The Malkoff Potential Group Buy Sounding Board

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would prefer a single mode Hyper Red but a multi mode would work also.

I think the M61 R makes a bit more sense than the M361, you can still have a good low with a H/L ring and where I see necessity for red lights, I also see the benefits of KISS.

But lets get some higher levels of interest regarding this and see what that larger group things!

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd like to see a 4000-4500K MDC SHO head. Even better if it was high CRI(the Nichia 219B SW45 R9080 would be awesome).

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

wicky998

Flashlight Enthusiast
A GB for some orange 1xaa bodies from gene would be sick .

I missed the last batch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

greatscoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the M61 R makes a bit more sense than the M361, you can still have a good low with a H/L ring and where I see necessity for red lights, I also see the benefits of KISS.

But lets get some higher levels of interest regarding this and see what that larger group things!

I think that an L or LL might be perfect, depending on the output.

fresh eddie fresh

Enlightened
Maybe I'm just not good at this Malkoff sub-forum, but I am not seeing the M61NLLLL group buy thread at all. How much are they going to be? I have five of the Oveready ones so if I can't buy one it is no big deal, but I would love to check them out if they are available.

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe I'm just not good at this Malkoff sub-forum, but I am not seeing the M61NLLLL group buy thread at all. How much are they going to be? I have five of the Oveready ones so if I can't buy one it is no big deal, but I would love to check them out if they are available.

That's because it's in the group buy subforum

thermal guy

Flashaholic

Out of Curiosity. What the attraction with a red light. I know they don't hurt your night vision and all that but when I was in the military and used them it was extremely hard to see anything.And it seemed like it put my dept perception way off.

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
List Updated

Group Buy for M61N LLLL HERE

Price is yet to be officially determined, should come in just under $50 or there-abouts.

Out of Curiosity. What the attraction with a red light. I know they don't hurt your night vision and all that but when I was in the military and used them it was extremely hard to see anything.And it seemed like it put my dept perception way off.

For me personally, something darkroom safe is really awesome. Otherwise, there aren't a lot of advantages, except perhaps in hunting (but IIRC green or blue is better for hunting). A lower output of white light will accomplish enough and allow you to see better than a single wavelength will at the same or even higher output. A large attraction to red lights is from the military/ navy/ onboard ships or near airports, where it's often mandatory to have only red light. On aircraft carriers you have to be SUPER diligent about even dim red light to not mess with landing lights and things needed for aircraft.

For these reasons I think an M61 makes more sense, and as GS notes, probably a L or LL to boot.

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
DotCPF,

Hey Big Chief, sign me up for the Platinum Dragon Hyper Red LED 660nm drop in, M61R LMH with standard McGiz reflector. I would also like a true green and blue to make a nice set. But for now let's start with Hyper Red.

Bykfixer...how about you? This would be nice for your Malkoff collection!

Plus, for all you long runtime Cats this would be for you as the run for a very long time. I had one run three weeks, and I finally turned it off and put it away.

Best,

RedLED

Last edited:

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
Red, I have a Nichia E17A if im right in red, and I am told that it higher cri than usual red leds seeing more of the spectrum or something like this.
I guess its hard to even tell.

Latest posts