whats ya faverite drink?

flashlight_widow

Enlightened
Fester - Of course I know Picard likes Earl Grey, hot. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Earl Grey and Irish Breakfast, both with sugar and a tad of cream are some of my favorites. I also like many fruit teas - black currant, especially.

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
My favorite drink is ice water.

But the Vernors connection brings back great memories. I remember, as a kid, enjoying Cream Ale, a concoction served in a conical paper container at the Vernors factory in downtown Detroit. Much like what Raggie referred to in his first post, it's Vernors ginger ale with a large dose of cream added. Oh, and then there's Chocolate Cream Ale; it also has shot of chocolate syrup. Yum!

Paul

Saaby

Flashaholic
.4 M H2O (s) + .6 M H2O (l)

I think I got that right. Been 2 years since Chemistry.

Anyway, ice water. About 40% ice to 60% water.

UncleFester

Flashaholic*,
Paul W
I would never have thought of mixing Vernors with a dairy product. I suppose it's one of those things a person would have to try before making a judgement!!
Edit. I'm not sure, but I think Rags meant the Vernors OR milk at different times. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

verbie

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
ksbman said:

Not quite 6' 6", 47 years old and still growing.

In the last 10 years I've grown an inch taller, shoe size increased one size, and shoulder size is now making me start to buy XXXL-Tall shirts. I can still fit in my XXL-T coats.

[/ QUOTE ]ok, gonna start drinking a gallon of milk everyday /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

verbie

Enlightened
UncleFester: i believe a person can drink that much water if you're working outside, especially during summer time. i was thinking of a normal person, couching inside all day long /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

water in houston suck too. filtered water is good /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

and what is chocolate Rice Dream?

flashlight-widow: never tried lapsang souchong. is it interesting good or interesting weird? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif me no like weird, hehe.

y'all are making me want to try Verners beverage. never heard of that brand before

verbie

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
raggie33 said:
lol i think ya are suposed to drink at least 1 gallon a water a day.

[/ QUOTE ]no, 8 glasses of water a day. a gallon has 128 fl. oz, so that makes 16 glasses of water.

UncleFester

Flashaholic*,
Verbie
I was gonna try to explain Rice Dream when I realized they might have a web site.
http://www.imaginefoods.com/pages/products/ricedream.php
I like the chocolate enriched version.
My volumous water consumption is because I live in the desert near Phoenix AZ. 110* summer days are not uncommon. Interesting you're contrasting me against a "normal" person. You must have some kind of secret spy network that has told you I'm not normal. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

verbie

Enlightened
uncle fest: so, it's a milk alternative? does it taste like milk? wouldn't soy milk be better for you?

and no, i wasn't calling you "not normal" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif i was thinking more along of "normal" as a not so active, perhaps couch potato person who works in an office or building most of the time, hehe. ok, that isnt normal, it's unhealthy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

UncleFester

Flashaholic*,
Verbie
Is is in fact a milk alternative. It reminds me of the taste of milk. That's one of the reasons I like the chocolate (besides being a chocoholic).
I also drink soy milk, especially since I can get it at Costco for a reasonable price. In fact I use soy milk on my shredded wheat in the mornings. Sometimes if I drink a lot of moo juice, I have some lactose intolerance problems that don't need to be discussed.
I just thought you discovered the secret that I'm abnormal /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif

AbnerCadaver

Banned
Any of you oolong tea drinkers ever try Ti Kuan Yin. You owe it to youself as I find it to be one of the most aromatic of the oolongs. Also, loose tea is the way to go on this one. I have never had a "satisfying" cup of oolong in tea bag form. Prices on the 'net are rediculous for any variety of Ti Kuan Yin. A quick trip to a chinese market locally proved this as I pay only $5 for 10 oz box of high grade Ti Kuan Yin. Cheaper grades run approx $2 per 10 oz. box.

Regards,

Abbie

verbie

Enlightened
uncle fester: hmm.....now that we all know you're abnormal, how about listing us the reasons why /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

abnercadaver: yes, i've tried it. it is rather good. i prefer to get my teas at a tea shop /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

flashlight_widow

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
UncleFester said:Interesting you're contrasting me against a "normal" person. You must have some kind of secret spy network that has told you I'm not normal.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know that a secret spy network is required to figure that out. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
verbie said:
flashlight-widow: never tried lapsang souchong. is it interesting good or interesting weird? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif me no like weird, hehe.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I think it depends on what you consider good and what you consider weird. (Isn't that a helpful answer?) Lapsang souchong is black tea with a very dark, smoky flavor. It isn't sweet at all, so if you prefer fruit teas or things like Earl Grey, you *probably* wouldn't like it. But, on a cold winter day it's delicious and very warming.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Just looked at RiceDream's site. Looks like a nice beverage but it only has one gram of protein per serving.
That seems a little low compared to milk.

UncleFester

Flashaholic*,
[ QUOTE ]
verbie said:
uncle fester: hmm.....now that we all know you're abnormal, how about listing us the reasons why /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You remember that guy in high school that got good grades in science and math classes that nobdy ever really knew, but everybody liked to make fun of? Well, GUESS WHO!!!/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif Only now it's 30 years later.

FLASHLIGHT WIDOW seemed to figure it out some time ago. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
Boy, I didn't know there were this many tea totalers in the world.

My first choice is a good Mai Tai, but you can only find a good one in Hawaii (or at my house). Second choice is a Long Island Ice Tea - you can get a passable one most anywhere.

If we're talking beer - anything German, preferably dunkle - I'm talking German domestic, not German export (although even German export is better than any major American beer). There are, however, starting to be some excellent micro-brew beers - I had a great Porter the last time I was in Colorado.

One of my favorite beers is Budwizer - the real stuff from the Czeck republic, not that American swill by the same name.

Of course then, there's all sorts of wine choices - my taste tends toward dry red.

Now that I've broken the ice, let's hear from some of the non-tea-totalers.

UncleFester

Flashaholic*,
JIm H
I disagree with you about a passable Long Island Tea being available anywhere. It seem there's some kind of pre mix available at most drinking establishments. They have an artificaial aftertaste that reminds me of bubblegum. I do have a lot of respect for a "hand poured" Long Island Tea. About two of those will pretty much meet my quota of ethanol for one evening.

Flashlightboy

Enlightened
Saphire martini, 3 to 1, dirty and straight up.

'63, '70 or '77 Fonseca will also do nicely.

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
UncleFester said:
JIm H
I disagree with you about a passable Long Island Tea being available anywhere. It seem there's some kind of pre mix available at most drinking establishments. They have an artificaial aftertaste that reminds me of bubblegum. I do have a lot of respect for a "hand poured" Long Island Tea. About two of those will pretty much meet my quota of ethanol for one evening.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guese I've just been lucky. Of the ones I've had drinking out - some were outstanding, most were acceptable (between high mediocre to okay), and a few were pretty pathetic.

If you try to get a mai tai in Norway, they'll say "love to if I could get get the ingredients", but if you order a Long Island, they'll give it their best shot - usully not too bad.