Time to get another weapon! BUT WHAT!?

daytec

Newly Enlightened
dpms lr308b you will not be sorry.....marty
iown an cetme {cetme }the loudest gun i have ever shot

Last edited:

cchurchi

Enlightened
I've been waiting for someone to say that, haha! I think a Sig 556 SBR would be a lot of fun (loud, though)...

Now this is loud! It a 7.5 inch barrel shooting 5.56mm. Forgot to put my ear plugs in once and I thought I was going to be permanently deaf.

imga0055a.jpg

Patriot

Flashaholic
Now this is loud! It a 7.5 inch barrel shooting 5.56mm. Forgot to put my ear plugs in once and I thought I was going to be permanently deaf.

I LOVE IT CCHURCHI!!! LOL!

Ditto on the short barreled .223 sonic impulse. I have a couple of 16" 308 with flash suppressors but the 16" barrel .223 with built in compensator is still louder for some reason. When I'm at the shooting range the 16" .223 sometimes makes the car alarms in the parking lot chirp and my .308's don't do that and I'm not sure why. In any case, the 7.5" barrel is a riot, if for nothing else the fun factor. Great pic dude. :cool:

cchurchi

Enlightened
I LOVE IT CCHURCHI!!! LOL!

Ditto on the short barreled .223 sonic impulse. I have a couple of 16" 308 with flash suppressors but the 16" barrel .223 with built in compensator is still louder for some reason. When I'm at the shooting range the 16" .223 sometimes makes the car alarms in the parking lot chirp and my .308's don't do that and I'm not sure why. In any case, the 7.5" barrel is a riot, if for nothing else the fun factor. Great pic dude. :cool:

It's definately the most impratical firearm I own, and strangly, one of the most fun to shoot!:laughing:
I think .223 might sound louder then .308 because of the barrel diameter- but I'm no expert. In the case of rifles, the biggest factor is the muzzle device. Flash suppressors seem pretty quiet, but a .223 with a compensator is very loud. The loudest I ever used was a mini Y-comp. Didn't set of any car alarms though.:sssh:

Sway

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just a few words about the Beretta 9mm Cx4 Storm I recently acquired (blaming it on this thread) This little carbine comes with a Picatinny/Weaver top rail and a side accessory side rail that works perfect for a flashlight in 1"/30mm rings. I took stock of a few lights and parts I have on hand and hung a Dereelight DBS V2 off the left weak hand side it's just perfect for thumb activation.

I tried it out at a local indoor 25 yard range today and put 100 rounds through it and the DBS didn't flinch a bit as a weapon light, I know that's not much BUT I'M IMPRESSED!

Using the sights and doing a 15 round dump at 25 yards 3" to 4" groups were easy even with my bad eye sight…..well really that's pretty good for me not being able to see the front sight with my glasses on and when I take them off I can't see the target….It's a getting older thing you know :shrug:

Aiming off shoulder and just using the hot spot of the DBS MOP reflector was dead on in the 10X of a B27 target at 5 yards, 15 yards opened up into the 9 and 8 ring but the spot was getting washed out by the range lights to try any farther and there was too many folks there trying out Christmas toys to ask for lights out.

I need a lights out round with the DBS smooth reflector….Don't think I will need to hang a laser or red dot on it for home defence use "KISS" :devil:

jl5pp4.jpg

dhd2jr.jpg

Later
Kelly

Last edited:

Patriot

Flashaholic
Congrats Sway!

It's a great little carbine, especially in 9mm and so much fun to shoot. One of my favorite things about it is magazine availability. It's just so convenient to shoot and enjoy. :) That DBS would probably be too big for me but if it works for you, that's all that matters. Good choice of scope rings to hold the light as well. They look strong and clean.

LukeA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Whatever you end up getting, be sure you have $280 left for one of these and the right mount:

IMG_0103.jpg

IMG_0104.jpg

(dot is not really that large, it's just bright. under that light pointing into relative darkness)

I just sighted it in today, and it's like cheating. No steel plate is safe from the 'plink!'

Patriot

Flashaholic
The MSAR is a much more refined and better gun than the original aug. You didn't miss much other than the exclusivity of owning the Styer and possible investment value. Like you, I also wanted one before the styer prices went from $900 to $2500 over night back then.

get-lit

Flashlight Enthusiast
The engineering is quite a feat. They've managed to fit an 18" barrel with a longer chamber and magazine for the 308 in a smaller package than the AUG with a 223. Plus the grip is positioned back further so that the typical arm doesn't have to stretch to wrap around the gun like the AUG. The trigger is the smoothest yet for a bullpup. It has great modular features and it is designed to be fully broke down very easily. It's also fully ambidextrous, which alleviates the issues that have kept bullpups out of most militaries. It's the only bullpup that can fire around both left and right corners without exposing the body, and can be used by both right- and left-handed people without modification or disassembly. It's a true modern battle rifle.

I just wish is came in 223 as well for home defence, because 308 is some serious over-penetration.

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Christo_pull_hair.gif

I blew the head off of one of my short-rail screws for the Storm today.
I tightened them too much. :scowl: I keep screwing till it gets tough to turn but I guess these can't handle that. I break screws too often, I guess I should tone it down.

The thread on them is very fine. I want to replace them with something a bit stronger than the stock screws.

fieldops

Flashlight Enthusiast
One of my firearm regrets was passing on buying a Steyer AUG in the late 80's. When I can find the cash I would like to buy one of these:

http://www.msarinc.com/stg556_sporting.html

I'm with ya. I had a new one offered to me for $600 NIB because he was short of cash....:mecry:

I was a darn fool. I had the same offer for 2 HK94A3s for $900 for the pair.

Good thing I'm not a stock market player.....There would be an open window with the curtains blowing....people wondering where I'm at.....:shakehead

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
Man, you are all SOOOOO LUCKY :D

I live in NYC and I'm lucky to have my Glock 23.
Those are some nice looking weapons!

cchurchi

Enlightened
Well, I decided to take my own advice... Just picked up these 2 new additions to the armory and 2 AAC suppressors are in route. More ideas for the OP!

dsc01926r.jpg

1wrx7

Enlightened
Christo_pull_hair.gif

I blew the head off of one of my short-rail screws for the Storm today.
I tightened them too much. :scowl: I keep screwing till it gets tough to turn but I guess these can't handle that. I break screws too often, I guess I should tone it down.

The thread on them is very fine. I want to replace them with something a bit stronger than the stock screws.

Were you able to get the rest of the screw out?... I hope so, that's a PITA. Try using a little blue locktite and a little less torque. More importantly... any closer to a decision on your new toy? I keep waiting for a post with SOCOM pics, someone has to have one in stock.