The Malkoff Front Porch

md17

Newly Enlightened
Trying something new instead of a firefighter box light. I made two loops held by constrictor knots on an md4 and attached a strap to it. Not sure if there's any other way to do this or if something better is out there, but box lights are bulky. This is not. IMG_6022.jpegIMG_6021.jpeg

tech25

Flashlight Enthusiast
Around 15 years ago, I copied a Rescue Medics idea and used hose clamps to attach a sling to a 3D maglight (of course with a Malkoff drop in) that hung like this. I never had any issues. It's currently hanging from its strap.
Much slimmer than the streamlight and when wearing bunker gear it was not noticeable to the wearer. As with all hanging gear I did have to keep in mind when leaning over a patient not to let this hit them- I could have used a radio strap but didn't wear it too often.

ashman308

Newly Enlightened
I am somewhat new to the forum, not new to Malkoff's work though, have several of his drop ins for y older Surefires, but recently picked up one of his E2 heads to revitalize my old original E2. Since the clip was integrated to the old incandesant head, I used a pocket clip from a StreamLight 2LX, works well.

Attachments

• IMG_4351.jpeg
    IMG_4351.jpeg
    420.4 KB · Views: 71

Dicaeopolis

Enlightened
Does anyone else ever have problems with the KeepPower button top getting smashed down over time and the connection becoming erratic? I have some batteries that still hold a charge, but sometimes the spring probably isn't touching all the way. Maybe some solder or something on the end of the spring would help.

NH Lumens

Enlightened
Does anyone else ever have problems with the KeepPower button top getting smashed down over time and the connection becoming erratic? I have some batteries that still hold a charge, but sometimes the spring probably isn't touching all the way. Maybe some solder or something on the end of the spring would help.
Protected cells are often too long to fit the battery compartment. For the MDx series try using the Malkoff extender kit or just switch to IMR flat top cells.

md17

Newly Enlightened
I began my Malkoff journey mid year 2023 and only stuck to the md platform. I was recently thinking of an MDC (maybe AA or 16650), but then I realized I could make an md1 and 1.5 with the fivemega bodies which I just ordered 1 of each. I am going to try to get one of the 519a m61 drop-ins that Kosen is coming out with soon. Does anyone have a side by side of an md1 or 1.5 to any of the MDC models ? I am really excited about having a smaller MD model and still keeping it in the MD series.

Here is the Kosen website in case anyone wants to attempt getting the single mode 519a m61

Johnny Ryall

Newly Enlightened
I began my Malkoff journey mid year 2023 and only stuck to the md platform. I was recently thinking of an MDC (maybe AA or 16650), but then I realized I could make an md1 and 1.5 with the fivemega bodies which I just ordered 1 of each. I am going to try to get one of the 519a m61 drop-ins that Kosen is coming out with soon. Does anyone have a side by side of an md1 or 1.5 to any of the MDC models ? I am really excited about having a smaller MD model and still keeping it in the MD series.

Here is the Kosen website in case anyone wants to attempt getting the single mode 519a m61

1-4, size can vary in photo due to cren bezels

I like my 1 with a m361, its so good I got 2, one rides in the camper van
1.5 hot v1
2 red m61
3 sho & m91bn
4 m91t & hot v2

Attachments

• tempImagesWd7vN.png
    tempImagesWd7vN.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 45

Johnny Ryall

Newly Enlightened
Beautiful. I did just order the short clip from cloud defensive to try out also.

Where did you order a red drop in from ?
I think I tried the cloud, I might of went with these cause of camping with lighter shorts I didn't want to jack up the pockets, but I use the cloud clips on the bigger lights for sure.

The red I got on the second and threw a high low switch on it, it's a killer set up, trying to get kosen to do an amber next or if I can get wholesale pricing from gene with my tax ID number I'd even front the money for that project and not worry about getting pre sales.

1712188711562.jpeg

md17

Newly Enlightened
I think I tried the cloud, I might of went with these cause of camping with lighter shorts I didn't want to jack up the pockets, but I use the cloud clips on the bigger lights for sure.

The red I got on the second and threw a high low switch on it, it's a killer set up, trying to get kosen to do an amber next or if I can get wholesale pricing from gene with my tax ID number I'd even front the money for that project and not worry about getting pre sales.

View attachment 60101
I have to keep an eye out for a red malkoff. That is amazing.

md17

Newly Enlightened
So Christmas in April will be coming to my house soon. I have a fivemega md1 and 1.5 on the way as well as the 519a md61. I am looking for some suggested drop ins for the md1. I will likely put the 519a m61 in the md1.5. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Alaskantinbender

Newly Enlightened
So Christmas in April will be coming to my house soon. I have a fivemega md1 and 1.5 on the way as well as the 519a md61. I am looking for some suggested drop ins for the md1. I will likely put the 519a m61 in the md1.5. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
I used a Malkoff M30 with a hi-low ring in my MD1. It was a surprise/bonus drop-in that came with another light.
IMG_6976[1].JPG

Last edited: