The Official Malkoff Junkie thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone know any details (or have personal experience) with the E1HT and E2HT heads offered by Arisaka?

The lux figures spec'd are quite impressive, most likely at the expense of most (too much?) of the spill.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Wooo! that E2HT is impressive. I'd buy the whole light just to get that head. Imagine that on an E2E body?

I had no idea he was working with another company.

Last edited:

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
He's worked with Arisaka for a few years. I'm weak for Malkoffs, so I ordered a 300 series.

I have planned for over a month to get an E2T (been out of stock), and went there tonight to see if they're available yet, and saw the new info.

I've got an E2/Scout attached to an M600 body, but am definitely interested in an E2HT. The E2 has spent quite a bit of time on an E2L Outdoorsman body.

TomK85

Newly Enlightened
Just ordered my first Malkoff! A HD 18650 Neutral in the turnkey package as I needed an extra charger. Needs to go all the way to Europe so hope it will be here fast. For 55$ shipping fee, it better be ;)

ven

Flashaholic
thanks Ven, I am looking to get a Potted P60 E21A made and in an MD2 if possible that.

thank you for the pictures.

If the maker can use a shell that fits surefire, so similar to the malkoff/edc+ and sportac types(not like the solarforce)then the ring should not need opening a little.

Dave D

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wooo! that E2HT is impressive. I'd buy the whole light just to get that head. Imagine that on an E2E body?

I had no idea he was working with another company.

How can the E2 Super Throw/Scout M600 2CR123 High Output Head produce only 20,000 lux with 750 lumens, yet the E2HT is quoted as producing 30,000 lux from 500 lumens?

Both use the TIR lens, something doesn't sound right to me! :thinking:

Last edited:

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
If the maker can use a shell that fits surefire, so similar to the malkoff/edc+ and sportac types(not like the solarforce)then the ring should not need opening a little.
It's easy enough to open up the hole in the ring.
I used a Hole Expander that I bought on Ebay......

Reamer.jpg

The work of moments.
P

thermal guy

Flashaholic
How can the E2 Super Throw/Scout M600 2CR123 High Output Head produce only 20,000 lux with 750 lumens, yet the E2HT is quoted as producing 30,000 lux from 500 lumens?

Both use the TIR lens, something doesn't sound right to me! :thinking:

Both are tir but I'm sure there differently designed. The E2HT most likely has like no spill. It's just all throw. That's what I would think is doing it.

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Both are tir but I'm sure there differently designed. The E2HT most likely has like no spill. It's just all throw. That's what I would think is doing it.

This seems exactly how the performance was reached. Their website sates, "[FONT=&quot]The new Malkoff E2HT heads utilize a TIR lens that focuses the beam and produces[/FONT][FONT=&quot] 30[/FONT],000 lux[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]at 1 meter and 500 out-the-front lumens. This provides a tightly concentrated beam for maximum distance, with a small amount of spill f[/FONT][FONT=&quot]or close range and peripheral lighting.

For a rifle mounted light that'll be used outdoors at 30 plus yards (not indoors at 3 feet), M61 levels of spill isn't really required (but definitely welcome if possible)..

[/FONT]

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
ok, so I am looking to have a P60 Built and fitted into an MD2, maybe an E21A or Optosolis single mode as it is. has to be latest HCRI.

I am not so sure if this would work, a single emitter or a triple, and best parts for it.
I am ready to order from Gene, and wondering what I need from him to help complete this all and worth it.
it is a MD2 or I may try an Okluma DC2 Triple.
any direction appreciated.

thanks.

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks Peter - the 22.3 head is that different then to the normal or CREN MD2 head?.
I also notice the clip is different on that TriCap.
I know Gene now sells a prometheus clip but that fits differently.

thanks.

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 22.3 has a wider opening than the regular one, which is 16.5mm.
That's an Oveready Triad with an OR Clip. The tricap is very nice though, not as heavy as the Triad, plus it's a clicky and I like twisty.
P

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
I get you now. very nice. I am talking to Gene about a plan.
thank you so far, and everyone.

The 22.3 has a wider opening than the regular one, which is 16.5mm.
That's an Oveready Triad with an OR Clip. The tricap is very nice though, not as heavy as the Triad, plus it's a clicky and I like twisty.
P

doctordun

Enlightened
I'm trying to justify getting a Bodyguard V2 18650, since I recently got the Hound Dog 18650. Is there a comparison thread somewhere between the two?

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast

thermal guy

Flashaholic
I'm always swapping my Malkoff modules around an I'm thinking of putting my m91B in my 9Z. Problem is I'm worried about the lexan lens in it. Think the M91B puts out more radiant heat then a P90?

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I presume an IR thermometer would tell me if an M91A makes a glass lens hotter than a P90. I've got all of the former.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Ir won't work on glass though. Have to put tape or something on it.

Nope your right it will read glass temp. I was thinking of it not working properly on a shiny surface.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.