whats do ya fear revisted

Zackerty

Enlightened
Photon Wrangler...
+-120 feet from a pylon, with a rope, but the rope stretched as it was supposed to do, but became a tad too long...Irish Bungy jumping some might call it!

yuandrew

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm, as a child, I've been afraid of the dark and kept a night-light in my room and a mini-mag near my bed but now obviously, I've outgrown that.

I'm still afraid of thunderstorms; especially the thunder part

Car accidents; maybe that's why I still don't drive (I'm turning 19 this June!)

Heights; well, I might overcome it if I'm really careful when I'm approaching where the "edge" is.

Tornadoes, even though I'm in California

Sometimes, I feel nervous walking under transmission lines; I hear the buzzing and get the feeling that a giant spark would come down and hit me like a bolt of lightning

On the other hand, my mom is always afraid of people knocking at our doors (even if it's our neighbor) and fire or robbery (She sometimes asks me when we leave the house "Did you remember turn off the stove or oven and is the front door locked ?" and then one thing she really fears is who I meet on the internet (She has heard so many stories on the news about kids meeting strangers on chatrooms and then later getting abducted)

She always askes me "What kind of "chatroom" is <insert forum or message board here>?" and "Who are these people you're talking to?"

I know many parents are protective though

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
[ QUOTE ]
yuandrew said:
...Sometimes, I feel nervous walking under transmission lines; I hear the buzzing and get the feeling that a giant spark would come down and hit me like a bolt of lightning...

[/ QUOTE ]
It's not that I'm afraid of a spark, but that the wire itself or an insulator might break, causing the charged wire to come down on or near me.
I drive my electric wheelchair under what I believe is a 69KV transmission line almost every day, and almost every day, I look up at the wires hoping something doesn't become broken right at that very moment. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Oh yeah!

Trying to get "The Beast" moving fast enough not to get rear ended when getting on 59 from a dead stop is quite spooky too!

Uncle's 99 F250 with a 5.4 Triton does it quite a bit better!