The Official Malkoff Junkie thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've also got an engraved and a stickered M60, and mine are like thermal guys, though my engraved one has a slightly better tint and produces more lux, IIRC. I always thought that all M60s used the XRE-7090.

The Arisaka 300 arrived today. The head is engraved as MDC E1HT 2-3.2v. It doesn't deliver a single small point of light without spill. It's it's got a well focused inner spot that's surrounded by a corona three times the size of the spot. Outside the corona is a spill area that's roughly three times the size of the corona. After it gets dark this evening, I can measure the spot/corona/spill diameters at the same distance if anyone's interested.

The spot is roughly 1/2 the diameter as the E2ST's spot.

Yep, I think it's gonna work really well.....and I'm looking forward to the E2HT even more now.

I just performed a really quick random distance, across the bedroom lux comparison between the E1HT and E2ST (fed by a 16650). The E1HT slaughtered the E2HT. A more formal test will occur after dark.

Last edited:

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've done some more Malkoff comparing, and the E1HT (hyper throw?) is very similar to the original XP-E2 M61T, which I've used quite a bit. The M61T has more neutral tint, while the E1HT delivers a bit more candela.

The complete light with E1HT has sold out.

Last edited:

BrisketBBQ

Newly Enlightened
Morning,

I purchased the following Malkoff dropins from illumn for two MDC bodies with VME heads. I'm wondering if one of the pros have a general idea of run time with a fresh CR123.

I did look at the amazingly in-depth run time graphs, which may seem simple to interpret to some. I am a chef, I know how to cook stuff, yell at line cooks and price entrees. I "reviewed" those graphs for a while before posting, the phrase like a monkey looking at a donut comes to mind.

MDC Black CR123 M31LLL 219B V2 (15 Lumens)
MDC Orange CR123 M31LL219BV2 (50 Lumens)

E1M31Malkoff1.jpg

Thanks in advance.

Dave D

Flashlight Enthusiast
Morning,

I purchased the following Malkoff dropins from illumn for two MDC bodies with VME heads. I'm wondering if one of the pros have a general idea of run time with a fresh CR123.

I did look at the amazingly in-depth run time graphs, which may seem simple to interpret to some. I am a chef, I know how to cook stuff, yell at line cooks and price entrees. I "reviewed" those graphs for a while before posting, the phrase like a monkey looking at a donut comes to mind.

MDC Black CR123 M31LLL 219B V2 (15 Lumens)
MDC Orange CR123 M31LL219BV2 (50 Lumens)

View attachment 10284

Thanks in advance.

This below graph shows the runtime of the M31LL 219b on a single CR123.

https://i.imgur.com/CtvNyP0.jpg

It shows an output of 55 lumens for 4hrs 15 mins and then a steady decline in output over the next hour.

The below graph shows the output for the M31LLL running on a single CR123.

https://imgur.com/ApIAeHZ

I'm not familiar with this drop-in but the graph indicates an initial output of 52 lumens that quickly drops to 19 lumens over the first 10 minutes. It then continues at 19 lumens for 18 hours and then steadily declines until the battery is depleted.

The graphs are not the V2 versions as those are not listed, I don't know the difference between V1 and the V2 ones.

I hope that helps. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

arKmm

Enlightened
I've been wanting a Malkoff M61N for a long time and finally decided to pull the trigger on one. Because I live in the UK, the shipping cost is $55 which on top of the $48 unit cost and $20 import fees, means I really cannot justify the purchase as we're looking at about $120 for a P60!

Does anyone know of a UK or EU based Malkoff seller/distributer? Otherwise, I'm going to have to look at other brands and i'm not aware of anything comparable in terms of quality.

Random Dan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been wanting a Malkoff M61N for a long time and finally decided to pull the trigger on one. Because I live in the UK, the shipping cost is $55 which on top of the $48 unit cost and $20 import fees, means I really cannot justify the purchase as we're looking at about $120 for a P60!

Does anyone know of a UK or EU based Malkoff seller/distributer? Otherwise, I'm going to have to look at other brands and i'm not aware of anything comparable in terms of quality.
I would probably just put up a WTB thread and try to pick one up second hand.

340pd

Newly Enlightened
New arrival.
HD 18650 in Neutral.
I wish it were winter so it would get dark earlier.
Need a belt holster with flap. Thinking an M4,AR mag pouch would do the job but open to suggestions.
Malkoff_Hound_Dog_Flashlight.jpg

Last edited:

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Oh your going to love it. Great tint plenty of spill and enough throw that you shouldn't run into anything in the woods that you don't want to.

doctordun

Enlightened
New arrival.
HD 18650 in Neutral.
I wish it were winter so it would get dark earlier.
Need a belt holster with flap. Thinking an M4,AR mag pouch would do the job but open to suggestions.

I just went through this a couple weeks ago and several posts ago. I got a recommended Maxpedition 5" Flashlight Holster. Works great.

Jimmyboots

Enlightened
Nothing new from Malkoff but did finally get a battery order in. Took over a month but so far seems worthwhile.

ScoItgE.jpg

RamTuff

Newly Enlightened
And a shout out for Gene's other new product release, the weapons light to hand held adapter.

Uw7oQP9.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.