Time to get another weapon! BUT WHAT!?

Ras_Thavas

Enlightened
I'm with ya. I had a new one offered to me for $600 NIB because he was short of cash....:mecry:

I was a darn fool. I had the same offer for 2 HK94A3s for $900 for the pair.

Good thing I'm not a stock market player.....There would be an open window with the curtains blowing....people wondering where I'm at.....:shakehead

Ack, that hurts. Someone I used to work with turned down an MP5 in the early 80's because they were asking $1800 for it.

We all live and learn.

I did manage to score this in the late 80's.

hk_91_outside%20%28Medium%29.JPG

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Not what I was looking for but for the price I don't think you can beat it anywhere.
:D

http://www.gggaz.com/index.php?special=112
Here are the facts about the Dominator-1:
Mil-Spec Forged 7075 Aluminum A3 Upper Receiver With Correctly Cut Feed
ramps For Military Type M Barrels.

Complete With Forward Assist And Ejection Port Cover.

Upper Receiver is T-marked

A2 Back Up Iron Sight With Locking Detent.
16 Inch Set Up Includes Chrome Moly M203 Contoured Barrel With A 1-7 Twist Rate And Flash Hider. Barrel And Chamber Are Hard-Chrome Lined.

Mil-Spec Gas Tube And Delta Ring Assembly.

Flip Up Front Sight With Locking Detent Mechanism, Bayonet Lug And Ambi Sling Swivel.

Tactical Modular Forearm Complete With Rails And Foregrip Panels, Standard or Free Float Version.

Recoil Cross Slots Of Upper Receiver And Tactical Modular Forearm Are Sequentially Numbered. (T-Marked)

Aluminum Components Have Been Type III Hard-Coat Anodized Matte Black Per Mil-Spec.Steel Components Have Been Manganese Phosphated Matte Black Per Mil-Spec.

Fully Assembled And Headspaced, Bolt Group and Charging Handle Included In This Sales Special.

Ras_Thavas

Enlightened
The MSAR STG-556 and STG-E4 are deeply discounted now, about half price from 6 months ago. I just placed an order for a STG-556.

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast
Every Glock needs a friend. How about the greatest hand gun of all time?

Springfield 1911 Loaded. Now to get some G10 grips and a new trigger :naughty:

utf-8BSU1HMDAwNzAtMjAxMDAxMTYtMTQ0O.jpg

Just wait until HK sells the 416 to the public. Some day :(

Kindle

Enlightened
I'd like a Sig 556 (want to try a piston designed AR not a kit or conversion)

If you want a piston AR why are you looking at the Sig? It's a great gun but doesn't have much in common with Stoner's baby.

How about a Para TTR? I know it isn't a true piston but I have the original ZM LR-300 and it's probably my favorite AR.

pttr.jpg

If you just gotta have a short stroke piston the Addax GPU is a very refined design and isn't ridiculously overpriced like many.

Last edited:

Christoph

Flashlight Enthusiast
After much reading comparing and justifying I believe that I will get me one of them thar CX4 Beretta's I have a Glock .40 so that makes thinks simple.

Sway

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ack, that hurts. Someone I used to work with turned down an MP5 in the early 80's because they were asking $1800 for it.

We all live and learn.

I did manage to score this in the late 80's.

hk_91_outside%20%28Medium%29.JPG

Like you I bought in the 80's, an A2 and A3 but sold both of them in 91 (ironic) when I started to build my house, every dollar counts you know or does it….."Buy the best and cry only once" is haunting me right now looking at your A2….

That Bon of a Sitch is sweet and making me think if "I had all to do over again" well all I can do now is :mecry: and be envious!

Thanks for posting the pic, at least I can live vicariously :D

Cheers
Kelly

Last edited:

Ras_Thavas

Enlightened
Got my STG-556 in the other day. Have not had time to shoot it. I want to take it to an outdoor range, but the snowpocalypse has prevented that so far.

It fits in the shoulder beautifully, can't wait to shoot it.

Here is a crappy pic.

msar_stg_556%20%28Medium%29.jpg

Sway

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very nice pup! :rock:

What kind of optic are you using and how does is weld up with the STG-556 height rail?

I'm on the waiting list for an E4 and still trying to decide what I want to run but I'm leaning toward some kind of Aimpoint at the moment.

Cheers
Kelly

Ras_Thavas

Enlightened
Very nice pup! :rock:

What kind of optic are you using and how does is weld up with the STG-556 height rail?

I'm on the waiting list for an E4 and still trying to decide what I want to run but I'm leaning toward some kind of Aimpoint at the moment.

Cheers
Kelly

It is a cheap ncStar scope I picked up at a gun show. Cheek weld is fine, but the eye relief on it is not so good. It's just a temporary solution, have already decided that I am going to put a Trijicon TA33 ACOG on it. I am just waiting on the money to appear :)

paintballdad

Enlightened
Sarge, sorry if this is a thread hijack but i need some feedback regarding some of the weapons already mentioned here.

Need real world feedback on the following rifles. Please post your impressions if you have any experience/knowledge regarding these rifles or something similar. Haven't owned a 5.56mm chambered rifle since i sold off an Olympic Arms CAR-15 and an H&K 630 in the early 90's (stoopid, stoopid, stooopid!). Looking to pick one up now before the fecal matter hits the ventilation device and kinda miss shooting a 5.56mm rifle. I do have plenty of handguns and own a bolt action 22lr Savage Mark IIBV and a Sig 522LR, so i do have firearms experience.

Here's my short list:

Sig 556 (my 1st choice but that can change)
http://www.sigsauer.com/Products/ShowCatalogProductDetails.aspx?categoryid=35&productid=271

Ruger SR556 (not a big Ruger fan but have heard some good things about this rifle)
http://ruger.com/products/sr556/index.html

Smith & Wesson M&P 15
http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/...selected=tech&isFirearm=Y&parent_category_rn=

Stag Arms Model 3
http://www.stagarms.com/product_info.php?cPath=13_22&products_id=208

Any other rifles chambered in 5.56mm that you guys can recommend?

Last edited:

Sway

Flashlight Enthusiast
For AR's you may want to have a look at the list, it's an excellent reference that helps to explain some of the differences between manufactures of the M4 type but doesn't include the Ruger SR556 you will have to dig that one up. It should help you narrow down what you are looking for by specs and price.

Edit:
Ruger SR-556 Spec Sheet

Cheers
Kelly

Last edited:

Paladin

Enlightened
I've been happy with the M16/AR15 platform for over three decades. Absolutely do NOT need another rifle. But last week the wife was shopping in a thrift store, and I went next door to check out a gun store I rarely visit.

Dang, they had almost every model of the Sig556 on the market. Prices reduced to adjust their inventory levels. And a $300 rebate. Arrgghh, the temptation was severe. Then the wife said I should get one.

Still resisting, but I will probably at least go back and fondle the basic Classic model again.

Paladin