Ebays worst move yet......

BUZ

Enlightened
Feedback Changes

The eBay Feedback system was designed to provide a simple, honest, accurate record of member experiences. Focusing on customer service includes doing everything we can to grow customer confidence in our sellers.
  • Buyers will only be able to receive positive Feedback.
  • Positive repeat customer Feedback will count (up to 1 Feedback from the same buyer per week.)
  • Feedback more than 12-months old won't count towards your Feedback percentage.
  • When a buyer doesn't respond to the Unpaid Item (UPI) process the negative or neutral Feedback they have left for that transaction will be removed.
  • When a member is suspended, all their negative and neutral Feedback will be removed.
  • Buyers must wait 3 days before leaving negative or neutral Feedback for sellers with an established track record, to encourage communication.
  • All Feedback must be left within 60 days (compared to 90 days today) of listing end to encourage timely Feedback and discourage abuse.
  • Buyers will be held more accountable when sellers report an unpaid item or commit other policy violations.
http://pages.ebay.com/sell/update08/rewards/

I've about had it with ebay! :mad:

tiktok 22

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just read this today also. As long as a buyer pays quickly(and it's a valid payment), This isn't a problem. They have lived up to their end of the bargain. It's now up to the seller to deliver the product. As far as UPI's go, this should be a positive for the seller.

Daekar

Enlightened
I agree with you completely... although this theme seems to be repeated throughout modern society in an blatant embrace of stupidity.

Once they destroy the feedback system the company will go down the tubes.

addictedmatt

Enlightened
I like this. I don't know how many times I had a completely smooth transaction end in my receiving broken or damaged product, or different product than what was listed. I refuse however, to leave negative feedback because I didn't want the seller to retaliate. It seems like the majority of sellers I have bought from withhold feedback until I send it for them, and I think thats crappy of them. Just my opinion.

Cydonia

Enlightened
I agree with you completely... although this theme seems to be repeated throughout modern society in an blatant embrace of stupidity.

Once they destroy the feedback system the company will go down the tubes.

Yes, this is yet another symptom of the times. Ebay is clogged full of scammers and low life bums who can't communicate with buyers or sellers. I expect e-bay to be very busy with sellers in the next few years... as the recession takes hold. Crushed with ever more unservicable debt, many will seek to raise cash by selling their junk on e-bay... watch out! ;)

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Yes, Not good.

But the feedback system was useless anyway.
I noticed that, too. Sellers only giving feedback when I as a buyer had given mine. Since I am fulfilling my part of the bargain fist, I want feedback first.
Which is why I do not give feedback any more. Very simple and elegant solution. Not caring any more. :sick2:

bernie

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think it's a terrible move. My activity on eBay has been about 60/40 selling/buying. I can tell you that there are as many bad buyers as bad sellers out there. Guys who don't pay, or decide they don't agree with the auction terms after they've won, or get the item and it turns out they didn't read the description, etc. Kooky buyers can damage a seller's reputation with BS feedback. Removing the way to put that sort of thing on someone's permanent record removes a lot of credibility from eBay. It also kills the current option you have to block high-negative bidders.

The feedback time restriction also is BS. Someone like me who has been on eBay for ten years has most of his feedback from past years. Cutting back to the last 12 months will make everyone who's not a power seller look like a newbie.

eBay just doesn't give a whit about the users any more. It's about money. Anything that raises sales rates is all that matters.

What they SHOULD do is get rid of that mutual feedback removal option. That only exists for members to extort each other.

fnmag

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also think this is a bum move.
I also see that Ebay is raising the Final Value Fee...it's all about the money.
I've cut my Ebay dealings way back.

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
No more retaliation feedback from sellers you left bad feedback for.. That is precisely the reason why ive NEVER left a bad feedback. Now i'll be able to. :)

Shane

lctorana

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sellers only giving feedback when I as a buyer had given mine. Since I am fulfilling my part of the bargain fist, I want feedback first.
Which is why I do not give feedback any more. Very simple and elegant solution.
Snap.

I am now zero-tolerance on feedback blackmailers.

If I've paid you, give me feedback. If you don't, then you do without mine.

RA40

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've not liked that I get a payment in on time and the seller waits till I've posted feedback for the transaction. My thinking is I've paid...my obligation is essentially finished. If the seller is trying to deceive me of ships the wrong goods, I should not have to be fearful of a retaliation feedback. How eBay can improve on this system, I dunno. I don't buy items above $50 these days because I'm not willing to take the losses.

That auctions site will still rake in mega $$ and what I basically hope for is integrity among people. Sad that scammers invade and abuse the good nature people place in others.

My transactions here on BST have been smooth save for one when USPS mis-delivered the goods and was essentially lost. That is a tough place because it's not either party's fault but both are left with an empty side. USPS didn't honor the insurance because the postal guy said , "it was delivered". :ohgeez: :mad:

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
I was pleased when I heard of the changes.

I noteed that you can still leave negative feedback for buyers who don't pay. "Bad" Sellers will no longer be able to leave negative feedback in retaliation for buyers who report a bad transaction. That makes sense. I don't know of any sellers who would refuse to sell to a buyer who always pays promptly, though I'm sure that buyers like that are out there.

Daniel

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast
i kinda like the one where "NARUED" peoples negs dont count.
i have had a terrible sellers bad mark on my feedback for ages, even though he/she was kicked completly off the site a few months after i got ripped off by them.

i communicated , didnt do any good.

i really thought that the 5 star system, was sufficient to change the fact that buyers get screwed twice if they get screwed once.

Last edited:

nzgunnie

Enlightened
I like this. I don't know how many times I had a completely smooth transaction end in my receiving broken or damaged product, or different product than what was listed. I refuse however, to leave negative feedback because I didn't want the seller to retaliate. It seems like the majority of sellers I have bought from withhold feedback until I send it for them, and I think thats crappy of them. Just my opinion.

Couldn't agree more.

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast
The feedback time restriction also is BS. Someone like me who has been on eBay for ten years has most of his feedback from past years. Cutting back to the last 12 months will make everyone who's not a power seller look like a newbie.

this will also mean that a scammer, can use the ol' sell 20 little pieces of junk for nothing trick, and have great visual feedback, then turn around and screw people with big sales.

like the guy who sells 1$ ginsu like knifes for a month or two, then rips off 20 buyers for dvds and lcd screens and such.

i would rather buy from people who have been in existance (a heck of a lot longer than 12mo), like YOU, than from some get ritch quick scheemer who came out in the last year.