What is the real story on the LC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Datasaurusrex

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
chevrofreak said:
I posted this in the underground but I believe it is relevant enough that people up here read it as well. I had the number of 100 lights incorrect though, it should have been 200 which will slightly alter the figures, but not by enough that it really matters.

edited slightly for language

[ QUOTE ]
As I was discussing last night, $300 per light, minus the paypal fee of $9 leaves Tactical Warehouse with $61, they use FedEx at a charge of $8 which I assume is inclusive of packaging fees leaving $53 "profit". I can't remember exactly what the agreed CPF cut was, but I seem to remember numbers like $400 and $750 from the Revelations thread. Dan was to pay that out of his cut as well. A $400 donation on 100 lights makes it $4 each, a total of $49 left for Dan, and $750 would be $7.50 per light would leave Dan with $45.50, that is by several individuals calculations less than 1/3 of what Charlie profited on the light.

Dan was indeed acting like a jerk the last months or so, but I can understand a bit why, Charlie was #&*@ing him over from the start, he had this whole thing plotted out right from the day they partnered up.

Charlie made more on the lights he sold personally than Tactical Warehouse did on the limited editions.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it would be interesting to find out from the machineshop just how many units were ordered. If there was 500 then Charlie is one sick twisted individual.

[/ QUOTE ]

Chevrofreak, this is a clear violation of the underground rules. If folks want to find out info about this issue above ground they can go to the Revelations Thread Otherwise they can go read the underground themselves, not your selective reposts from the underground.

And Chevrofreak, why not keep your ignorance to yourself, you have no idea who made what when and how much.

Billson

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
XFlash said:
[ QUOTE ]
Sasha said:
CPF has not received it's "cut" from Dan/Tactical Warehouse. However, Charlie sent it... despite my protests.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't believe anyone could question Charlie's integrity.

[/ QUOTE ]

There seems to be more to this than it looks on the surface. Maybe you should make a visit downstairs to find out more.

Charlie's gesture is very nice indeed but it really wasn't his responsibility to fulfill. If TW has indeed decided to leave CPF, the least he can could is tie up the loose ends first.

Datasaurusrex

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Billson said:
[ QUOTE ]
XFlash said:
[ QUOTE ]
Sasha said:
CPF has not received it's "cut" from Dan/Tactical Warehouse. However, Charlie sent it... despite my protests.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't believe anyone could question Charlie's integrity.

[/ QUOTE ]

There seems to be more to this than it looks on the surface. Maybe you should make a visit downstairs to find out more.

Charlie's gesture is very nice indeed but it really wasn't his responsibility to fulfill. If TW has indeed decided to leave CPF, the least he can could is tie up the loose ends first.

[/ QUOTE ]

Frankly imho the underground info is just trash, you'll find better info by reading Revelations Thread

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
3rd_shift said:
Dan: No I am still not paying. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
Charlie: Then I'll pay it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon8.gif
Sasha: No I don't want it from you Charlie, I want it from Dan. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rant.gif
Charlie: Take it, or I'll shove it down your throat. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
MR Bulk said:

Actually Beam-y, the "line" went pretty much almost like that. And the e-mails from me to Sasha when I was making the offer, were actually sent BEFORE the Revelations thread - just in case anyone still believes there was some "angle" from me on this.../ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
raggie33 said:
hey can we please make it known every where that charlie did this kiind gesture.so people know the true kinda person he is.he is a true gentlemen [/i]

[/ QUOTE ]

Mr Bulk,
Please clarify that you did not say this (or anything along these lines) to Sasha.

This (raggie) is not something a gentleman would say to a lady no matter what the situation, especially a Veteran LEO! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Billson

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's not really for anyone to say. CPF members are smart enough to judge for themselves what to make of what is said.

Whose to say the "trash" info would not have been posted on the revelations thread if it hadn't been locked. If it were, would it then not be considered "trash"?

When people like Don and Jon start talking, people usually listen and few would consider what they say trash. Since no one has come out to refute what they have said, then it usually stands as having more weight than anything not said.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
beamhead .charlie didnt say that .do you realy think he will say something like that.dont get me started in the am

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Raggie,
read the quote from Mr bulk....he did not refute it then and he has yet to refute it.
I can't believe he would say that and I posted so and still no refuting it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i assure you charlie wouldnt say that to anyone muchless a women.i dont think any of the reglers here would say such a thing.or at least i hope not.

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
3rd_shift said:
That was revision #4. or was it #5? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif
But I'm happy with it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Beamhead, read what 3rd_Shift posted - it was the 4th or 5th revision. What I read originally was nothing like that. I will let Sasha relate, if she cares to, what was actually said, or perhaps allow me to post my actual e-mails.

And BTW, apology accepted.

Datasaurusrex

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Billson said:
When people like Don and Jon start talking, people usually listen and few would consider what they say trash.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, I listened... and I apprehended that Don clearly has a personal agenda. It certinaly appears that he has a vested interest in making a bigger issue out of this 'issue' than it needs to be.

Just read all the posts, and note that not a single person (including Don) could offer an intelligent reply to bwaites posts

I also realized, as I 'listened' to all the complaints, that if the grievances which have been lodged against Charlie (in the revelation thread and underground) are true... then many others are just as guilty as he is of the same sort of action. I'm not talking about TW, but rather I'm talking specifically about Don, admin/mods, and other modders, et cetera. TW did wrong, if Charlie did wrong then it seems a lot of other people do too on a regular basis -- because they all regularly do the same sort of actions that Charlie was accused of.

It's a combination of the pot calling the kettle black and some folks who have personal grudges to work out. There's no resolution to this, just a bunch of bad blood, and the topic probably should be either buried or seen all the way through.

Datasaurusrex

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
JonSidneyB said:
How much more was really paid for the CPF ones than the bare ones? I know there were extras added and that some of these extras should add to the price as well as the CPF cut. But if we adjust that, how much more did these really cost?

How many lights are there? Were they all made at the sametime? This might be related to the question on how some were in circulation before the PrePay ones. Perhaps they where beta test lights which might be a good thing.

What is the story on the Titanium ones?

Maybe if these questions can be answered some people can move on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Jon,

How much do you pay your wholesaler for your batteries and charger?

What's your mark up?

What are your gross sales to CPF members?

What's your net on CPF sales?

How much do you donate to CPF? what percentage?

Do you actually advertise anywhere else besides CPF and maybe Ebay?

Did you partner up with TW on the overcharge scam?

and lastly, what's it to you how Charlie runs his life? It's as relevant to YOU as all the above questions are to ME.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, just trying to show that you have about as much right to pick apart Charlie's buisness practices (and relationship to CPF) as I do to pick apart yours.

If you want to know how another company operates, then buy it.

And btw, read that relevations thread again... most of the complaints lodged against Charlie are for making money on CPF... seems you also do that. If that's a big issue then there's a lot of targets to go around.

diggdug13

Flashlight Enthusiast
Data,

as much as I DO NOT WANT TO POST, I believe you have summed up every thread concerning this issue.

[ QUOTE ]
There's no resolution to this, just a bunch of bad blood, and the topic probably should be either buried or seen all the way through.

[/ QUOTE ]

doug

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Folks - I'm not sure how long this thread will be here or "unlocked". I realize that Sasha has visited above and is indeed aware of this thread.

I will respectfully remind you that she asked that all conversation be limited to the "Revelations" thread.

The startup of more name-calling and baiting WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. Some members have already been warned. I'm certain that further violation after a warning WILL NOT RESULT IN ANYTHING POSITIVE!!

<font color="red">Changed my mind! I'm locking it now, will take it to the other Admins & Mods and will let Sasha decide if any action needs to be taken!</font>

Status
Not open for further replies.