Your thoughts on Malkoff MDC AA

bignc

Enlightened
Just for grins and giggles, I may have to try my incoming M91B drop-in in this setup. Not much runtime, but it will be glorious while it lasts. ;-)

This sounds like a solid plan. :)

I have gone to the M61T as an Edc but I do keep a soft spot for my Mdc vme combos. I always love your pics of those combinations.

greatscoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really like the 1 x 123 with VME, it's a touch long for my tastes with the AA body. I have a mule on my AA (not pictured, LOL).
d49o6cs.jpg

Last edited:

NH Lumens

Enlightened
Where did you get the lens? Fitment the same? I don't care for the acrylic.

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]https://www.flashlightlens.com/index.php?app=ecom&ns=prodshow&ref=ucl_lens

Select the 22.61mm x 1.90mm size. This will also fit the MDC heads and the 16.5 MDX heads.[/FONT]

bigfoot

Enlightened
My favorite Malkoff MDC remains the 1CR123 body with a VME head.

Probably mentioned this before, but it was your awesome pics that sold me on the MDC CR123 / VME / M31W combo. :thumbsup: Just replaced the M31W with the M31L 219B and it's sweet little utility light.

NH Lumens

Enlightened
Probably mentioned this before, but it was your awesome pics that sold me on the MDC CR123 / VME / M31W combo. :thumbsup: Just replaced the M31W with the M31L 219B and it's sweet little utility light.

Thanks for the compliment! I am waiting for the M61L 219B to become available again to drop into mine.

Jimmyboots

Enlightened
Im a big fan of the Malkoff AA platform, it can be very versatile. The 1AA was my first Malkoff and still one of my most used.

qZbunAB.jpg

From left to right I have a E1T with Eneloop AA, a M61LL 219 with a Keepower 14500, and a AA MDC with a Eneloop.

Rstype

Flashlight Enthusiast
Might be a little off topic , and probably only a dream, but I have thought since there was a TI VME head made.... why not a titanium MDC? Wouldn't mind it being either a single 123 version or AA version. Probably not practical, but cool right ?

now back on topic, I do have still a Malkoff mdc 1x AA version with the original deep carry clip. So many adventures that went on. Sad when he switched over to the newer style clips.

5S8Zh5

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice. Orange is the new black.

Im a big fan of the Malkoff AA platform, it can be very versatile. The 1AA was my first Malkoff and still one of my most used.

qZbunAB.jpg

From left to right I have a E1T with Eneloop AA, a M61LL 219 with a Keepower 14500, and a AA MDC with a Eneloop.

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
So I jumped on a deal from a forum member and picked up an MDC AA in cool white which was the very first "high end" light I ever purchased. Back in the day couldn't believe people would spend over $100 for a light. I got my first one used for $75 I believe and this one for $55 shipped. Had to get it. Just arrived and happy to say that it most definitely has a sub lumen low low mode which some of the newer offerings have been missing. I also noticed that this one has the older head rated for 1-3v rather than the current 1-2v. Anyone know why gene changed these? Anyway great light as it's always been and I'm happy to have another in hand again.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
I love my AA neutral.sub lumens and great tint. Unfortunately my 4 year old has taken to it so I can't play with it when she's around. Lmao I guess I just don't play well with others

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
Someone help me out here. Was there ever a single AA MDC that was rated 1-3v? The AA MDC I recently picked up used, has a 1-3v head on it. Was this something Gene offered or are the head and body mismatched?

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Your head is marked 1-3v?

My AA lights are 1-2v, 123 lights are 2-3.2v no matter if its 219b, N, W, CW

123 light can be run off both but l/m modes might not differ much iirc.

Last edited: