Two gens of the LED Maglite Solitaire?

bykfixer

Flashaholic
The 3 Solitaires……
Edit: Actually as turns out left one on the left is a 47 along with the middle one. The one on the right is a spectrum warm.

DFB21-C0-E-27-F6-4-A96-A704-F173-CA4677-B5.jpg

Last edited:

Chicken Drumstick

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks. So it looks like your 37 lumen model has a dome on the LED? Does that mean there has been 3 gens of the LED Solitaire?

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I guess you could say 2 gens of cool beam and a warm beam version that puts out around 32 lumens.
All three have a dome. I took the pic with a celphone in fairly low light. I'll try to get a better one in sunlight tomorrow.

It looked to me like the 37 and the warm LED's are a bit smaller than the 47 lumen. I was hoping the photo would show that.

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 3 Solitaires……

DFB21-C0-E-27-F6-4-A96-A704-F173-CA4677-B5.jpg

Are you sure the silver one is 37 lumens?

The original 37 lumen LED was the Luxeon C, not sure what the 47 lumen is, but they are easy to tell apart by the size of the hotspot if you have both to compare.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Double x the silver one is my oldest LED solitaire. I presume it's 37 lumens based on that and post 63 I did a while back.
I know the blue one is 47 because I just took it out of the package. The blue one in post 63 is hanging by the light switch in what we call "the blue room" because it has blue accents. The "red room" has a red solitaire hanging on a nail by the light switch.

I have several LED solitaires around the house and frankly I can't tell one beam from another. I did not note on any of them which was which because when I bought them I did not care if one was 37 or 47. I cared about where to put the nail it would hang from.

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I saw where my favorite Maglite parts dealer zbattery has some 37's in stock for $11 and even had some in the cart. Then the voices said "but you have that warm spectrum one, screw the cool beam ones" so listening to the voices I emptied the cart.

I probably have a 37 stashed away somewhere still in the package, but as of today have no idea where.

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Double x the silver one is my oldest LED solitaire. I presume it's 37 lumens based on that and post 63 I did a while back.
I know the blue one is 47 because I just took it out of the package. The blue one in post 63 is hanging by the light switch in what we call "the blue room" because it has blue accents. The "red room" has a red solitaire hanging on a nail by the light switch.

I have several LED solitaires around the house and frankly I can't tell one beam from another. I did not note on any of them which was which because when I bought them I did not care if one was 37 or 47. I cared about where to put the nail it would hang from.

If you can't tell them apart by the beams, they must be all 47L - the 47's spot is about 4X the size of the 37's.

Maybe we could get some more people to post their serials and what LED that their Solitaire has, based on the photos to narrow down when Mag made the LED change?

Truthfully not a huge difference for practical purposes, but I like the extra throw of the 37 lumen....I have a spare stashed away just in case I manage to destroy or lose the one I carry everyday (like I almost did a while ago). So far it is still going strong, except that about all of the black is worn off as are the little striations on the grip.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I'll know in a few days double x.
Z battery was down to 17 warm solitaires, 1 red 37, a few silver and a few gray. No black or blue or other colors. So I have a couple more warm and a couple of 37's coming.

I spent a while searching through my flashlight stashes and found 0 new in package 37 lumen solitaires. And none hanging around my house have a flat LED. I have incan ones in all sorts of cool colors and promo packages and plenty of 47's.

One year I gave away some at Christmas so that must have been where they all went. At one point my local WalMart had them for like $7 so I bought all they had one day, like 6 or 7 or something. Geez I thought that silver one was my oldest LED solitaire. I'll go back and edit post #81.

Last edited:

TwiceFuzed

Newly Enlightened
Thread revival…. I ordered a couple 37 lumen solitaires from Zbattery. I have two 47's to compare them to when they get here.

TwiceFuzed

Newly Enlightened
Do the heads of the 2aaa still thread on the solitaire?
I just tried this with my 2aaa 100 lumen led and one of my 47 lumen solitaires, the 2aaa head is too big to fit the solitaire and the solitaire head is too small for the 2aaa.