on the m91 are also appealing. Anyone have one of these drop-ins? Or another drop-in you recommend for the 3-4 D cell maglite?

HermodsRide

Newly Enlightened
Looking at buying a maglite and drop-in adaptor for use on the nightstand. Having trouble deciding between a M91W and m61W.

The run-time on the m61 sounds nice, but the lumens on the m91 are also appealing. Anyone have one of these drop-ins? Or another drop-in you recommend for the 3-4 D cell maglite?
Also, as a follow up question...besides the 'neat' factor, any good reason to do this? Or should I just grab an m91 on md4? Both would make a good baton.

My nightstand lights are a Malkoff MD4 running a Super Hound Dog (neutral) head and another MD4 running an M91B (cool) with a hi-lo ring. As my eyes have gotten older, I prefer the added lumens of the 91 over the 61. I haven't owned a M@glite in years, but they would make a superior club in the 4D cell variety. My "batons" are a Glock and a Mossberg.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Also, as a follow up question...besides the 'neat' factor, any good reason to do this? Or should I just grab an m91 on md4? Both would make a good baton.
I have a 3D and I'm running a M91. The good reason to run it in the mag is the ability to use 2X21700 or now 2X 26650. Run times are huge. Also the adapter makes for a great heatsink.

md17

Enlightened

I have an m61w I use in surefires and the md2,3,4. My next purchase is an m91n. I would say get an md setup. You can always buy the mag lite setup anytime and have both available to mess around with.