The NEW New Malkoff 1600 Lumen Wildcat - beam shots added!!

Are you going to buy, or have you already bought one of the new Wildcats?

• Yes, I'll buy/have bought the new 5000K Wildcat

Votes: 41 63.1%
  • Yes, I'll buy/have bought the new Warm, High CRI 2700K Wildcat

Votes: 6 9.2%
  • Heck, I'm going to buy/have bought both!

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • I'm going to stick with my previous version Wildcat

Votes: 13 20.0%

• Total voters

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: The NEW New Malkoff 1600 Lumen Wildcat

I'm also waiting for either beam shots or detailed description of the light pattern. My guess is that it's totally unlike all previous versions, and more like an M60 MCE or Elzetta AVS with flood optic (with a lot more ooomph).

If we're really lucky, 880arm has one on the way, and will be posting a full review of it.

880arm

Flashlight Enthusiast

I love coming home to find one of those white boxes in my mailbox :thumbsup:

Yep, it's a single emitter Wildcat

FlashlightGuide_2059.jpg

And WOW, that MT-G2 is HUGE! (From L to R - Wildcat V4, Hound Dog V3, and Wildcat V5)

FlashlightGuide_2057.jpg

First time I've even seen an MT-G2. It's a monster

FlashlightGuide_2065.jpg

The beam is a very creamy white with only a hint of a hotspot. The pattern is about like an M91A on steroids!

880arm

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm also waiting for either beam shots or detailed description of the light pattern. My guess is that it's totally unlike all previous versions, and more like an M60 MCE or Elzetta AVS with flood optic (with a lot more ooomph).

If we're really lucky, 880arm has one on the way, and will be posting a full review of it.

My initial impression is that the Elzetta AVS comparison is a good one but that's just from playing around some in the house. No beamshots tonight (too much snow still on the ground) but I should be able to get some tomorrow night as long as the rain holds off :thumbsup:

Cerealand

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hopefully better heatsinking. If not, it would be cheaper to use a bezel you have already.

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast

I love coming home to find one of those white boxes in my mailbox :thumbsup:

Yep, it's a single emitter Wildcat

Ha!! I knew you'd be getting one.....just wasn't sure if you were lucky enough to get in on the first batches.

I'm having a hard time envisioning my M91AW with roughly twice the output. It sounds seriously impressive.

scout24

Flashaholic

Nice added beamshot in the first post, Dan... :) :eek: :twothumbs Looks like the aliens are landing...

Last edited:

P_A_S_1

Flashlight Enthusiast

That's floody. Beam shots comparing the Hound Dog XML2 with the new Wildcat would be interesting. Thanks for the pics.

Cerealand

Flashlight Enthusiast

Holy. Just when I convinced myself not to jump on the wildcat V5, you post that picture.

880arm

Flashlight Enthusiast

. . . Okay, folks. I pulled a few beam shots of some well known lights and added a couple shots from the Wildcat. :eek: . . .

Nice job with the beamshots. You have some awesome lights for comparisons :thumbsup:

. . . This one is more like 50 yards. I have to see the photos of how it appears in use, to see if I think it's something that I can use . . .

Like you already noted, this one is nothing like the previous Wildcats with regard to reach. I think it's fair to say it can reach 50 yards but I don't think it will go much farther than that.

I don't know where you are in TN, but if you can make your way up toward Bowling Green, KY I can let you try it for yourself!

Ha!! I knew you'd be getting one.....just wasn't sure if you were lucky enough to get in on the first batches.

I'm having a hard time envisioning my M91AW with roughly twice the output. It sounds seriously impressive.

I was very lucky. I just happened to browse through Gene's site 30 minutes before he sent the e-mail notification. My second thought was, "WOW, I need to let the guys on CPF know about this!" Of course my first thought was, "I better order one for myself before those guys on CPF find out!" :devil:

I haven't measured lux but I think the M91A (cool white) might have a little more throw (I use that term very loosely) than the 5000K Wildcat. In terms of tint and beam pattern, the Elzetta Charlie with the flood lens is the closest match I have, but of course it's not nearly as powerful. I wish I had two flood optics for the Elzettas so I could do a two against one comparison!

I really don't have anything that compares directly to the Wildcat so I'm trying to think up what I should use for beamshot comparisons. So far I'm thinking of the V4 Wildcat, Elzetta Charlie (with and without flood optic), OVEREADY Triple (Neutral) and the Hound Dog. I'm welcome to other suggestions.

Z-Tab

Enlightened

Thank you for the beam shots! That's a crazy amount of light. Of course, it's necessary for "dog walking." Safety first.

hron61

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thank you for the beamshots.
Just got home from work and mine was waiting for me and wow....now thats what i call a wall of light!! very happy with it. thanks mr malkoff.

RI Chevy

Flashlight Enthusiast

That light looks very nice, and the LED is HUGE! But I think I personally would prefer a 4000K tint MT-G2 much better. :popcorn:

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast

That really does look like a portable sun. Fully awesome!!

:wow:,:hitit:, & :sold:!!

callmaster

Enlightened

Wow, alllllll floood.

I might just need one of this lights.

Last edited: