What's your favorite surefire LED?

FredM

Enlightened
I like the L4 for small size, output and versitility to run on 1 or 2 cells.

The KL1 and KL3 are super nice camping lights though due to incredible runtime.

Luxman

Enlightened
Easily the U2. Bright and very versatile with many levels of intensity. I still like my e2e+KL1 gen4 a lot though..

Pellidon

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have an older KL3 on a 6P body and a new KL7 that I like. My old Kl1 is ok but not that exciting.

magic79

Enlightened
L2.

I find after using 2 stage (or more) lights, that feature is very important to me and the L2 is the only one with a stock 2 stage feature.

It's plenty bright on low for most tasks, and just a bit more pressure gives me 100 lumens. Plus, it's not as tight of a spot as most other lights, which I find perfect for investigating noises around the house or general use. And, at OpticsHQ it's only $129.

The only downside for me is the length, and it's not too bad.

fieldops

Flashlight Enthusiast
The U2 is my favorite. It is quite versatile and feature full. The light is expensive, but is a real performer.

greenLED

Flashaholic
SF U2: about the right size, multiple levels, really bright, can use rechargeables

next in line,

L4: smaller, really bright, 2 levels (with McGizmo switch), can use rechargeables

Pwdrkeg

Enlightened
SureFire U2 - A small well machined lithium powered variable
projector of bright white photons with functional simplicity,
magnificent design, a tough exterior finish and a warranty
that is one of the best in the business. It can also be used
with rechargeable batteries such as the Pila 168A.

My next selection is my new model L1 !

U2 - Love It ................................................... :naughty:

FredM

Enlightened
fire-stick said:
How come some of these light can be used with rechageables and the others can't?

One reason is some lights have to small of an inside diameter and the bigger rechargable 123 batteries cannot fit. L1 and L2 models fit in this category.

Another reason is voltage issues. R123s make up to 4.2 volts of the charger so it can ge dangerous for some lights.

FluffyGrunt

Enlightened
L7
Bright and white, whitest of my led lights. Rechargable, no worries of wastin those pesky 123s. No clips, combat grips or other "features" to get in the way and snag on things. Very simple switch, both contacts are at the front of the battery and go directly to the bezel springs, not a whole lot to go wrong. Plus it's quite perty too!

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
L4 with a McE2s with 10ohm resistor. Perfect light to use with Pilas, which makes the rechargable SFs obsolete, and its small size means you can take it with you anywhere, hey, after all the best light is that one that you have with you right?

NotRegulated

Flashlight Enthusiast
I only own the KL1 heads (old and new) and the L4. Out of these two I would have to say the L4.

The L2 looks good too but I don't own one so I won't comment.

I like the versatility of the L4 or KL4 head. You can use it on one or two cell bodies. You can use R123's or Pila's in addition to CR123's. You put on a McGizmo two-stage tailcap with different resisters for a custom level of low-end brightness. Take it off and put on a clicky too.

cobra-ak

Newly Enlightened
E2L, not too bright but bright enough for outdoors and working in dark machinery type spaces.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Only Surefire LED I've ever owned was an old KL1 but I've played with almost all of them... I think...

I think for something to carry in my pocket, my favorite is the E1L/E1E+KL1 and for something more floody, the L2, preferably with the 2 stage switch. Actually, I think something like the KL4 head that would run well on 1 R123 cell with a high and low mode would be my ideal Surefire LED light.