What did you use this Halloween?

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Happy Halloween everybody!

I took my Girls out trick-or-treating and used a Malkoff MD3 with a hi/lo ring mounting a M91. I also took about 2 dozen glowsticks with me and randomly passed them out to the kids we met along the way. We had a grand time.

Ahh the flashlights of the masses still amuse me. Though they aren't what I would leave the house with you have to give them credit for having a flashlight. Still a lot of cheap incans in use out there. Maybe 5% of the groups had a light.

I love Halloween!!!

Thanks for sharing.

kelmo

StarHalo

Flashaholic
2D Mag with aged Terralux TLE-300 drop-in; it was only marginally brighter than my brother-in-law's stock LED Mag, but mine had the very handy Flash-Cap taillight which is perfect for walking on/near the street. My backup Zebralight SC600 stole the show output-wise though. I seriously need a better Mag drop-in..

scout24

Flashaholic
Oveready triple on 2x18650's for runtime. So very unassuming on low... :) Lots of low powered blue tinted 3xAAA's in my neighborhood with the occasional incan Mag. Much quieter than recent years, but we did have a bit of rain.

Chadder

Enlightened
I carried and used my surefire E2DL at my Church trunk or treat. I had my fenix pd22 clipped in one of my front pockets and my maratac AAA rev 3 in the other. Oh I almost forgot I had my fenix PD 20 in my jacket pocket. I took my surefire backup out of my other jacket pocket because I thought it was overkill. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

TEEJ

Flashaholic
I didn't go trick or treating....I had carved a pumpkin the night before though, and tried a variety of lights in it, and on Halloween settled on an Armytek Wizard Pro inside the pumpkin, on low. I also tried a candle and a small coin cell lamp...but the Wizard burned all night and was still at 4.09 v.

:D

10597059816_c591f62391_b.jpg

10610795035_0a9f2d584c_b.jpg

10610823554_c9264596e6_b.jpg

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast
Had my Quark Mini on stobe in the window.
My SPY was backlighting a witch sillhouete in another window.
Carried my Tri-V when we walked the dogs after the kids had left. Needed to ensure they didn't grab any dropped chocolate from the trick or treaters.
My daughter ( In University), entered a pumpkin carving contest. She carved a Minion from Despicable Me. Since no candles were permitted, she used her Wee to light up her Minion and win the competition.

ven

Flashaholic
Nothing mega here,just small,used my crelant v11a(had my xeno in my coat too)and my lad had his little smiling shark 3xAAA whilst we went trick or treating.
2nd pumpkin as only seem to last a few days

But they do get everywhere.......

TEEJ

Flashaholic
Nothing mega here,just small,used my crelant v11a(had my xeno in my coat too)and my lad had his little smiling shark 3xAAA whilst we went trick or treating.
2nd pumpkin as only seem to last a few days

But they do get everywhere.......

Like your rig.

BillSWPA

Enlightened
I used my Surefire E2DL, on low most of the time, but turning it on high when crossing busier streets.

My daughter carried a plastic light sword with various LED's throughout its length. It was cheap to purchase, and so cheaply made that I will be surprised if it outlasts its first set of alkaleaks, but it made her very highly visible to traffic.

Just read about a child dying after being hit by a car in the Houston area while trick or treating. That is one time when being seen is far more critical than seeing.

TheVat26

Enlightened
I had my Klarus xt2c, wife Klarus RS11, Mom had the Duracell 3C Light from Costco, and Dad had a 5.11 Atac a1.

unrealtincan

Newly Enlightened
Happy Halloween everybody!

I also took about 2 dozen glowsticks with me and randomly passed them out to the kids we met along the way.

kelmo

That is an excellent idea! I saw very few people with any type of light. Very hard to see folks.

My 3 kids all had light wands. I carried my Nitecore SRT 3 from my neck with a lanyard. Put the diffuser on it with the light running in police mode. Did the job nicely.

adubbz

Newly Enlightened
I used my L3 Illuminations K40 Thrower. 3 x 18650. God, I love that light. Very fun, but probably should have taken something with a little more flood to it.

erknjerk

Newly Enlightened
I was at work but my wife stole my L2n with a nailbender XP-G2. Nobody hurt.

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used the strobes on my Fenix L2D Q5 and my Olight T25 R5 for a Haunted House at work. Worked out pretty well.

Blue Lantern

Newly Enlightened
I used my new Maglite 3-D Cell LED flashlight. The neighborhood has very dark areas it lit the street up. I had to keep it pointed way down make sure I didn't blind any trick-or-treaters.

If there's a better flashlight for the price (currently around $20 on Amazon) I'd love to know.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
If there's a better flashlight for the price (currently around $20 on Amazon) I'd love to know.

The Mag 2D PRO is almost twice as bright as the standard LED 3D model, and is in most places roughly the same price. And your local Home Depot has some Defiant 3C models that are brighter still, ranging from $20-30.

BillSWPA

Enlightened
I also took about 2 dozen glowsticks with me and randomly passed them out to the kids we met along the way.

I missed this on my first look at this thread, but agree with other comments above that this was an excellent idea. Thank you for keeping a couple dozen kids that much safer. I will have to remember this for next year.

buds224

Enlightened
TK41 with a diffuser to strobe our windows for a poltergeist effect.

PD35 for trick or treat lighting. Amazing the contrast between it and other lights around our area.

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't have kids and I'm wayyyy past the age for trick-or-treating, but had this huge idea last night:

AT THE PRICE OF BASIC FLASHLIGHTS NOWADAYS, WHY DON'T ALL STORES SELLING HALLOWEEN CANDY SELL 1$ FLASHLIGHTS ALONG WITH THE CANDY????????????? (better yet, just boost costume prices by a dollar and give'em away!!!!)

I do drive home on Halloween night and notice how some street corners can be dangerous for kids crossing the street. even for conscientious grown-ups for that matter . Please tell your retailer they should sell (fresh and new) dollar flashlights or light sticks in the same aisle as the Halloween candy!!!! I've bought dollar store flashlights with 5mm LEDs, batteries included, that lasted for at least a year before any leak and could light for a good 5 hours straight. Even 2 lumens could save lives on Halloween night. Worst case scenario, they should put an expiry date on the light so no one goes around with a POS that will die midway on the following year's All Hallows eve.

Sorry for being a party killer (or thread-jacker), but that is the sensible truth, period.

And in the end, we are flashaholics... if you have kids trick-or-treating at your door and none of them have a light, give them a dollar light with or instead of candy... I bet they a whole paycheck won't hate you for it and probably will think you're the coolest around! Kids like lights, start them on flashahol early (Okay, that part was just a joke... but who knows how many lives that could save on the long run?)

Last edited: