What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

CaNo

Flashlight Enthusiast
The best light I bought was a zebralight h501w. Why, because it's used on a daily basis as a reading light for which it is perfectly suited.

That light is so easy on the eyes! It def is one of my favorites for late night reading! :thumbsup:

pmek5

Newly Enlightened
Peak Eiger 2XAAA with Level 6 Head (medium), and momentary switch. This one goes in my workbench in the garage, and will be used often. Peak build, and quality are very nice. USA made! :twothumbs

NewImage.jpg

Abyssos

Newly Enlightened
I like the neutral tint of my Preon 2 so much that I just ordered neutral white Quark mini AA.

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
About 2 weeks ago, I bought what I thought was a 6th Gen L1 (10/65 lumen version)...turned out being a 5th gen (1.1/22 lumen), at no fault of the seller. Normally, I'd get rid of it, but I really like the idea of 90 hours of runtime with such excellent UI...

So, I kept it, and just bought a 6th Gen L1 (I hope???)...one of the best EDC's out there...this is just to replace the 6th gen I gave my brother last year...he had a rough year, and needed a good light to "brighten" his spirit.

Now, just waiting for the LX1...sigh...

jtblue

Newly Enlightened
I bought a surefire 6P LED (KX4) a few weeks ago just to see what the hype over surefires were and all i can say is ..... WOW.

Been using it heavily almost everyday since and have started wearing off the anodising; just love the look of a beat up light :grin2:

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, I just got a KX4 a few weeks ago and slapped it on my new Z2...nice indeed! If you like the feel/build of your 6P, you need to try one of the HA finished lights next...C2-HA comes to mind.

vasp1

Newly Enlightened
Just received a Solarforce L2P and 3-Mode drop-in.

Why? I was strongly influenced by all the positive words on this site - and it was a good price.

Xacto

Enlightened
Last purchase was a Surefire 6P Body with Wolf Eyes D26 Drop-in (100%, Strobe, 20%, 2%). The Reason? I wanted a flashlight with a easily reachable Strobe. And since I just can not get enough of the SF6P Design, it had to be this combo.

Cheers
Thorsten

Dave_5280

Newly Enlightened
Another Energizer High Tech Keychain Light since the batteries went dead in my old one and the batteries were $6 at Target, but they had a new light for only about $7.

rckshrk

Newly Enlightened
Fenix PD30

Wanted a second one to keep in my car and this one was being offered at a great price in the marketplace. Now if only the mail man would just hurry up and deliver the thing.

Schuey2002

Enlightened
Icon Rogue 1.

Picked it up at Radio Shack yesterday for $20. Why did I buy it? It was on sale, and I wanted another AA light to play with. It's really a nice little light for the price.. :)

22hornet

Enlightened
The last light I bought:
Fenix LD01 R2, because I once lost my old cree L0D CE and hadn't reolaced it yet.
These little LD01s are actually quite amazing. A few years ago such output was associated with a Surefire E2E, Aviator or Centurion C2.
We have come a long way...

Kind regards,
Joris

CaNo

Flashlight Enthusiast
A Ra Clicky 170 custom.
Why? Because I needed a durable and trustworthy EDC light and gleaned from those "in the know" that the Ra would fit that bill.

So far, it has done just that.

Just ordered a High CRI Executive Clicky. It'll be a while before I get it because the dealer is going to make a leather holster for it.

This'll be my first Ra light and my first high CRI light (and my first CR123 light that isn't mounted on a firearm).

I decided to get it mostly out of curiosity. It's one of the more expensive EDC lights out there, yet absolutely nobody has anything bad to say about it (not even that it's too expensive). On a forum where everything has its detractors, it's intriguing to me that everyone seems to agree that the Ra clicky is a superb value, even at its impressive price point.

If it lives up to its reputation, it'll be replacing the L-mini II Q3-5C, H501w, and Quark AAw that I've been rotating through for EDC.

Does anyone have any recommendations on what I should use as a spacer to be able to charge the RCR123s in my Pila IBc charger?

--flatline

I am not going to lie... I do miss my Ra Clicky! Just something about being able to press that button instead of twisting it like my Twisty... bah!! This thread is trouble!!! :nana:

Captain Spaulding

Enlightened
Just purchased my FIRST and SECOND custom!

Why? Because I was finally able to sell the ring that my ex-fiance gave back to me when she left! :party:

A Delghi Iris in Orange with Vanilla scented rubber switch boot:
web.jpg

And The PhotonFanatic Ti Killer in black hematite ALTiN PVD:
web.jpg

lovecpf

CaNo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just purchased my FIRST and SECOND custom!

Why? Because I was finally able to sell the ring that my ex-fiance gave back to me when she left! :party:

A Delghi Iris in Orange with Vanilla scented rubber switch boot:
web.jpg

And The PhotonFanatic Ti Killer in black hematite ALTiN PVD:
web.jpg

lovecpf

I just hope these flashlights don't remind you of her...

Captain Spaulding

Enlightened
I just hope these flashlights don't remind you of her...

not a chance!

having that diamond ring hanging around the house did of course, but these lights, and the 4 new tires I put on my car absolutely wont!

Im past the grieving stage anyway. Im looking forward only, and these lights will help in looking forward! (especially in the dark) :D

CaNo

Flashlight Enthusiast
not a chance!

having that diamond ring hanging around the house did of course, but these lights, and the 4 new tires I put on my car absolutely wont!

Im past the grieving stage anyway. Im looking forward only, and these lights will help in looking forward! (especially in the dark) :D

Haha! Good man. Well put. :thumbsup:

After all, it is your money! :naughty: