The Official Zebralight Thread .

ilikeguns40

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anything can break if dropped in the right place. My lights have taken some hard drops on concrete, just all depends. One guy dropped his SC64 like 12 stories down an elevator shaft and it still worked

Edit: 36 stories

Last edited:

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anything can break if dropped in the right place. My lights have taken some hard drops on concrete, just all depends. One guy dropped his SC64 like 12 stories down an elevator shaft and it still worked

this guy dropped his Zebra 36 stories, and claims it still works:
media
9dyowit86tx91.jpg

it seems to have lost its lens and bezel ;-)
and its not going to fit a new lens regardless...

its probably not water resistant anymore.. lol

indigon

Enlightened
Seems like a slightly thicker lens, maybe 2mm and a beefed up SS Acebeam/HDS style bezel would help a lot.

-Edited to add: Not a great pic, but here's a sc65c/64c with an old Novatac vinyl tailcap that actually fits pretty well over the head and still has access to the switch for added drop protection. Just experimenting..
64cap.jpg

Here's a little better angle:
(I put some double-sided stickum tape inside cap).
1000005234.jpg

Last edited:

indigon

Enlightened
Gotta have that high CRI. I'd probably prefer it in 4500-5000k but the 4000k is very nice. Definitely a winner in my book
I'm with you, prefer a little higher temp but this 719A 4k SC65c HI is surprisingly nice. Perfect throwy beam, nice tint and excellent Hi CRI 😄.
Highly recommended to those on the fence..

Last edited:

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
I may have missed this a long the way, but has it been determined which is more desirable, between a modded 64w Hi/64c LE with a 519a vs the newly released 65w Hi with a stock 719a?

ilikeguns40

Flashlight Enthusiast
I may have missed this a long the way, but has it been determined which is more desirable, between a modded 64w Hi/64c LE with a 519a vs the newly released 65w Hi with a stock 719a?
I think it's mostly just preference considering they are all nice leds. To put things simple let's just say this SC65 HI hasn't left my pocket since I got it. $89 for a stock offering with this 719a is a win in my book
IMG_9661.jpeg

Last edited:

Megalamuffin

Enlightened
I think it's mostly just preference considering they are all nice leds. To put things simple let's just say this SC65 HI hasn't left my pocket since I got it. $89 for a stock offering with this 719a is a win in my book
View attachment 50600

Does the higher intensity of the 65c 719a compare favorably to the higher output numbers of the 64c le with LH351d?

I'm considering getting the 65c, but I also still would like to have my 64c swapped to a 519a for a warm color temp. I wonder if that would make both lights too similar?

Megalamuffin

Enlightened
The SC65 I would say performs just as well as my SC64w HI outdoors especially on H1. SC65 just has a more throwy beam and is similar to the dedomed 519a. The stock 4000k SC65 is on the warmer side and looks very pleasing to the eye IMO.

Thanks. It sounds like if I get a 519a put in my sc64c le I won't have much of a reason to get an sc65.

My money would be better spent on an sc600w mkiv hi than on an sc65.

Latest posts