What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

WeBeDivin

Newly Enlightened
I bought 4 Fenix E21 on Black Friday. The store has them @ $14.99 each. Kept 2 and gifted 2. I think it is a great light for the price.

Foot Hill

Newly Enlightened
Most of not all my lights are edc aaa
Streamlight stylist, fenix ld01, 4 7's preon...you know the small useful and practical ones!
Well I got tired of being so practical and just received my TM26..3-3500 lumens. With built in charger and batt. & Charge/run time display.
(Very fun light and great for night walks)
PS. I had to use my Stylist to help find power receptacle when plugging in the tiny monsters charger behind bed headboard.
The practical lights will always be my Favorate.

Scooby214

Newly Enlightened
I bought 4 Fenix E21 on Black Friday. The store has them @ $14.99 each. Kept 2 and gifted 2. I think it is a great light for the price.
Wow! That is a fantastic deal. I have an E21 sitting on the table beside me. I thought I got a good deal when I paid $28 for mine. Definitely a great light, and especially for $15.

Scooby214

Newly Enlightened
A repeat purchase: Fenix E35. Very useful light in so many ways. It doesn't have the best specs, but it's cheap and easy for a 18650 powered light.

Hot Brass

Enlightened
Just bought a Fenix PD-12.This is my second Fenix (TK-41),but my first CR123A powered light. I bought it so I can carry in my pocket for when I walk at night.MyTK-41 is a tad too big!
I love the light,but if you need to turn it on in the dark and you have to reach for it in your pocket,the power button is very hard to locate,unless you are lucky enought to hit the button first off,or you are looking right at it and can see the button. Maybe Fenix should raise the button up some or make it out of some kind of raised rubber,so that you can at least feel where it is. Better yet make it a tail-clicker. Hot Brass

Last edited:

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
I picked up a Shining Beam I-Mini with the dual bodies for AA and CR123, I use the AA body. It is carried daily in the second pouch of a dual magazine pouch. Have had it for several months and am very pleased.

Why? Because I wanted a 1 cell AA light to go in my mag pouch which had decent power for "tac" uses and it fit the bill plus t gave a CR123 backup body option.

Last edited:

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surefire T1A Titan,haven't even got them yet!

Why? Because they are finally on the price range where I told myself I would if they ever dropped that far!

I am excited to see how they are.

olemil

Newly Enlightened
My last purchase was a Xtar B20 Pilot. Why, because I have a spare 18650 not being used and looks like a decent light for $37. It'll be here on Monday, can't wait to check it out.

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast
Armytek Wizard Pro Wide. I needed a second headlamp because the Surefire Minimus Vision is a great light but really burns through the batteries when on full output. Awesome light BTW.

moshow9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not a purchase but a trade. This just came in today. :D

2013-12-23151836_zpsba10ffb8.jpg

2013-12-23151919_zps08fafb92.jpg

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not a purchase but a trade. This just came in today. :D

\
2013-12-23151919_zps08fafb92.jpg

moshow9, that beam looks slightly warm - has that light been modded? Nice grab - beautiful light - low serial number!

I just received my latest - a McGizmo 6V High CRI Haiku with 119V emitter driven at 1.4A. Man, oh man. It's a real winner. My 4th McGizmo with the 119V - mule, AA Haiku, Haiku and now this one. I suppose you can say that I love that emitter.

This one puts out 180 lumen on high and has the nicest tint and beam shape in my collection. Just under double the output of the 'regular' 119V Haiku.

Why? Should be obvious. More of the goodness that I already enjoy from the other Haikus with 119V emitters!

Last edited:

tvsinesperanto

Newly Enlightened
A LED Lenser P17.

It's a big sucker (315mm long) & as heavy as a Maglite 4D (799g) but I'm really not very impressed with it to be honest. The volume of light it puts out (220lm) is, quite frankly, pathetic for a flashlight of it's size &, more importantly, price. Even taking into account the fact that it only runs on alkalines. You can get twice that output from a tiny EDC light like the Olight S10-L2/S20-L2 Baton which are 1/5th the length & 1/10th the weight. It also doesn't have any of the modern features you'd expect in a light of this price, just the 3 light levels & that's it. It isn't even waterproof.

The P17 fine for general use around the house but you obviously wouldn't EDC it unless you're Arnold Schwartznegger's muscle-bound brother. It's probably even too big to be convenient as an in-car backup. I purchased it specifically for household use though & it's certainly up to that task. The fact that it runs on 3x D-Cells means that it has a large energy capacity (a run time of 480hrs on low) which is an advantage over smaller lights & I especially find the fast focus system to be very handy. I'm always switching from flood to spot & back.

Still, I'd be feeling pretty ripped off if I had parted with the full RRP of AU$200+ for it. Luckily, I managed to get it for AU$90 from the "King of Knives" shop at Moore Park Supa-Centre in Sydney which was closing down & selling stock at well below cost. I still feel like I paid too much though, considering what else is out there.

Incidentally, I also picked up a cheap pocket folder at the same time (A "Lebendwell Adventure Blade" - A cheap Chinese knock-off of the Smith & Wesson ExtremeOps) which I'm fairly happy with considering I only paid $11 for it. I have no illusions about it's quality but it holds a decent edge & has taken some pretty nasty abuse with good humour.

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got a 4Sevens Preon P2 with a high CRI neutral white Nichia 219B in it. I had been wanting to pick up a Preon for awhile as well as something with the Nichia high CRI emitter. I also picked up the parts to convert it into the single cell Preon, but so far the 2 cell set up fits fine in my pocket.

JimLob65

Newly Enlightened
Been out of the loop for a while, but recently bought three! I received for X-Mas a FourSevens Maelstrom MMR-X Regen, and in the meantime bought a Quark Turbo QB2L-X with boost and a Fenix TK-22 gray special edition, which I really like. The lossless orange-peal reflector makes for a real nice beam, the finish is really attractive and the side switch is very convenient. I have a fenix LD-35 on order.

Calemerson

Newly Enlightened
Olight S15 Baton, just wanted to try it compared to my Jetbeam BA10. Looking for a jammy light. The dog likes to snooze in the way in the middle of the night.

Stainz

Enlightened
Mrs. Stainz gave me a S-F M3LT-s, bought locally on the same half off sale as I bought my Invictus, for Christmas. Keepers, all!

Stainz

rmkilc

Newly Enlightened
The last LED lights I bought were the Fenix PD22 and PD35. These are also my first LED lights, and I have to start somewhere. :)